Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 11-26-2012, 11:00 AM   #196
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova Air, Galaxy Note 10
Kindle Bargain

My Kind of Christmas by Robyn Carr has dropped to $1.99 on Amazon. This is her most recent Virgin River release.
apesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 01:18 PM   #197
Britomart
Guru
Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Opus, PC
Free from Amazon:

The Memory of You US DE by Laurie Kellogg. This is a repeat freebie, but I missed it the last time around. The author is self-published, but has been recommended highly to me.

Quote:
The day Lieutenant Matthew Foster departed for his so-called 'tour' in Vietnam, he never expected a sudden change in his itinerary would include an extended stay in the horrific Hanoi Hilton. Six years later, he's finally released with the other POWs during Operation Homecoming. Unfortunately, his memories before his capture were erased by the complimentary torture provided by the hotel's concierge. Due to prior facial injuries and the beard concealing his gauntness, he looks nothing like the boyish photo in his military file.

When the Army informs Matt he has a wife and he was mistakenly declared dead, he's sure Abby must have made a new life for herself. He doubts the bitter man he's become can salvage the boy she once cared for, so to be fair to her, he decides to simply write a note to wish her well and leave. But before he does, he can't resist going to Redemption, PA, to catch a glimpse of the woman he'd loved enough to marry.

The irony of the small town's name is totally eclipsed by Matt's dread that he'll discover he's lost something truly worth remembering. That fear becomes reality when he learns Abby is engaged, and he's a daddy! Luckily, his wife doesn't recognize him, so Matt could still walk away from the beautiful stranger who's been starring in his X-rated dreams. However, he could never, ever abandon his sons.

The clock is ticking. Any day, the military will inform Abby he's alive, and her wedding is in only six weeks. It doesn't give Matt much time to discover if he can reclaim the love the war stole from him.
Britomart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 01:55 PM   #198
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

HarperCollins has a bunch of Stephanie Laurens backlist titles on sale for $0.99.
Some are pre-orders. All are "Bonus Material" editions.

Cynsters
#1 - Devil's Bride - BoB
#2 - A Rake's Vow (pre-order 12/11) - Kindle _|_ Nook

Bastion Club
#1 - The Lady Chosen - BoB _|_ Kindle _|_ Nook
#2 - A Gentleman's Honor (pre-order 12/11) - Kindle _|_ Nook
#4 - A Fine Passion (pre-Order 1/22) - Kindle _|_ Nook

Black Cobra
#1 - The Untamed Bride - BoB _|_ Kindle _|_ Nook
#2 - The Elusive Bride (pre-order 12/11) - Kindle _|_ Nook

They've also reduced the Anthology Secrets of a Perfect Night $0.99 which contains Scandalous Lord Dere (which is currently $2.99 as an individual title) as well as novellas by Rachel Gibons and Victoria Alexander. Kindle
Old 11-26-2012, 05:14 PM   #199
auntykatkat
Evangelist
auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook/Nook Color
I found this that we have free books coming up in 2 days time. Here is the link

http://www.freepartay.com/index.htm

Auntykatkat
auntykatkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 05:21 PM   #200
apesmom
Wizard

HarperCollins is discounting Christmas titles to $0.99. Check your favorite stores, they should all drop within the next few days. I'm not a big fan of holiday novels but there's some good ones in here!
  • All I Want (novella) - Lynsay Sands
  • Three French Hens (novella) - Lynsay Sands
  • All the Pleasures of the Season (novella) - Lecia Cornwall
  • An Affair Before Christmas [Desparate Duchesses #2] - Eloisa James
  • Any Given Christmas [Sugar Shack #2] - Candis Terry
  • A Seduction at Christmas [Scandals and Seductions #1] - Cathy Maxwell
  • His Christmas Pleasure [Scandals and Seductions #4] - Cathy Maxwell
  • A Very Vampy Christmas (novella) [Love at Stake #2.5] - Kerrelyn Sparks
  • A Visit from Sir Nicholas [Effingtons #9] - Victoria Alexander
  • Let it be Love [Effingtons #11] - Victoria Alexander
  • Deck the Halls with Love (novella) [Lost Lords of Pembrook #2.5?] - Lorraine Heath
  • Five Golden Rings (anthology) - Sophie Barnes, Karen Erickson, et.al.
  • Holly Lane [Destiny, OH #4] - Toni Blake
  • Secrets of a Perfect Night (anthology) - Stephanie Laurens, Victoria Alexander, Rachel Gibson
  • The Bite Before Christmas (anthology) - Lynsay Sands, Jeaniene Frost
  • The First Love Cookie Club [Twilight, TX #3] - Lori Wilde

