Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 02-08-2024, 04:28 PM   #31
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
There might also be page turn speed and memory issues.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2024, 02:53 PM   #32
talaivan
Groupie
talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony prs-505
I bought both an Elipsa 2E and a Scribe. I hated the scribe for many reasons (some given above) and sold it. But I also found that, in spite of the lower resolution of the Elipsa, it was easier to read on it than the Scribe, especially in night mode. The screen on the Sage is 300 dpi. Someone said that Amazon has a lock on the 300 dpi larger screens for several years, so the Elipsa may not be updated to 300 dpi soon. But it doesn't matter -- its screen is excellent in my experience.
talaivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-25-2024, 03:12 PM   #33
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
I have an Elipsa and a TCL Nxtpaper 11. The TCL is far superior to the Elipsa, though the Elipsa works.TCL is incredibly faster, 128G internal flash and up to 1T uSD card. I have a 256G card.

The Sage actually has more pixels, but the text is a bit too small on it.
Maybe I'll post some 20M pixel photos I took if I figure a sane way to do it.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote