Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-08-2013, 09:14 AM   #781
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepk View Post
I don't know what's wrong with the explorer extension.
Nothing. Just tested it. Works fine.

Corrupted download probably.

Here's a good one.
Attached Files
File Type: zip explorer_v1.5.zip (185.2 KB, 259 views)
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 06:29 PM   #782
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
KUAL Project Support

Enough with the humor, back to work.

How to keep track of maintenance items on the KUAL Wiki:
http://wiki.knetconnect.com/twiki/bi...ActionTracking

As I mentioned to TwoBob, in the future when I invent a Wiki feature, I will stick to ones easier to describe.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-08-2013, 06:47 PM   #783
Jwing
Enthusiast
Jwing can load mercury with a pitchforkJwing can load mercury with a pitchforkJwing can load mercury with a pitchforkJwing can load mercury with a pitchforkJwing can load mercury with a pitchforkJwing can load mercury with a pitchforkJwing can load mercury with a pitchforkJwing can load mercury with a pitchforkJwing can load mercury with a pitchforkJwing can load mercury with a pitchforkJwing can load mercury with a pitchfork

Device: Kindle PW
stepk and twobob!! It's perfect now.

Great explanation. Next time, I'll try to fix on my own.
Jwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 04:06 PM   #784
stepk
Groupie
stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K5 B011 5.3.2.1
How did I get here ??

Take a look at the attached screenshot! Why am I showing it?
One, because it's .
Two, because I have absolutely no idea how I got there.
Three, because it shows that a horizontal button layout isn't impossible, see [REQ]
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=768 and #770.

I was testing some changes - unrelated to UI layout - and all of a sudden KUAL changed the button layout like that. All buttons were perfectly functional. But it didn't last. And I don't know how to do it again.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-12.png
Views:	606
Size:	48.4 KB
ID:	105645  
stepk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 02:01 PM   #785
The Grim Reaper
The Grim Reaper is no e-book dilettante.The Grim Reaper is no e-book dilettante.The Grim Reaper is no e-book dilettante.The Grim Reaper is no e-book dilettante.The Grim Reaper is no e-book dilettante.The Grim Reaper is no e-book dilettante.The Grim Reaper is no e-book dilettante.The Grim Reaper is no e-book dilettante.The Grim Reaper is no e-book dilettante.The Grim Reaper is no e-book dilettante.The Grim Reaper is no e-book dilettante.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Hello guys,

i am new here on this forum and i need your help installing KUAL, furthermore installing the different gadgets.

Everything worked fine and i rooted and installed all things like the description told me to do.

Now i can start KUAL without problems but i don´t really know where i have to put the extensions to?

If i go through the windows explorer on my device there is only a directory called

/developer/KUAL

Do i have to create here the folder extensions?

Back to my Kindle it shows

/KUAL

No extensions found
Save and reset KUAL log
Quit

I am willing to learn
The Grim Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-10-2013, 04:42 PM   #786
stepk
Groupie
stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K5 B011 5.3.2.1
Hello reaper, welcome to the forum.
Create folder /mnt/us/extensions - this will be the home for all your extensions. If you connect your kindle via USB then create folder "extensions" (all lower-case letters, no quotes) in the root of your USB-mounted kindle.
If you can run KUAL then KUAL warns you when it can't find the extension folder. KUAL displays
Code:
KUAL • 1
  • No extensions found
  Save and reset KUAL log
  ×Quit
where the indented items show up when you select and press the "KUAL • 1" button in KUAL. If you then click the "• No extensions found" button KUAL displays "help @ http://bit.ly/UW3v8V" - the bit.ly link points to this very thread.

OK. After you have managed to create the extensions folder find some extensions you like and that are compatible with your kindle model.
Follow the links in the first post to find some extensions.
Got the extensions?
Each extension is an archive file. Unpack it in a folder under /mnt/us/extensions a.k.a. folder "extensions" (all lower-case letters, no quotes) in the root of your USB-mounted kindle.
Start KUAL (again).

Last edited by stepk; 05-18-2013 at 02:50 AM.
stepk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 06:07 PM   #787
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@The Grim Reaper

That information is in the section labelled.

"Support: <-- Like read this... At least once"

and yes I'm having a bad day... month...

Last edited by twobob; 05-10-2013 at 06:19 PM.
Old 05-10-2013, 06:58 PM   #788
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
@The Grim Reaper

That information is in the section labelled.

"Support: <-- Like read this... At least once"

and yes I'm having a bad day... month...
OK - going to enhance the KUAL support wiki with that one thing I always wanted to do - - -

Make downloaders get approval by taking and passing a short test, the answers to which are simple, if they read the directions first.

OR - at least template a "RTFM" button for the forum.
Old 05-11-2013, 08:56 PM   #789
hornpipe2
hornpipe2 has never been to obedience school.hornpipe2 has never been to obedience school.hornpipe2 has never been to obedience school.hornpipe2 has never been to obedience school.hornpipe2 has never been to obedience school.hornpipe2 has never been to obedience school.hornpipe2 has never been to obedience school.hornpipe2 has never been to obedience school.hornpipe2 has never been to obedience school.hornpipe2 has never been to obedience school.hornpipe2 has never been to obedience school.