A few more for $1.99
  • All I want for Christmas is a Vampire [Love at Stake #5] - Kerrelyn Sparks
  • Holidays are Hell (anthology) - Kim Harrison, Lynsay Sands, Marjorie Liu, Vicki Pettersson
  • Holidays at Crescent Cove (novella) - Shelley Noble
  • The Present [Malory #6] - Johanna Lindsey
Old 11-26-2012, 05:33 PM   #201
apesmom
Wizard

A few more newly discounted HarperCollins.

$1.99
  • Wanted: Undead or Alive [Love at Stake #12] - Kerrelyn Sparks

$2.99
  • And the Bride Wore Plaid [Talisman Ring #4] - Karen Hawkins
  • The Gathering (YA) [Darkness Rising #1] - Kelley Armstrong
  • Unearthly (YA) [Unearthly #1] - Cynthia Hand
Old 11-26-2012, 06:01 PM   #202
auntykatkat
Evangelist
auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Free at Amazon and B&N Christmas at Harrington's by Melody Carlson.

Sometimes the best gift is a second chance

Christmas is approaching, and Lena Markham finds herself penniless, friendless, and nearly hopeless. She is trying to restart her life, but job opportunities are practically nonexistent. When a secondhand red coat unexpectedly lands her a job as Mrs. Santa at a department store, Lena finally thinks her luck is changing. But can she keep her past a secret?

http://www.amazon.com/Christmas-at-H.../dp/B004071VLG

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/chri...=9781441213587

Auntykatkat
Old 11-26-2012, 09:20 PM   #203
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by apesmom View Post
I'm not a big fan of holiday novels but there's some good ones in here!
I love holiday novels! There's nothing like one that leaves you with that Warm Fuzzy Feeling. Last year I read The Christmas Cradle by Linda Warren. That books has stuck with me all year. For a Harlequin it just blew me away. I also read several Harlequin Treasury titles that were Christmas theme that were cute.

This year I am looking for more. I just got in the mail Heaven Sent by Judi McCoy so that will start off my Xmas reading. I'm still looking for more got a few titles line up and Anthologies. It's the only time of the year that I read Anthologies. I love Christmas romances that have Kids in it for obvious reasons.

We have no cable this year! So my usual Christmas movies watching fix will have to be filled with books. Good thing Netflix has Holiday in Handcuffs on it. I love that movie would love to find a book with a similar plot.

Last edited by Blossom; 11-26-2012 at 09:24 PM.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 01:10 AM   #204
bookratt
Wizard
bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS505 & PRS600, iPad, Pandigital Novel, iPad 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Britomart View Post
Free from Amazon:

The Memory of You US DE by Laurie Kellogg. This is a repeat freebie, but I missed it the last time around. The author is self-published, but has been recommended highly to me.
Thanks for this, I missed it when it was posted before. I like her other books I've read.
bookratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 11:18 AM   #205
auntykatkat
Evangelist

Found this at B&N : At Every Turn by Anne Mateer

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/at-e...=9781441260406

Overview
She's off to the races!

Caught up in a whirlwind of religious enthusiasm, Alyce Benson impetuously pledges three thousand dollars to mission work in Africa. Now she just has to find a way to get the money.

