Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 11-06-2013, 07:09 PM   #151
Penforhire
Wizard
Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage & iPhone 7+
Like others here I tend to skip Photoshop revisions when it comes out of my pocket. I'm still on CS5 at home but using CS6 at work. I don't know what I'm going to do in the future now that they've gone subscription-only. Not 'owning' a fixed revision of a piece of software rubs me the wrong way. Photoshop's method of forcing upgrades in the past is to not support the latest RAW formats or improved conversions in older PS versions. I might just buy a separate RAW converter and live on my current Photoshop versions for a very long time.

It is becoming more common but I want to resist it where I can. I hope Adobe feels it in their revenue but I think I'm shoveling against the tide because the subscription program lets more people work the whole Creative suite with less initial investment.
Penforhire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 12:26 AM   #152
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penforhire View Post
Like others here I tend to skip Photoshop revisions when it comes out of my pocket. I'm still on CS5 at home but using CS6 at work. I don't know what I'm going to do in the future now that they've gone subscription-only. Not 'owning' a fixed revision of a piece of software rubs me the wrong way. Photoshop's method of forcing upgrades in the past is to not support the latest RAW formats or improved conversions in older PS versions. I might just buy a separate RAW converter and live on my current Photoshop versions for a very long time.

It is becoming more common but I want to resist it where I can. I hope Adobe feels it in their revenue but I think I'm shoveling against the tide because the subscription program lets more people work the whole Creative suite with less initial investment.
Microsoft is going this way in their Office 365 product they are trying to push and I foresee soon the full office one paid going away in the next couple versions.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 12:26 PM   #153
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penforhire View Post
Like others here I tend to skip Photoshop revisions when it comes out of my pocket. I'm still on CS5 at home but using CS6 at work.
Heh. I'm still on CS2. That's how long it's been since I made enough using the suite to justify paying for the upgrade. Fortunately, the few paid projects I use it for only require handing off the finished product, so I don't need my project files to be compatible with newer versions. I have to give Adobe props for how they handled taking the licensing servers offline.

However, I do have and keep Lightroom updated. The price for it is more than reasonable for how much I use it, even when I'm not making money from my photography.
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 02:18 PM   #154
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Still on CS4 here and likely to be for the foreseeable future.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 10:02 PM   #155
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
And the list is out. They posted 150 million records of logins and passwords.

LastPass has setup a tool to check here: https://lastpass.com/adobe/

Of course, both of my accounts (One for Photoshop.com and then Creative Cloud most likely) had to be compromised.
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 10:31 PM   #156
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo, H2O, Aura One, Forma, Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica Lares View Post

Of course, both of my accounts (One for Photoshop.com and then Creative Cloud most likely) had to be compromised.
Thank you for posting Jessica

Edit

one of my accounts was compromised

Last edited by Lynx-lynx; 11-07-2013 at 10:42 PM.
Lynx-lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 11:07 PM   #157
hwlester
Wizard
hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T1, Kindle Touch, misc. Android devices, Nook HD+
Quote:

Yes, thank you. Oddly enough, my email was not on the list. Mine is only used for ADE, though.
hwlester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 02:40 AM   #158
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynx-lynx View Post
Thank you for posting Jessica

Edit

one of my accounts was compromised
Same here! here comes the spam!

You know Adobe never notified me either that I was compromise.

Last edited by Blossom; 11-08-2013 at 02:45 AM.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 10:50 AM   #159
jersysman
Wizard
jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T1 Red, Kindle Fire, Kindle PW, PW2, Nook HD+, Kobo Mini, Aura HD
Yeah, one of mine was on the list. Only Adobe product I have is ADE, but still...
jersysman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 01:46 PM   #160
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
My account was compromised. It said one other person used the same password. Guess I am not very creative.
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 02:41 PM   #161
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by library addict View Post
My account was compromised. It said one other person used the same password. Guess I am not very creative.
I changed my passwords to be safe on Oct 6th, but I recently found another site that will check if your email was one that was hacked. Only 1 of my 2 accounts were hacked.

But when I tried it at the LastPass site, it also told me that one other person used my password for the hacked email. I think that's a glitch in their system since my password was a random generated 16-character password with upper and lower case, numbers and special characters.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 03:48 PM   #162
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
You guys might have two accounts... Ever use Photoshop.com? Maybe Revel?
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 05:24 PM   #163
cadele
Addict
cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles, Sony 650
Quote:

Thanks for posting this. I checked and my account was one of the hacked too. I never gave them credit card info thankfully as it was just a product registration. NOT pleased, though.
cadele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 05:50 PM   #164
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
Quote:
You guys might have two accounts... Ever use Photoshop.com? Maybe Revel?
In my case, definitely never used either Photoshop.com or Revel. I keep very careful track of all my passwords both using LastPass and a text file I keep just in case that's encrypted on my hard drive. But even if I did use another connected site, I always use different passwords.

I did have 2 Adobe accounts though, one for my ereaders for Digital Editions, and then a 2nd one I set up for my cell phone with a completely different username, email and password (it seemed a wiser option in case my phone was ever lost). Only the older one for my ereaders was hacked according to websites such as from LastPass providing that info, but I immediately changed them both as soon as the hackings were made public back in October.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 09:52 AM   #165
49Kat
Fanatic
49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 9th Gen, iPhone 11, Paperwhite 10th Gen.
According to info at the LastPass link, one of my accounts was compromised. They said that the same password had been used 5 times on that one. I had changed it as soon as Adobe sent the news back in October, so it should be allright now. I had no financial info entered under that account. I thought my mailing address was there, but when I checked further, I see it wasn't. (And I don't know why it would have been, I've never ordered anything from them.) Another account I had set up was not compromised.

Last edited by 49Kat; 11-10-2013 at 10:04 AM.
49Kat is offline   Reply With Quote