Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 02-09-2009, 06:02 PM   #16
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
My avatars reflect my moods. Except for when my *other* personality is in command.

Hugo and Lefty are talking, intelligent socks. I thought that was obvious?
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 06:29 PM   #17
Justy
Fanatic
Justy has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud of

Device: Nexus 7, Sony Xperia z3 tablet, Kobo Glo, Boyue T63
Hi Keith, Welcome to MobileRead and the Lounge!!! I don't use my own picture because unlike you, I don't look good in pictures. So I created a reasonable facsimile of what I might look like and use that.
Justy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-09-2009, 11:02 PM   #18
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood View Post
Some members do use a photograph that they "claim" is their photograph. Others have drawings that look a lot like them. For example, Alex, Bob Russell, Patricia, and Zelda look exactly like the drawings in their avatars. Some say that my avatar is a good representation of the inside of my brain.
How sweet. No one has ever told me that I look like a Michelangelo before.

I don't use my own picture because I'm very shy about being photographed.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 11:29 PM   #19
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Red face

My avatar is the alter ego I wish I had! I'm really far too boring and staid.

So I get to pretend I'm a life-of-the-party-girl with my avatar.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 04:53 AM   #20
YGG-
Dry fruit
YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Bookeen Opus + HTC Desire HD
Now DesertGrandma...

Now DesertGrandma, we need a poll on "why do you use an avatar rather than your own photograph", don't we?
(I voted "I love them" in the other thread )
(by the way I do look like this before breakfast)

Last edited by YGG-; 02-16-2009 at 08:55 AM. Reason: typo
YGG- is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-10-2009, 05:51 AM   #21
ravenne
Wizard
ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, PocketBook 360°, Cybook Gen3, iPad mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
This is what you look like after a while in the llounge...
Have I ever told you guys that I thought pshrynk was a woman when I started to read posts on MR. I remember it was in long, dark october (I was just lurking, not posting, of course), and he had this doggie-avatar. I´m glad I checked his profile, otherwise his current avatar would probably look like, well, see below:

Quote:
Originally Posted by YGG- View Post
Now DesertGrandma, we need a poll on "why do you use an avatar rather than you own photograph", don't we?
(I voted "I love them" in the other thread )
(by the way I do look like this before breakfast)
Yes!!!! DG, do it, DG, do it, do it!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	pshrynk_nurse.jpg
Views:	208
Size:	51.5 KB
ID:	23061  
ravenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 09:07 AM   #22
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
What's wrong with my avatar! I look horrible in pictures, but at least one in my household is photogenic...
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 09:10 AM   #23
rlparker
Ars longa
rlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankind

Device: Kindle K1, K3 wifi
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcarscadden View Post
So why doesn't anyone use their own picture as their avatar?...
Hi Keith. That's me, man! Or should I say "me and my shadow". Anyway, yes, you look fabulous
rlparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 09:11 AM   #24
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenne View Post
Have I ever told you guys that I thought pshrynk was a woman when I started to read posts on MR. I remember it was in long, dark october (I was just lurking, not posting, of course), and he had this doggie-avatar. I´m glad I checked his profile, otherwise his current avatar would probably look like, well, see below:

Yes!!!! DG, do it, DG, do it, do it!!
It would look like what?
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 10:25 AM   #25
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
It would look like what?
Hey, you're pretty hot, cutie! Take me for a ride on your llama?
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 06:46 PM   #26
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
Originally Posted by FizzyWater View Post
My avatar is the alter ego I wish I had! I'm really far too boring and staid.

So I get to pretend I'm a life-of-the-party-girl with my avatar.
Bingo! There's even a country song "I'm so much cooler online". So, online here, I'm fierce, brave and leather-wearing.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 07:51 AM   #27
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
Bingo! There's even a country song "I'm so much cooler online". So, online here, I'm fierce, brave and leather-wearing.
...and dead-sexy.

That's not me in my avatar - that's Adrian, who's a real person...err, gibbon...who may or may not be real...or who may be me...that is to say, my avatar is me...in a mask, with a beanie on, with a propeller on top. I like caramel.

Cheers,
Marc (I think)
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 08:44 AM   #28
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcarscadden View Post
So why doesn't anyone use their own picture as their avatar?

I suppose most people are not as photogenic as I am?

Keith
Sorry, you got there first ...
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 09:41 AM   #29
Laine
Addict
Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura H2O, Voyage
An avatar can say more about you than your photo can.
My photo would show that it's a long time since I was born.
My avatar shows one of my passions - Pteropus poliocephalus. There are better pictures available but I took this one myself.

Laine
Laine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 05:49 PM   #30
Fledchen
Guru
Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.

Device: PB360+, Sony950, VR Stream, iPod Touch, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laine View Post
An avatar can say more about you than your photo can.
My photo would show that it's a long time since I was born.
My avatar shows one of my passions - Pteropus poliocephalus. There are better pictures available but I took this one myself.

Laine
Hooray for megachiropters!
Fledchen is offline   Reply With Quote