Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-28-2011, 07:15 PM   #91
Zeebra
Evangelist
Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3
And I just received notification that it's shipped! In love Amazon's service! It arrives
on Friday!!
Zeebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 08:03 PM   #92
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi Cygni View Post
anybody wonders if JSWolf is ordering one of them too?

lol, sowwy, couldn't resist
He is probably still waiting on one of those T1s Sony claimed to have shipped last week then mysteriously stopped in transit!
Advert
Old 09-28-2011, 08:37 PM   #93
morituri
Enthusiast
morituri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morituri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morituri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morituri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morituri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morituri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morituri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morituri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morituri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morituri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morituri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6, iPad Air, Kindle PW2, Kindle HD
It was just coincidence (or not?) that I received my latest Amazon Associates earnings yesterday, which just covered the cost of the Fire. Can't wait :-)
morituri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 08:38 PM   #94
jermyzy
Enthusiast
jermyzy has a spectacular aura aboutjermyzy has a spectacular aura aboutjermyzy has a spectacular aura aboutjermyzy has a spectacular aura aboutjermyzy has a spectacular aura aboutjermyzy has a spectacular aura aboutjermyzy has a spectacular aura aboutjermyzy has a spectacular aura aboutjermyzy has a spectacular aura aboutjermyzy has a spectacular aura aboutjermyzy has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kindle 4
Just ordered by first ereader. The new non-touch Kindle
jermyzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 08:53 PM   #95
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by jermyzy View Post
Just ordered by first ereader. The new non-touch Kindle
Congrats!
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-28-2011, 09:47 PM   #96
NVash
Wandering Vagabond
NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch
I got a Kindle 3 for Christmas and I cant say Im amused at these new ones. Im not sure Ill buy one though. I like the Fire but Ill wait for reviews. The Kindle Touch? I dont like it at all.
NVash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 11:07 PM   #97
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
I'll play with my grandson's Fire tablet when it comes. If I like it, I just may buy one for myself, but as the owner of a iPad, I really don't need it. All other things being more or less equal, I'll have to convince myself that the weight and size difference make it a worthwhile investment.

As for the Kindle touch, I am so tempted, but only because it's the latest thing. My fear is that it would end up on the shelf keeping my Sony Touch company. One of the unmentioned benefits of the Kindle Keyboard models is that the keyboard takes up space at the bottom of the device. While this may seem a negative at first glance, it's actually a great benefit to folks like me who like to kick back in a recliner when they read with the reader propped squarely on the stomach. That extra distance from the top of the keyboard to the bottom edge of the device insures that the screen is raised high enough in the air so that the bottom of the screen is well within the frame of my reading glasses.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 11:29 PM   #98
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
One of the unmentioned benefits of the Kindle Keyboard models is that the keyboard takes up space at the bottom of the device. While this may seem a negative at first glance, it's actually a great benefit to folks like me who like to kick back in a recliner when they read with the reader propped squarely on the stomach. That extra distance from the top of the keyboard to the bottom edge of the device insures that the screen is raised high enough in the air so that the bottom of the screen is well within the frame of my reading glasses.
Ah, what you need is a Kindle-rest. The Cavalier King Charles Spaniel in my avatar is mine.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 02:37 AM   #99
xg4bx
Are you gonna eat that?
xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Nook STG
i guess the recession is over, huh?

my malibu stacy works fine, i don't need the malibu stacy with the new hat
xg4bx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 09:32 AM   #100
eSheri
Addict
eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3+3G, Sony 350, Kindle Fire HD, iPad Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
Decided to jump on board the band wagon. Got a Touch 3G SO for myself.
LoL you remind me of me--I think we both like electronics! I buy them for my daughter also, but she's not as excited about them as Mom
eSheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 09:52 AM   #101
Zeebra
Evangelist
Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

My new Kindle is in Canada, waiting for it to be delivered to my door..
Old 09-29-2011, 10:00 AM   #102
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeebra View Post
My new Kindle is in Canada, waiting for it to be delivered to my door..
Wow that was quick for Canada! Right? Mine is at the local UPS facility in my city and should be delivered today.
Old 09-29-2011, 01:17 PM   #103
Zeebra
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
Wow that was quick for Canada! Right? Mine is at the local UPS facility in my city and should be delivered today.
I just called UPS to see if it was coming tomorrow or today, she told me it's scheduled for TODAY! It should be here anytime......
Old 09-29-2011, 01:38 PM   #104
Zeebra
Evangelist

No "unboxing" videos yet on Youtube. Has anyone received the new Kindle yet? *sigh*, starved to see it.
Old 09-29-2011, 01:39 PM   #105
eSheri
Addict
eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3+3G, Sony 350, Kindle Fire HD, iPad Mini
LoL at everyone waiting for the UPS guy!....
I wish it were me!!!! LOL I'm so excited!!
eSheri is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
amazon, android, fire, kindle