Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-16-2010, 01:02 PM   #1
vugtitan
Addict
vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
should i cancel kindle order?

i ordered on 29/08/10

Amazon today gave me a date of 29/09/10 for my graphite 3g kingle and after viewing all the problems people are having,such as freezing,rebooting,slow page turns,creaking case,poor collection management,poor software i was wandering if i should cancel the order and then 2 weeks later order it again as i really don't want to go thru the pain of getting it,testing it,spending 12 hours putting books in ,it then dying or freezing or being faulty then having to return it and then having to return it to repeat it all over again.

any advice would be received with heartfelt gratitude.
vugtitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 01:11 PM   #2
carld
Wizard
carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
If only there were some way to ignore thread titles.
carld is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-16-2010, 01:12 PM   #3
jol12
jol12 began at the beginning.

Device: prs 505(broken), kindle dxi, K3 3G
Hi Vugtitan,
I would say no. I've got two Kindles , one wifi only and one 3G for about 2 weeks. Apart of wifi is rattling I have no problems with them. And the new display is great. I've put my old KDX (white) on the shelf already. No hungs nor resets of any of them - maybe because they are used to read the books not internet browsing
HTH
jol12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 01:20 PM   #4
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
You dont state your location. If a return was required, could it be easily done without cost?
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 01:29 PM   #5
kab9
kab9 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
I had one freeze and one reboot on the first day I had my Kindle. Since then it has been perfect, and I notice the update was pushed out automatically, so I now have software version 3.01, and it continues to be just fine. I love my Kindle 3 wifi.

Last edited by kab9; 09-16-2010 at 07:10 PM.
kab9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-16-2010, 01:42 PM   #6
Falcao
Banned
Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by vugtitan View Post
Yes, like they say here: mientras menos burros mas olotes.
Falcao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 01:48 PM   #7
abookreader
Wizard
abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles - Keyboard, Fire, 2-US, iPhone, iPAD
The thing about internet message boards is that they can really skew perceptions. When people have a problem with their products they post. When their products are working as intended, they are silent.

I mean, it would be really boring if I logged on here every morning and posted:

I used my Kindle in the sun yesterday and had no problem!

or

I just picked my Kindle up, and nothing rattled!

So it is really hard to say just from what you see on the boards how prevalent the problems being posted are across the globe. I have a K3 and haven't experienced problems, I personally know several people in town who have K3s and they haven't told me of any problems.

So if you want my opinion on whether to cancel I'd say - nah. Roll the dice and be optimistic that you'll get a good one. And if not, then depend on Amazon CS to make it right. But it is really up to you.
abookreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 01:51 PM   #8
dougmwpsu
Enthusiast
dougmwpsu began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Yes, you probably should cancel the order. Maybe even get a Kindle 2 for cheap and use that for a year or so while Amazon gets the Kindle 3 problems worked out. I mean at this point the Kindle 3 is practically unusable and I haven't heard any reports of people without significant problems. I don't know why these companies want us to do their unpaid beta testing!

And yes, Falco, like they say in Italy: mientras menos burros mas olotes! (In ENGLISH: Buyer beware of tainted food.)
dougmwpsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 01:53 PM   #9
ppw
Connoisseur
ppw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ppw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ppw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ppw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ppw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ppw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ppw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ppw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ppw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ppw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ppw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 wifi, Kindle DXG, iPad 3
My impression is Kindle problems are mostly depend on where the books are coming from. If you only read books from Kindle store, then you will have much less problems. If you are like me loading a bunch of books form other source (4/80 from kindle store), then problems are likely to occur.
ppw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 02:01 PM   #10
abookreader
Wizard
abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles - Keyboard, Fire, 2-US, iPhone, iPAD
Quote:
I mean at this point the Kindle 3 is practically unusable and I haven't heard any reports of people without significant problems.
huh, so I guess I got the only usable works as promised Kindle 3 on the face of the planet because not only do I not have significant problems, I really don't even have insignificant problems. Man, I never have luck like that. I should go buy a lottery ticket.
abookreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 02:04 PM   #11
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
[QUOTE=vugtitan;1112492]should i cancel kindle order?

i ordered on 29/08/10

Amazon today gave me a date of 29/09/10 for my graphite 3g kingle and after viewing all the problems people are having,such as freezing,rebooting,slow page turns,creaking case,poor collection management,poor software i was wandering if i should cancel the order and then 2 weeks later order it again as i really don't want to go thru the pain of getting it,testing it,spending 12 hours putting books in ,it then dying or freezing or being faulty then having to return it and then having to return it to repeat it all over again.

any advice would be received with heartfelt gratitude.[/QUOTE

Just give it time, in the beginning, when you load a lot of books. It takes some battery and other time to index everything. But once it is done you'll be allright. Also there is an update 3.0.2 coming.
But it is the most stable ereader I've had so far. If it gets stuck, it reboots/resets, sometimes after several times, but then it's allright.
The weak point is the searchfunction if you've a lot of books, but on the forum they've some tricks for that.
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 02:09 PM   #12
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Any 'upgrade' is likely to have bugs. Nothing I've read so far would get me to cancel.

Any problems will be fixed.....
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 02:12 PM   #13
carld
Wizard
carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
[quote] I haven't heard any reports of people without significant problems.

I haven't had any problems at all.
carld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 02:21 PM   #14
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
I hope he was being sarcastic.

I would not cancel your Kindle. A small percentage of folks have had problems and Amazon is taking care of those problems.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 02:29 PM   #15
dougmwpsu
Enthusiast
dougmwpsu began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
I hope he was being sarcastic.

I would not cancel your Kindle. A small percentage of folks have had problems and Amazon is taking care of those problems.
It's a well known fact that sarcasm does not exist on the internet. The internet is serious business.
dougmwpsu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
faults, heart, kindle, order