Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-22-2007, 03:00 PM   #1
mlh496
mlh496 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
Converting math PDFs for Sony Reader

Hey everyone,

I read tons of technical PDFs. Most of them have lots of equations and graphs. I've read many recommendations on how to convert PDFs to RTF or other formats to make them more readable on the Sony Reader. I've tried many of them, but they make a mess of technical articles.

Is there anyway to reformat technical PDFs and increase the font size so I can read them on the Reader? This is why I bought the Reader, so I am terribly disappointed with the lack of reformatting options in the Connect software. [Not to mention all my colleagues were going to buy a Reader until they saw how poorly it displayed technical articles.]

Any help would be greatly appreciated,
-Michael
mlh496 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 03:50 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Look at one of the PDF rasterizers, for e.g. PDFRasterfarian
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-22-2007, 04:51 PM   #3
mlh496
mlh496 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
Where can I download PDFRasterfarian?

Where can I download PDFRasterfarian? I did a search and I see where some people have posted tar files on message boards, but I can't find the official site.

Thanks for the tip, btw.
-Michael
mlh496 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 05:43 PM   #4
Azayzel
Cache Ninja!
Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500, HTC Shift, iPod Touch, iPaq 4150, TC1100, Panasonic WordsGear
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh496
Where can I download PDFRasterfarian? I did a search and I see where some people have posted tar files on message boards, but I can't find the official site.

Thanks for the tip, btw.
-Michael
Alex_D has it posted under Reader -> Developer Corner and under the Sticky Reader -> Reader Content -> Tools/Utilities (something to that effect). He's pretty active on the board, I probably just beat him to the post. I think one of the main reasons he developed this was to display scientific notation types of articles, esp. with graphics, etc. Easy utility to use and if you have questions, you'll find lots of help!

Have fun!
Azayzel is offline   Reply With Quote