Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-03-2011, 09:09 AM   #121
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2nd gen, Sony DPTS1, iPad Pro 10.5"
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgodby View Post
Ordered the basic $79 Kindle. Love my Kindle3 with 3G, but haven't used the 3G but once, and rarely use the keyboard. Any weight saving is a plus in my book. Pun intended.
Do you travel?

I can compromise on the lack of physical keyboard, but no 3G?

I still believe it was not a good idea removing the page turn buttons from the 3G version and don't understand the real reason for that.

But the weight reduction is very appealing to me.
jocampo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 09:11 AM   #122
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by jocampo View Post
But the weight reduction is very appealing to me.
I have to confess that I rarely find myself staggering under the crushing weight of my K3 . In fact, one of the reason that my K3 lives permanently in the Amazon lighted cover is that the extra weight and bulk of it gives more "substance" to the reader, and (for me) makes it easier to hold.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-03-2011, 09:18 AM   #123
monkeyluis
Banned
monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad "3", Kindle Touch, Kindle Fire, iPhone 4S
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I have to confess that I rarely find myself staggering under the crushing weight of my K3 . In fact, one of the reason that my K3 lives permanently in the Amazon lighted cover is that the extra weight and bulk of it gives more "substance" to the reader, and (for me) makes it easier to hold.

Nice. I actually think about that too. Sometimes I'll take it out of the cover & enjoy it a bit. But then I put it back after a while because I do like the way it feels in the cover. I'll be getting a cover for the Kindle Touch, waiting for a blue color though, like I have for the K3. I also hope the battery isn't as worn down from the Kindle Cover light.
monkeyluis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 09:23 AM   #124
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2nd gen, Sony DPTS1, iPad Pro 10.5"
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Interesting.

To me, the weight and lightness is important.

Now, don't know the limit yet. I know there will be a point that I will consider it too light or difficult to hold 'cause is too tiny or too light. Not sure if 6 oz will be or is my limit for that. As a matter of fact, if Apple reduce the iPad's weight again, I will probably sell mine; my dream is having an iPad with same weight as a Kindle DXG (or a DXG as fast as an iPad, touchscreen maybe? lol )

The bezel is another important point. Too narrow and see my fingers obstructing the screen and I won't like that probably.

But I guess Amazon has made heavy R&D and marketing research on those points.
jocampo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 08:08 PM   #125
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
OK
I ordered a Kindle (no ads). (super saver shipping, cuz' I am cheap )

My wife gets right of first refusal (one of those anti-ebook types ),
then I will offer it to my sis (another A-EBT).
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-03-2011, 08:11 PM   #126
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
OK
I ordered a Kindle (no ads). (super saver shipping, cuz' I am cheap )

My wife gets right of first refusal (one of those anti-ebook types ),
then I will offer it to my sis (another A-EBT).
Congrats! So glad to see you on the Kindle side.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
amazon, android, fire, kindle