Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 10-19-2008, 09:03 AM   #1
Fermthe
Connoisseur
Fermthe began at the beginning.

Device: Prs-500/Iliad v2
ABC Amber Sony Converter Problem

Hello to All. I have tried ABC Amber Sony Converter for some books i have from my sony so i can read them with my iliad but it makes them with garbled characters and this converted with ABC Amber Sony Converter is very anoying. Is there any other way to do this job ?
Fermthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 09:10 AM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fermthe View Post
Hello to All. I have tried ABC Amber Sony Converter for some books i have from my sony so i can read them with my iliad but it makes them with garbled characters and this converted with ABC Amber Sony Converter is very anoying. Is there any other way to do this job ?
Are you trying to convert LRX or LRF? if it's LRX, it won't work as that's chock full of DRM.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-20-2008, 05:52 AM   #3
Fermthe
Connoisseur

ABC Amber Sony Converter

Yes lrf im trying to convert and to be exact its not destroyng all characters but only some.
Old 10-20-2008, 11:31 AM   #4
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
The Amber Sony converter ... leaves a lot to be desired.

Most folks have been pretty disappointed with it, but it's the only straight out converter available so far.

However, since the files you have are LRF, you have another option. If you open them in the Sony PC software (assuming you have a PC ) you can copy the text straight out of its viewing feature (with a simple ctrl+a ctrl+c) and paste it into wherever you need to go. Hope that helps.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 11:36 AM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
You can use lrf2lrs and then edit the LRS from there.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-20-2008, 06:38 PM   #6
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
Or use LRFTools.
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 05:51 PM   #7
Fermthe
Connoisseur

ABC Amber Sony Converter

Ok Thanks for the help. Im going to try them one by one and see