Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 06-14-2010, 07:53 PM   #31
Dellaster
本の虫
Dellaster has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Dellaster has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Dellaster has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Dellaster has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle3, DXG, Fire · iPad, iPod
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_J_Lath View Post
I'm hearing more and more positive responses about e-readers all the time; for an e-author, it's very heartening to hear. Do not have a reader myself at the moment, but am planning on it - my print library is HUGE, and frankly, I need the space.
One thing to consider is that each new paper book bought now is potentially one that you'll need to repurchase later in ebook form. For heavy readers who will wish to have their library at their fingertips, the switch to ebooks is better done sooner rather than later.
Dellaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 10:36 PM   #32
BenLee
eReader Junkie
BenLee can extract oil from cheeseBenLee can extract oil from cheeseBenLee can extract oil from cheeseBenLee can extract oil from cheeseBenLee can extract oil from cheeseBenLee can extract oil from cheeseBenLee can extract oil from cheeseBenLee can extract oil from cheeseBenLee can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle + Sony
I gotta say, I'm on the same ship with everyone here.

Totally don't miss paper books at all, especially when I like to carry 5-6 at any given time.

On a side note, this discussion is eerily similar to one's I've heard about people who go from regular cigarettes to e-cigarettes. They feel spoiled because the health risks go away and never want to go back! :P
BenLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-15-2010, 04:48 AM   #33
A_J_Lath
Zealot
A_J_Lath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.A_J_Lath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.A_J_Lath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.A_J_Lath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.A_J_Lath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.A_J_Lath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.A_J_Lath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.A_J_Lath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.A_J_Lath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.A_J_Lath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.A_J_Lath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Computer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dellaster View Post
One thing to consider is that each new paper book bought now is potentially one that you'll need to repurchase later in ebook form. For heavy readers who will wish to have their library at their fingertips, the switch to ebooks is better done sooner rather than later.
Lol - yeah, well aware of this. Thankfully, my library contains a lot of classics, many of which - as far as I'm aware - are available free.
A_J_Lath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 04:51 AM   #34
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_J_Lath View Post
Lol - yeah, well aware of this. Thankfully, my library contains a lot of classics, many of which - as far as I'm aware - are available free.

to be fair if you still wanted to pay, you can ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 04:52 AM   #35
A_J_Lath
Zealot
A_J_Lath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.A_J_Lath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.A_J_Lath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.A_J_Lath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.A_J_Lath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.A_J_Lath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.A_J_Lath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.A_J_Lath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.A_J_Lath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.A_J_Lath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.A_J_Lath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Computer
^^Maybe they'll do a coupon deal.
A_J_Lath is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-15-2010, 10:08 PM   #36
boswd
Banned
boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Nook, Nook color and Droid X
Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Strnad View Post
I've just had my e-reader for a week, so there may be a novelty factor at work, but dang, this is easier than reading a print book! I feel spoiled already!

I did not expect to enjoy this as much as I do. L Like you I feel , totally spoiled. I am still an old fashioned book lover, that will never change.
Nothing will ever beat a really nice hard cover in the den with a glass of scotch or coffee.

but I have to tell you I did convert, I love this thing. Makes reading on the train, in bed out on the go simply fantastic. Being able to buy my daily newspaper no matter where I am is great.

Did not think I would like, but I love it.
boswd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 10:32 PM   #37
HamsterRage
Evangelist
HamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notes

Device: Kobo
I ran out and bought my Kobo the first day they were available. Why? Because i was going on a trip to Europe and I didn't want to take 5 or 6 paperbacks with me. Paperbacks that I would probably have to dump on the way back as my wife tends to bring stuff back and room/weight in the luggage coming back is always at a premium.

Hey! Try reading a paperback while you're eating. Always a PIA.
HamsterRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 01:19 PM   #38
Mickey330
Addict
Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis & the Kindle app on iDevices
Quote:
Originally Posted by HamsterRage View Post
Hey! Try reading a paperback while you're eating. Always a PIA.
Absolutely, HamsterRage!

As a single person, I always take a book with me when I go out to dinner. Having a one-button-push page turn process makes it so much easier! Plus, I have a little easel I can prop my ereader on...

Of course, have to be a little careful (pizza sauce is harder to clean off an ereader than a paperback ). But, overall, so much more convenient!

Marilyn
Mickey330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 12:59 AM   #39
J. Strnad
Guru
J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo, Kindle 3, Paperwhite
I ate lunch today while reading my Kobo, and it was great! I noticed a guy with a hardback stealing looks at me, but I didn't want to stop reading long enough to launch into a discussion about ereaders. I should probably be more evangelical about ereading but my selfishness won out today.
J. Strnad is offline   Reply With Quote