Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 07-10-2012, 04:02 PM   #46
ScalyFreak
Sith Wannabe
ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 4, Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Fire HD, Aluratek Libre
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
That one, if I had a new kitten, I'd be tempted to buy.
Only if it provides a method to teach them how to flush...
ScalyFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 08:29 PM   #47
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
That one, if I had a new kitten, I'd be tempted to buy.
In our house it's bad enough that the younger, female cat will go running to the bathroom every time the wife goes, and sit there crying and scratching at the door until she is allowed in.

Not sure I could stand her going in there solo, closing the door and sitting there doing HER thing too!
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-10-2012, 08:58 PM   #48
twowheels
Wizard
twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, iPad Pro 10", iPhone 15 Pro
Never by calling the number, but I did try the magic bullet blender, purchased at CostCo. The little tabs would break off, so I replaced it with a similar Ninja blender, which is MUCH better IMO.

That said, I did participate as an audience member once! In a public speech class in college we had to attend a public presentation of some sort. One of my classmates was the "attractive female" part of the duo whose job it is to ask inane questions and pretend to be mightily impressed by the awesome demonstration. The teacher said it'd work for the assignment, so a few of us went to a taping. We were given instructions on how to clap to make it sound "fuller", when to clap, etc... we were also shuffled around a few times during breaks to "make the audience look bigger". Anyhow, it was some sort of in-floor radiant heating, not the typical "buy this overprice plastic gadget and we'll throw in not one, not two, but three 5 cent molded plastic widgets for just $5.99 shipping and handling [each]". Funny thing, though, they did give us a preview of the next product that they were supposed to try to sell... colon wipes. ugh. How do you get an audience to pretend to be excited about that!?!? And who'd want to be seen on camera looking interested in that!?!?
twowheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 12:53 AM   #49
ScalyFreak
Sith Wannabe
ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 4, Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Fire HD, Aluratek Libre
Almost forgot... I bought the Bare Minerals "magical" makeup without seeing it on TV. I saw the infomercial the week after and felt dirtied afterwards.

Still, four years later I'm still using that foundation...
ScalyFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 01:03 PM   #50
sakura-panda
Guru
sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2017 10.5" iPad Pro (Kobo, NOOK, Kindle, Google Play Books & Scribd)
I use Space Bags for storing blankets and winter gear (hats, mitten, scarves). I've been getting them at Target but I think they were As Seen on TV.

We also have the Ronco Rotesserie ("Set it and Forget it") that we bought from QVC because my husband couldn't seem to stop watching the informercial.

My daughter has a Pillow Pet but I think Grandma and Grandpa bought it at Wal-Mart. My family all have snuggies (not me) and those were a gift (hubby, likely from Wal-Mart) and a Kids Woot! deal.

I don't watch commercials so I don't really know what is being sold only on TV. Those are the only ones I can remember offhand. I don't have most of products that have been discussed in the thread!

I almost bought an InStyler after watching it on TV, but I think they are too expensive, even from Target. I bought a different hair straightener from Bed Bath and Beyond and I think that might have been originally a TV product -- a Maxiglide. I bought two "regular" straighteners after that one died and I still liked that one best.

I forgot all about it until just now -- I wonder if they still sell them?
sakura-panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert