Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-26-2010, 08:33 PM   #1
ballast
Enthusiast
ballast is on a distinguished road

Device: Nook
Losing my mind

I am sure I read in a thread just a few days ago that I could Alt-left-click on an Author in the Author's column of the library display and select all books by that author. Whatever the command, I did it and it worked - I remember thinking, "how clever of them".

But it doesn't work now... either I have 'mis-remembered' the shortcut, or it is no longer working.... probably the former.
ballast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 08:42 PM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by ballast View Post
I am sure I read in a thread just a few days ago that I could Alt-left-click on an Author in the Author's column of the library display and select all books by that author. Whatever the command, I did it and it worked - I remember thinking, "how clever of them".
Click on the author in the tag browser to the left. Not in the library view.

You could right click on the author in the library view and do the same thing, see attached. Select the author you want to match and alt-a is the shortcut.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	author.jpg
Views:	234
Size:	131.1 KB
ID:	58896  

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 09-26-2010 at 08:49 PM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-26-2010, 08:48 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by ballast View Post

But it doesn't work now... either I have 'mis-remembered' the shortcut, or it is no longer working.... probably the former.
Walt way is good.

Another way (Calibre has many ways )
Right click on one of the books you want, Similar Books ... Author, Series....

(See what I mean about many ways?)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 08:16 AM   #4
ballast
Enthusiast
ballast is on a distinguished road

Device: Nook
Thanks everyone - it was Alt-A that I had run across before, but there are other great suggestions too. I had been doing the Author/Tag bit, but alt-a is quicker if you are browsing titles - thanks again
ballast is offline   Reply With Quote