Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 09-24-2009, 02:46 PM   #31
Daithi
Publishers are evil!
Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various Kindles
Great concept and nice job!
Daithi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 02:46 PM   #32
nboshart
Connoisseur
nboshart has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nboshart has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nboshart has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nboshart has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nboshart has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo
Looks great, simple interface and loads of possibilities. Can't really add anything to what I've read so far, but I'm pulling for some sort functions.
nboshart is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-24-2009, 02:52 PM   #33
Phogg
PHD in Horribleness
Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Just a whole bunch. I guess I am a collector now.
OOH bookmarking this.

I will try it out when I get home from work.
Kimmy wants more books on the orphan trains.
Phogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 03:05 PM   #34
PennyPie
Cocoa & Toast...mmmmmm...
PennyPie can extract oil from cheesePennyPie can extract oil from cheesePennyPie can extract oil from cheesePennyPie can extract oil from cheesePennyPie can extract oil from cheesePennyPie can extract oil from cheesePennyPie can extract oil from cheesePennyPie can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-700, iPhone
LadyBlue
Quote:
I agree that a Wish List function would be really good. I've only spent a moment there but I'll return and check it out further.
DITTO

This is just the thing I've been looking for!!
PennyPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 03:46 PM   #35
peetah
peetah began at the beginning.

Device: 505
nice site. can't find the book
Cerulean Storm by Troy Denning
so does the ebook not exist or is the result wrong?
peetah is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-24-2009, 04:04 PM   #36
Crowl
Wizard
Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, PW Signature edition
Looks interesting so far, here's some non-american site suggestions:

http://www.waterstones.com/waterston...e.do?ctx=10030
http://www.borders.co.uk/ebooks/ebooks/45/
http://ebooks.whsmith.co.uk/
Crowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 04:06 PM   #37
ekaser
Opinion Artiste
ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.

Device: Nexus 5, Nexus 7, Kindle Touch, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by anurag View Post
the input field would be helpful, though we are hoping people will email us new sites till we add it.

The complete list of the sites we search is posted here: http://inkmesh.com/about. It is updated automatically whenever we add a new site.
I RARELY click on ABOUT links on web sites (unless I'm REALLY trying to track down some information that I can't find anywhere... ). If you hope to have folks feeding you additional sites, you'll want to make that fact PROMINENT on the main web page with an attached link to "SITES WE COVER" (or whatever wording), even if that link just takes them to the About page. Otherwise, at least 90% of the folks will never see the About page and may never think about sending you additional links.
ekaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 04:07 PM   #38
pthwaite
Fanatic
pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: DR1000S Sony PRS505 iPad iPhone
A very good site with speedy response. I like it a lot.
It would be nice if it could identify the Country, or a search by country,as it can be difficult to get some books if you are in a different country.

Again more re-sellers, eg for the Uk, there are Waterstones, WHSmith & Borders all with varying selections and pricing. Some sites such as BoB have multiple country selections too.

I'd like the Country of Origin to be user selectable as it allows the ability to see how prices vary...

All in all though, a very useful addition
pthwaite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 04:14 PM   #39
anurag
Addict
anurag has a spectacular aura aboutanurag has a spectacular aura aboutanurag has a spectacular aura aboutanurag has a spectacular aura aboutanurag has a spectacular aura aboutanurag has a spectacular aura aboutanurag has a spectacular aura aboutanurag has a spectacular aura aboutanurag has a spectacular aura aboutanurag has a spectacular aura aboutanurag has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kindle 1 and DX, iPhone
Hellmark, sorry about the typo! Re: the price filters - that's exactly what we thought - something is better than nothing, and we will add better filtering soon.

Ahi, we definitely want to include non-English books. I've noted your link.

Timoleon, way to go!

Seventh Son, being geeks ourselves, we love the prefix idea. You might see it sooner than you expect

BearMountainBooks, thanks a lot for checking, and for your kind words. Yes, we want to start telling more people once we address some of the suggestions posted here and iron out the remaining issues. I will PM you as soon as we are ready for prime time!

Daithi - thanks. We like 1001books too.

nboshart: better sorting/filtering seems to be one of the most popular demands, so now we know what we need to work on next.

Phogg - do try it out - we would appreciate your feedback.

PennyPie - you're welcome!

peetah - I checked a few sites, and it looks like the book isn't really available in ebook format. We are thinking about making that clear in the results itself at some point. Stay tuned!

Crowl, thanks for the links - all noted. Waterstones seems to be quite popular outside the US, so it will probably go in sooner than the others.

ekaser - that's a very good point. We will probably link to the site list from somewhere in the site header itself so it's available on all the pages. Thank you.

pthwaite, thank you! We decided to start with the US since we're based here, but we're open to adding new countries (and user selections for sites they want to search). We will think through this one. The UK retailers you mentioned seem to be quite popular, so they're very high on our TODO list.
anurag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 04:15 PM   #40
kaan
Connoisseur
kaan will become famous soon enoughkaan will become famous soon enoughkaan will become famous soon enoughkaan will become famous soon enoughkaan will become famous soon enoughkaan will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony prs-505
Very nice site :-)

I would be happy if you were to include a filter for regional availability. I'm living in Europe and many of your sources will not sell ebooks to me.
kaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 04:21 PM   #41
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I did find a bug. I found that when I searched for "206 Bones" it came up with 3 free and none of them are actually free.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 04:26 PM   #42
ahi
Wizard
ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
If you click "Feedback" on the far right side of the homepage (the vertically centred tab) you can vote on feature requests or add your own.

- Ahi
ahi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 04:27 PM   #43
finniusfrog
finniusfrog began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook 3
Very nice. Keep up the good work. I think there is a lot of potential especially with the increase of sales of eBooks.

Only thing I would recommend would be regional settings.

Cheers
finniusfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 04:28 PM   #44
zerospinboson
"Assume a can opener..."
zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iLiad v2, DR1000
Also, it might be nice if there was an option to search for books costing ">10$" (or whatever unit). I tend to search for classics in new translations, and the results are almost impossible to navigate when the PD results (costing anywhere from .99 to 7$ or so) are included.
zerospinboson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 04:28 PM   #45
Crowl
Wizard
Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, PW Signature edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by anurag View Post
Crowl, thanks for the links - all noted. Waterstones seems to be quite popular outside the US, so it will probably go in sooner than the others.
They are sony's official partner in the uk as we don't get proper sony stores in europe.

Thalia.de and Libri.de are the german ones and Bol.com is the dutch one, so they will probably be foreign ones you would want to add.
Crowl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
inkmesh