Device: Amazon Kindle
So uh... let me make sure I understand this right. I can take pretty much any C app, compile it for Kindle / ARM, then put together a config file, pack it up, and deploy it as an "extension" - manageable by USB?

THAT'S AWESOME. I hated cluttering up my device with items installed all over the place, having them live in the user-storage area is a great improvement.

I'm not clear on the purpose of the Kindlet Jailbreak. Does this allow Kindlets to "reach" outside the /mnt/developer/us sandbox? If so, kif and mangle and Endless Sudoku and KNotepad and several other Kindlets could really benefit from this.
hornpipe2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 09:02 PM   #790
twobob

first part: yes that's pretty much it.

second part: yes that is also pretty much it.

You got it.
Old 05-11-2013, 09:06 PM   #791
hornpipe2
hornpipe2 has never been to obedience school.hornpipe2 has never been to obedience school.hornpipe2 has never been to obedience school.hornpipe2 has never been to obedience school.hornpipe2 has never been to obedience school.hornpipe2 has never been to obedience school.hornpipe2 has never been to obedience school.hornpipe2 has never been to obedience school.hornpipe2 has never been to obedience school.hornpipe2 has never been to obedience school.hornpipe2 has never been to obedience school.

Device: Amazon Kindle
I guess my only other question is, where to find a working cross-compiler? NETHACK ON THE KINDLE OMFGGGGGGGGGG
hornpipe2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 09:07 PM   #792
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by hornpipe2 View Post
So uh... let me make sure I understand this right. I can take pretty much any C app, compile it for Kindle / ARM, then put together a config file, pack it up, and deploy it as an "extension" - manageable by USB?

THAT'S AWESOME. I hated cluttering up my device with items installed all over the place, having them live in the user-storage area is a great improvement.

I'm not clear on the purpose of the Kindlet Jailbreak. Does this allow Kindlets to "reach" outside the /mnt/developer/us sandbox? If so, kif and mangle and Endless Sudoku and KNotepad and several other Kindlets could really benefit from this.
A rather general question.
So a rather general answer: Yes.

For compiled applications, you will probably want to make them a part of the */extensions/system part of the tree.

There is a git repo for that work -
https://bitbucket.org/twobob/kual-system
Old 05-11-2013, 10:53 PM   #793
twobob

Quote:
Thanks for the screenshots. I took some on my own, so I can show you and others how to go about this kind of issue. First of all, when KUAL displays a black disc in its sub-menu title and/or in the breadcrumb line that's a sign of attention. With reference to the screenshots below, I placed just the backdoorlock folder in /mnt/us/extensions and started KUAL, and got a black eye, I mean, disc (shot #1).
Click the KUAL sub-menu and get further details. Click the syntax button (#2) and see message "More info in KUAL.log" (#3).
Now, this message should appear in the breadcrumb line (screen top) but instead it appears in the status line (screen bottom) where it's less visible. It's a bug, I will fix it and place the message back in the breadcrumb line.
You want to see the log file, so click "Save and reset KUAL log" (#4) then quit KUAL and scroll to the document named KUAL-20yy-mm-etc. and open it. Mine's shown in #5.
This is where it can get too technical for some people, but bear with me. That message means something's wrong with file /mnt/us/extensions/menu.json. You need to fix that file. (The actual file path will change depending on the contents of your extensions folder.) Open the file in your favorite editor, and find the spot where KUAL thinks there's an error. In this example KUAL's saying the it was expecting a value (like a string or a number) but found a closed square bracket instead. It also shows you where that happened, in this case the offending square bracket follows "bin/move.sh" } , Mmm... that dangling comma doesn't look right. Delete it (the comma), save menu.json and restart KAUL.
Now the extension shows up! (#6)
Now linked from top post.
Old 05-11-2013, 10:54 PM   #794
twobob

http://fuse-emulator.sourceforge.net/

You know it makes sense
Old 05-12-2013, 03:56 AM   #795
The Grim Reaper
The Grim Reaper is no e-book dilettante.The Grim Reaper is no e-book dilettante.The Grim Reaper is no e-book dilettante.The Grim Reaper is no e-book dilettante.The Grim Reaper is no e-book dilettante.The Grim Reaper is no e-book dilettante.The Grim Reaper is no e-book dilettante.The Grim Reaper is no e-book dilettante.The Grim Reaper is no e-book dilettante.The Grim Reaper is no e-book dilettante.The Grim Reaper is no e-book dilettante.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Hello reaper, welcome to the forum.
Create folder /mnt/us/extensions - this will be the home for all your extensions.
If you can run KUAL then KUAL should have created /mnt/us/extensions for you.
Now grab some extensions you like and that are compatible with the Paperwhite.
Follow the links in the first post to find some extensions.
Got the extensions?
Each extension is an archive file. Unpack it in a folder under /mnt/us/extensions.
Start KUAL.
KI think i am one step in front of the solution.... Kual starts but it can´t find any extensions..

Well, to be clear..
The RIGHT folder to create is..

F:Kindle/mnt/us/extensions?
The Grim Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle touch, kindle touch hacks, kindlet, kual, launcher, launcher add-ons, paperwhite, sqlite, unified