Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 06-21-2011, 06:06 AM   #1
sify903
sify903 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.sify903 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.sify903 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.sify903 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.sify903 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.sify903 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.sify903 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.sify903 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.sify903 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.sify903 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.sify903 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903
Question Registration app bug

Hi,

I've recently bought a Pocketbook Pro 903 and are very happy with it.
However, there seem to be a few bugs, starting with the registration app present on the ebook.
The registration form input display's a virtual keyboard that only has characters A to F. My device ID starts with EP301..., making it impossible to register the device using the buildin app. (see screenshot below)
An update to firmware 2.0.6 has not fixed this problem.

Anyone else that has countered this problem?

sify903 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 06:27 AM   #2
Shinra tensei
Connoisseur
Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.

Device: Sony DPT-s1, Pocketbook 903, Onyx M90, iPad 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by sify903 View Post
Hi,

I've recently bought a Pocketbook Pro 903 and are very happy with it.
However, there seem to be a few bugs, starting with the registration app present on the ebook.
The registration form input display's a virtual keyboard that only has characters A to F. My device ID starts with EP301..., making it impossible to register the device using the buildin app. (see screenshot below)
An update to firmware 2.0.6 has not fixed this problem.

Anyone else that has countered this problem?

Sincerely, i dont remember if i had a problem and eventually how i solved it...

Now i take a look...
Shinra tensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-21-2011, 06:40 AM   #3
Shinra tensei
Connoisseur
Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.

Device: Sony DPT-s1, Pocketbook 903, Onyx M90, iPad 4
Well, I tried to register another time and I checked that the virtual keyboard works correctly... so i don't know what happens... I suggest you to update your firmware to the latest versions 2.1.0 or 2.1.1.

(see here https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=119973 for the links)

Another option it would be to change the keyboard from configuration menu... in 2.0.4 firmware version for example there were a bug on Italian keyboard since it didn't show some keys of the last line (shift for example).

Last edited by Shinra tensei; 06-21-2011 at 07:00 AM.
Shinra tensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 07:10 AM   #4
troll05
Harmless idiot
troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB622, Nexus7, Sony PRS 350, Tolino und nur noch wenig toter Baum:(
The number starting with EP... is the serial number of the cevice. You have to enter this on the register page of Bookland, and so generate a registration code,that contains only charakters from A-F and numbers 0-9
troll05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 07:58 AM   #5
jekvb
Connoisseur
jekvb has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: PocketBook Inkpad 3 Pro; Android: PocketBook & ReadEra
Quote:
Originally Posted by troll05 View Post
The number starting with EP... is the serial number of the cevice. You have to enter this on the register page of Bookland, and so generate a registration code,that contains only charakters from A-F and numbers 0-9
This is the correct procedure. I remember doing this 4 weeks ago while registering my new device.
:-)
jekvb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-21-2011, 08:13 AM   #6
sify903
sify903 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.sify903 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.sify903 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.sify903 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.sify903 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.sify903 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.sify903 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.sify903 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.sify903 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.sify903 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.sify903 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by troll05 View Post
WOOPS
You are absolutely correct, I didn't read the instruction correctly. Tried it and works perfectly!

sify903 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
903, bug, pocketbook, registration