Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

View Poll Results: Best battle horse 🐎: Pocketbook Era vs. Kobo Libra 2 (or ?)
Pocketbook Era 9 30.00%
Kobo Libra 2 20 66.67%
Other 1 3.33%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-04-2023, 07:39 AM   #46
mobama
Evangelist
mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 3, Onyx T76ML, Kobo H2O Edition 1, Kobo Mini
I have used many Pocketbooks and some Kobos. Now finally with Pocketbook Inkpad 4 the screen is up to par with Kobos. However, Inkpad 4 (as most newer e-reader devices) does not have a microSD slot anymore.

Between Era and Libra I vote for Libra.
mobama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2023, 04:11 AM   #47
chrisridd
Guru
chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Kobo Aura ONE, Marvin 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
In the early versions of the Era, at least, that seems to be true.
Pocketbook have said in a German forum that they fixed an early quality issue in Era screens (or the layers they added on top of the screens) and that all devices sold since September 2022 are fixed.

Obviously it is an absolute own goal for Pocketbook that all the review units suffered from those quality issues. I hope they've learned for newer devices.

It'd be nice to see a review of a new fixed unit, but I guess that wouldn't get any clicks
chrisridd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2023, 01:15 PM   #48
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisridd View Post
It'd be nice to see a review of a new fixed unit, but I guess that wouldn't get any clicks
Or, less cynically, Pocketbook hasn't bothered to send out review units of the fixed Eras.

If they did fix them, good for them.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2024, 09:01 PM   #49
cliffsloane555
cliffsloane555 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Choices for replacing a Kindle Voyage?

First, let me say that there is a lot I like about my 7th Gen Voyage. The page-turning buttons, Wiki lookups, and ability to send via wifi are tops. If it were not for its age (and the finite life of solid state chips) and the clumsy "experimental" browser, I'd stick with it. Which I may still do.
There are appealing features of newer devices, especially dark mode, but they are nice, not essential.
So two candidates remain standing for me, Pocketbook Verse Pro and Kobo Libra 2.
Almost 100% of my reading is articles from newspapers and magazines, sent from browsers, with photos and links to web articles.
Replace?
If so, which?
cliffsloane555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2024, 03:49 AM   #50
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffsloane555 View Post
First, let me say that there is a lot I like about my 7th Gen Voyage. The page-turning buttons, Wiki lookups, and ability to send via wifi are tops. If it were not for its age (and the finite life of solid state chips) and the clumsy "experimental" browser, I'd stick with it. Which I may still do.
There are appealing features of newer devices, especially dark mode, but they are nice, not essential.
So two candidates remain standing for me, Pocketbook Verse Pro and Kobo Libra 2.
Almost 100% of my reading is articles from newspapers and magazines, sent from browsers, with photos and links to web articles.
Replace?
If so, which?
I suggest you post this as a new thread in this subforum instead of tacking it onto a months-old post.
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ereader