Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 09-24-2012, 08:29 AM   #16
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by tango7 View Post
siren is Apple or lady friend?
The lady friend is his siren, and Apple is the lady friend's siren.
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 11:23 AM   #17
SeaKing
Frequent Flier
SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KB kindle aboard, Galx Tab 7.0 Plus, trying out Droid 1 as mini-tab
It is always difficult to get things past the wily Asian.

Well done.

I have carefully not told her that the new iPods are out and are 4." Thank goodness she is still holding on to the HTC (something like that) phone her son left her while he is away working on his "failure to communicate."

Last edited by SeaKing; 09-24-2012 at 11:33 AM.
SeaKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-24-2012, 05:04 PM   #18
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaKing View Post
It is always difficult to get things past the wily Asian.
Even more difficult to get anything past the Asian expat We combine the best of several worlds.

Last edited by HansTWN; 09-24-2012 at 05:11 PM.
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 05:28 PM   #19
pl001
Evangelist
pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Color, EVO3D, Surface RT, Galaxy S5, Surface 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaKing View Post
With all respect, I have to disagree. Even a Galaxy Note 5.3" screen isn't big enough really replace a PC. Just too small.

I thought the 7" Galaxy Tab 7Plus or the Lenovo 7" might do it, if you had a add on keyboard and mouse. But I don't think they will do it if you use the device in the normal PC manner. Just too small to be efficient. Sure if you take enough time with it, it will work, but normally I think you need at least 9" or 10".
I myself had a 10.1 net book for a while, but finally I went to a 11.3 or so, and that seems to work a lot better for a PC.
He was talking about something like the Asus Padfone or Motorola Atrix, where you can just dock the phone in a larger setup and work exactly as you would with a larger setup. So you would essentially dock your phone when you get to work, much like many people dock their laptops. Need a tablet? Just buy a dumb tablet monitor and dock your phone to it. Laptop? Same thing. Another advantage...get a new phone and your PC, tablet, and phone are all up to date.

The technology is available today. The hardware isn't quite there yet and Windows 8 isn't either for an OS, but I think we are closer than a lot of people realize. Phones today can provide all the computing power 90% of consumers need. I'd expect to be able to buy a nice modular setup within 5 years. I need a real PC for work, but for personal use about all I use my laptop for anymore is some internet use, basic multimedia management, and banking. All of which my year-old phone could easily handle given the right interface.

Last edited by pl001; 09-24-2012 at 05:31 PM.
pl001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 06:22 PM   #20
frahse
occasional author
frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Wandering God's glorious hills, valleys and plains.
Device: A Franklin BI (before Internet) was the first. I still have it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pl001 View Post
He was talking about something like the Asus Padfone or Motorola Atrix, where you can just dock the phone in a larger setup and work exactly as you would with a larger setup. So you would essentially dock your phone when you get to work, much like many people dock their laptops. Need a tablet? Just buy a dumb tablet monitor and dock your phone to it. Laptop? Same thing. Another advantage...get a new phone and your PC, tablet, and phone are all up to date.

The technology is available today. The hardware isn't quite there yet and Windows 8 isn't either for an OS, but I think we are closer than a lot of people realize. Phones today can provide all the computing power 90% of consumers need. I'd expect to be able to buy a nice modular setup within 5 years. I need a real PC for work, but for personal use about all I use my laptop for anymore is some internet use, basic multimedia management, and banking. All of which my year-old phone could easily handle given the right interface.
Yep, it is obvious that the the computing power is there.

That reminds me that in the new Iron Sky movie, yet to be released,
the mad Nazi scientist on the moon realizes that the phone the captured Astronaut is carrying has the computing power to control the new Nazi giant Dreadnaught.
Then the battery runs out, and they have to send a mission to Earth to find a charger.
It is going to be a great movie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by frahse; 09-24-2012 at 07:10 PM.
frahse is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-24-2012, 09:44 PM   #21
StoryEnthusiast
K. C. Lee
StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by frahse View Post
Then the battery runs out, and they have to send a mission to Earth to find a charger.
Very funny!
StoryEnthusiast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 10:47 PM   #22
hrosvit
Moron
hrosvit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hrosvit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hrosvit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hrosvit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hrosvit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hrosvit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hrosvit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hrosvit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hrosvit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hrosvit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hrosvit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 3, Galaxy Note 2, Nook ST
Quote:
Originally Posted by frahse View Post
Yep, it is obvious that the the computing power is there.

That reminds me that in the new Iron Sky movie, yet to be released,
the mad Nazi scientist on the moon realizes that the phone the captured Astronaut is carrying has the computing power to control the new Nazi giant Dreadnaught.
They can't just buy a replacement battery on eBay and have it shipped to the moon?
hrosvit is offline   Reply With Quote