Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 04-15-2013, 12:12 AM   #16
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool gone away

Quote:
Originally Posted by exaltedwombat View Post
Have you done anything to the window docking issue? It SEEMS to have gone away, though I hesitate to speak too soon!
It seems to have gone away for me as well.

alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 01:17 AM   #17
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
i don't see a choice of 32 bit or 64 bit for windows
is there only one installer for both ?
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-15-2013, 01:57 AM   #18
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
I think there is no 64-bit version. There also wasn't one for 0.7.1. IIRC it was stated that there was no added value for a 64-bit version.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 06:58 AM   #19
exaltedwombat
Guru
exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by user_none View Post
Are you having an issue with it? It uses the file mime type not the extension to determine which resources to apply the cleaning to.
After installing the latest version (the corrected Windows build) I had a most peculiar editing session where two chapters lost their body content completely (the only "dangerous" thing I'd done was a S&R to change <h1> to <h2> - other chapters survived), then Tidy all HTML files seemed to affect only the current chapter. I THINK the body content disappeared before the Tidy operation.

I hadn't rebooted after installing 0.7.2. I had a backup. No harm done. If it happens again, you'll be the first to know :-)
exaltedwombat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 07:25 AM   #20
exaltedwombat
Guru
exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

There does seem to be a problem with Tidy all HTML files, in more than one file, on more than one Windows 7 computer. I don't know if it's new to 0.7.2.

Tidy current file works. Tidy all does nothing. Just me?
Advert
Old 04-15-2013, 08:55 AM   #21
crutledge
eBook FANatic
crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP ipac RX5915 Wife's Kindle
Scratching my head

I have built my first book with 07.2.

Everything looks fine in Sigil (No errors found) and the book looks fine in Calibre eBook viewer, Kindle, and Calibre lrf viewer.

When I open the book in ADE all formatting disappears. Has anyone else run across this?

Charlie
Attached Files
File Type: epub Japhet in Search of a Father.epub (841.3 KB, 160 views)
crutledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 09:07 AM   #22
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by crutledge View Post

Everything looks fine in Sigil (No errors found) and the book looks fine in Calibre eBook viewer, Kindle, and Calibre lrf viewer.

When I open the book in ADE all formatting disappears. Has anyone else run across this?

Charlie
Did you validate the Stylesheet? (FC does not do this)
ADE is intolerant of any errors.

Code:
Sorry! We found the following errors (1)
URI : TextArea
63 	.centerbox 	Value Error : padding attempt to find a semi-colon before the property name. add it
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 09:17 AM   #23
exaltedwombat
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by crutledge View Post

Charlie
When a stylesheet has errors, some readers are kind and try to work out what you MEANT. Others just ignore everything after the error in the stylesheet.
Old 04-15-2013, 09:30 AM   #24
crutledge
eBook FANatic
crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP ipac RX5915 Wife's Kindle
Red Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Did you validate the Stylesheet? (FC does not do this)
ADE is intolerant of any errors.

Code:
Sorry! We found the following errors (1)
URI : TextArea
63 	.centerbox 	Value Error : padding attempt to find a semi-colon before the property name. add it
You, sir, are correct. A missing [;].

"Ignorance can be cured by education, but stupidity is a joy forever"
crutledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 11:13 AM   #25
Arios
A curiosus lector!
Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Kobo Touch
crutledge,

Assuming you are on Windows, you can use the batch file (epubcheck_1.1.zip) you can find here: (https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=201764).

You'll also need this one: https://code.google.com/p/epubcheck/...bcheck-3.0.zip

Alongside FlightCrew, it gives you another way to check your epub with an easy drag and drop.
Arios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 11:56 AM   #26
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arios View Post
crutledge,

Assuming you are on Windows, you can use the batch file (epubcheck_1.1.zip) you can find here: (https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=201764).

You'll also need this one: https://code.google.com/p/epubcheck/...bcheck-3.0.zip

Alongside FlightCrew, it gives you another way to check your epub with an easy drag and drop.
epubcheck 1.1 is too old to bother with. epubcheck 3.0 is the version to be used now.

What I do is run the ePub through FlightCrew because it's easier to deal with the error messages. Then when FC is done, I run it through epubcheck 3.0 and fix any errors found there.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 12:00 PM   #27
elibrarian
Imperfect Perfectionist
elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
epubcheck 1.1 is too old to bother with. epubcheck 3.0 is the version to be used now.

What I do is run the ePub through FlightCrew because it's easier to deal with the error messages. Then when FC is done, I run it through epubcheck 3.0 and fix any errors found there.
version 1.1 is the batchfile - you can use it with any version of epubcheck you choose to download from google.

Regards,

Kim

Last edited by elibrarian; 04-15-2013 at 12:02 PM. Reason: typo
elibrarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 12:17 PM   #28
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post

EPUB check via right click in Sigil is still not working (never launches default browser (FF)nor passes the file if open) in XP.

Calibre Plugins work, so I don't believe this is a system problem.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 12:44 PM   #29
Arios
A curiosus lector!
Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Kobo Touch
Hi guys,

I know my English is bad ... but at this point, really?

Anyway, nice to see you again Kim and your batchfile 1.1.zip is working great with epubcheck-3.0.zip.

Last edited by Arios; 04-15-2013 at 09:47 PM.
Arios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 01:05 PM   #30
meme
Sigil developer
meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, K4 NT, K3, Kobo Touch
The latest version of the Sigil User Guide is now available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
sorry to to be the bearer
Has happened 2 out of 4 times while creating a HTML TOC (replacing an existing, non-Sigil one, if that matters)
XP SP3 2G RAM
I haven't been able to duplicate this on Linux.

Can you generate this error if you create a very simple EPUB with some headings?

Can you PM a link to an EPUB that causes a crash? Or try it on a freely available EPUB.

Is it crashing just after you select the Create HTML TOC option, or later when you try to save, etc.?
meme is offline   Reply With Quote