Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-23-2010, 02:59 PM   #1
Andrew Kaufman
Author/Suspense Thrillers
Andrew Kaufman has a spectacular aura aboutAndrew Kaufman has a spectacular aura aboutAndrew Kaufman has a spectacular aura aboutAndrew Kaufman has a spectacular aura aboutAndrew Kaufman has a spectacular aura aboutAndrew Kaufman has a spectacular aura aboutAndrew Kaufman has a spectacular aura aboutAndrew Kaufman has a spectacular aura aboutAndrew Kaufman has a spectacular aura aboutAndrew Kaufman has a spectacular aura aboutAndrew Kaufman has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kindle
Kindle Reviews

Just wondering if anyone knows of some good sites for getting reviews on Kindle books.

Thanks

Drew
Andrew Kaufman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 03:25 PM   #2
lost66615
Enthusiast
lost66615 doesn't litterlost66615 doesn't litter

Device: kindle dx
depends on which book subject you are interested in but amazon uses a sample of books manly the first chapter i use this as a review if i can get into it i some times buy
lost66615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-23-2010, 05:42 PM   #3
JeremyR
Guru
JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Nook HD+
I've only looked at free books on amazon, but the trouble with their pages for those is that they include physical copies, or in some cases, there are multiple editions.

Since a big part of an ebook review is about formatting and typos and such, it's not that useful...
JeremyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 08:52 PM   #4
krazy4katz
Addict
krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: [Kindle 1, Kindle 3 (KK)], Kindle Voyage, iPad Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Kaufman View Post
Just wondering if anyone knows of some good sites for getting reviews on Kindle books.

Thanks

Drew
It depends what you mean. If you are looking for other people's opinion of books you are thinking of reading, I go to Librarything.com. They also have an early reviewer program where you can get books for free if you promise to review them. For most of the books I read, the LT reviews tend to have fewer stars than the Amazon reviews. Sometimes people will review the format of a book, but that is rare. There are also discussion groups for the kindle and for ebooks in general.

k4k
krazy4katz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 12:06 AM   #5
Andrew Kaufman
Andrew Kaufman has a spectacular aura aboutAndrew Kaufman has a spectacular aura aboutAndrew Kaufman has a spectacular aura aboutAndrew Kaufman has a spectacular aura aboutAndrew Kaufman has a spectacular aura aboutAndrew Kaufman has a spectacular aura aboutAndrew Kaufman has a spectacular aura aboutAndrew Kaufman has a spectacular aura aboutAndrew Kaufman has a spectacular aura aboutAndrew Kaufman has a spectacular aura aboutAndrew Kaufman has a spectacular aura about

Thanks for the responses, everyone. I guess I should have been more clear. I was looking for a site independent of Amazon that has reviewers who regularly read and rate e-books. I know they're out there, but finding them on Google is like running through a rat maze. But I will check out librarything.com and if anyone has other suggestions, I'd like to hear them

Drew
Advert
Old 09-24-2010, 11:38 AM   #6
krazy4katz
Addict
krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: [Kindle 1, Kindle 3 (KK)], Kindle Voyage, iPad Pro
By the way, Andrew, they also have a "Hobnob with Authors" group where you can discuss your own writing and how to appropriately promote your own books at LT. You can even sign up to be interviewed by LT members about your writing.

k4k
krazy4katz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 12:13 PM   #7
Verres
Zealot
Verres , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Verres , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Verres , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Verres , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Verres , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Verres , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Verres , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Verres , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Verres , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Verres , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Verres , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: none
Well maybe this could be sth. for you:

http://www.librarything.com/
Verres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 01:31 PM   #8
Andrew Kaufman

Thanks, Krazy4Katz, for that info. I appreciate it. I will check it out. I was also looking to read reviews about other people's e-books as well--more for my own personal pleasure