Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 07-01-2009, 06:46 AM   #1
Lake person
Enthusiast
Lake person began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook, Bebook, Pocketbook 360
Hello

I am new. So hello all. I have a cybook and an ebookman. Last night I attached my cybook to my computer and the diagonal squares appeared and won't leave. The computer doesn't recognize it either. I don't know what to do.
Lake person is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 07:10 AM   #2
mklynds
That guy, no not that guy
mklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with others

Device: PRS600 Red
Hi Lake Person,

Welcome to mobile read. Browse the device area of the forum for help with your device. There are many helpful people here in all the areas of this great forum. I hope you enjoy your time here and feel free to drop by the Lounge for some sillyness to lighten your day.

Sorry that I can't help you with your problem. I am certain that there are many here that are familiar with the cybook and many skilled at problem solving them as well.

Mike
mklynds is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-01-2009, 08:13 AM   #3
kazbates
Wizard
kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SurfacePro, SurfaceBook 2
Welcome to MobileRead, Lake Person!

I am so sorry you are having problems with your reader. We have a dedicated Cybook forum where people post questions and get answers from the many experienced owners who post here. Have you done a search to see if anyone else has had a similar problem? If you haven't, I would start there or post your question in the Cybook forum. I know someone knowledgable will be able to set you on the right path. Our members are very helpful. Good luck.

In the meantime, I'm so glad you decided to join the forum. Once you've taken care of your reader, hang out awhile at MR.
kazbates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 08:22 AM   #4
Lake person
Enthusiast

Thank you for the welcome. If there is any advise just remember I am no expert. Some of the past forums say some things that go way over my head.

Lake
Old 07-01-2009, 08:25 AM   #5
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
I'm unfamiliar with the Cybook also, but while you're waiting for help, it might be a good idea to read some of the troubleshooting threads in the Cybook forum.

Gen3 Troubleshooting
Hardware- and software-related problems, bugs. solutions

I hope it's easily repaired and not expensive to do so but I'll let the experts chime in. You could also start a new thead in that forum and you may get help or information a bit faster.

WetDogEared
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-01-2009, 08:31 AM   #6
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
Hello Lake person, and Click image for larger version

Name:	Sand Welcome.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	7.9 KB
ID:	31482 to Mobileread.
Lady Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 12:31 PM   #7
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Lake person and welcome to MobileRead
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 01:05 PM   #8
columbus
Wizard
columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Prs 650, 505
Welcome to Mobileread Lake person
columbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 06:53 PM   #9
Lake person
Enthusiast

Thank you all for the warm hello's. And thank you for the link to Gen3 troubleshooting. After spending on and off reading most of the problems with the diagonal blocks. I have finally found one that fit sort of mine. My Gen3 doesn't show up on my computer when I connect it. So it makes me believe some kind of glass thing under the plastic front is broken. Either way were leaving for the holiday and I won't be reading my Gen3. Thank you again for the hellos