Alyce harbors a secret passion for speed and automobiles, and she's spent many an afternoon driving around the rustic track in the field behind her home. When she discovers that her father's company has sponsored a racing car that will compete in several upcoming events--races in which the driver will be paid and could win as much as five thousand dollars in prize money--she conspires with her father's mechanic, Webster, to train and compete.

But when her friends cast aspersions on Webster's past, she realizes she may have trusted the wrong person with her secret. Will Alyce come up with the money in time, or will she have to choose between her hasty promise and the man who holds a piece of her heart?

Auntykatkat
Old 11-28-2012, 11:25 AM   #206
BelleZora
Wizard
BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kobo Libra 2
Free at Amazon: Fierce Eden by Jennifer Blake. First published by Ballantine Books, 1985.

http://www.amazon.com/Fierce-Louisia...ds=fierce+eden
BelleZora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:05 PM   #207
Britomart
Guru
Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Opus, PC
Free at Amazon:

Save Me, Santa US DE, a collection of short stories by Nina Bruhns, Rita Herron, Ann Charles, Patricia Mason, & Lois Lavrisa.

Quote:
Must Love Santa by Nina Bruhns

When a hot Santa who is really an undercover cop has a run-in with a sexy dog sitter unwittingly involved in his investigation, sparks fly. If only their two mischievous dogs...and the bad guys...weren't getting in the way.

The Old Man's Back in Town by Ann Charles

In the lonely mining ghost town of Goldwash, Nevada, Christmas has come early. Unfortunately, the local bar owner must be on this year's naughty list, because Santa brought her something even worse than a piece of coal--her old man. The Old Man's Back in Town is a sizzling romantic suspense mixed with a puzzling mystery that will leave you hungry for more.

I Love Lucy by Rita Herron

All Lucy Lane wants for Christmas is to spend it with her family -- and the man she loves. Instead, she's on the run from a stalker! Don't miss this sequel to SLEEPLESS IN SAVANNAH, the #1 Women's Fiction Kindle Bestseller.

Christmas Corpse Caper by Lois Lavrisa

Stuck at work on Christmas Eve, Mark Stevens plans to make the best of it. He may even wrangle a date with a co-worker he's loved since fifth grade. But his plan quickly goes awry when the night turns creepy with strange noises and a broken vase. And when a corpse vanishes, the question becomes whether he'll make it through the night without losing his sanity...or his life. A mysterious and fun prequel to the Amazon Kindle Bestseller Liquid Lies.

A Very Shitake Christmas by Patricia Mason

In this sequel to the Amazon Kindle Bestselling Romantic Suspense, In Deep Shitake, two factors conspire to ruin a sexy private eye's holiday: her boyfriend's obnoxious father, and a mad bomber out for revenge. Enjoy the laugh-out-loud humor crossed with nail-biting suspense.
Dirty Little Christmas US DE by Julie Leto.

Quote:
Sex, lies and mistletoe...who knew they could be a deadly combination?

--A street-wise sister schemes a holiday surprise
--The unexpected kidnapping of a pregnant woman waylays her plans
--Can her super-sexy ex-lover help her pull of a thrilling Christmas miracle?
Britomart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:38 PM   #208
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by auntykatkat View Post
Found this at B&N : At Every Turn by Anne Mateer

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/at-e...=9781441260406
Also at Amazon...
http://www.amazon.com/At-Every-Turn-...=At+Every+Turn
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:50 PM   #209
auntykatkat
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntykatkat View Post
I found this that we have free books coming up in 2 days time. Here is the link

http://www.freepartay.com/index.htm

Auntykatkat
Just a reminder that today and tomorrow all these books are free. And most have a Christmas theme as well.

Ho, Ho, Ho
Old 11-28-2012, 03:42 PM   #210
Piper_
~~~~~
Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Sony 350
No historical romance at freepartay? Or do they lump in with the "all" group?

I'd keep digging, but barely conscious here.
Piper_ is offline   Reply With Quote