Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 11-01-2010, 06:54 PM   #1
jrlewis
SF/F Author
jrlewis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jrlewis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jrlewis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jrlewis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jrlewis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jrlewis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jrlewis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jrlewis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jrlewis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jrlewis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jrlewis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Adobe Digital Editions
Heirs of Mars - a science fiction novel of sacrifice and revenge

Heirs of Mars
by Joseph Robert Lewis

The dream that was Mars has become a nightmare for the children born there.

To save New Troy from falling birth rates, Asher Radescu secretly clones people in the back of his old truck. To save New Troy from despair, Claudia Cruz hosts the most popular racing show on two worlds. And to save the city from destruction, they’ll rally persecuted cloners, resurrected colonists, and racing celebrities to fight homicidal AIs.

HEIRS OF MARS follows the lives of six men and women through the final days of the first war on Mars, a war between humans, machines, and the resurrected souls who aren’t truly one or the other.

But even if they survive the war, there is no escape from the red planet.

Read the release announcement.

Available on: Amazon.com | Amazon.co.uk | Smashwords | Barnes & Noble

Thanks!

Joe
-------------------------------------
http://www.josephrobertlewis.com/

Last edited by jrlewis; 06-24-2011 at 12:05 AM. Reason: Added new sites to purchase the book
jrlewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 08:19 PM   #2
simonroyle
Addict
simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
I picked this up yesterday evening. Dam thing kept me up all night

Great read, nice job Joe!
simonroyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 08:57 AM   #3
simonroyle
Addict
simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrlewis View Post

Just send me an email at josephrobertlewis (a) gmail.com and I will send you the PDF review copy of Heirs of Mars.

Thanks!

UPDATE: Heirs of Mars is in the queue to be published on Barnes & Noble in the next few hours/days.
Most of the members here at MR will read on ereader device. If you send out pdf, best to format in 5" X 6" (I think maybe other members know the exact dimensions).
simonroyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 08:00 PM   #4
jaxx6166
Wizard
jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 350, iPad, PW
This sounds fun. I'll put you on my pile when I get around to finishing the other million books that I have there now

Nice cover. Welcome to MR
jaxx6166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 05:17 PM   #5
jrlewis
SF/F Author
jrlewis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jrlewis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jrlewis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jrlewis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jrlewis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jrlewis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jrlewis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jrlewis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jrlewis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jrlewis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jrlewis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Smile Heirs of Mars: November Ebook Giveaway!

Hello readers,

This week (November 15 through 19) you can get the Heirs of Mars ebook for free on Smashwords in the format of your choice (epub, mobi, pdf, etc.). Just use the coupon code QG52Z to "purchase" the novel at no cost. Go grab it now before the coupon code expires.

Go-go-go!

Tell your friends and neighbors. The more, the merrier!

Is this a ploy to get you to read my book? Yes! (I say in the spirit of full disclosure)

Do I want something from you in return? Yes! (I say as humbly as possible with big, adorable puppy dog eyes)

I'd like your reviews, good or bad, short or long. Readers are encouraged to post reviews of Heirs of Mars on any or all of the following sites (feel free to copy and paste):

Want to know more?

So for some science fiction adventure on the red planet with plenty of head trips, a few blurred lines between humanity and hardware, and just a bit of automotive mayhem, head over to Smashwords and use the coupon code QG52Z to download your free copy of Heirs of Mars today.

Happy reading! (and reviewing!)

------------------------------------------------
Joseph Robert Lewis
http://josephrobertlewis.wordpress.com/

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 11-26-2011 at 05:06 PM.
Old 11-15-2010, 07:12 PM   #6
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paper white
Thank you...
lene1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 10:55 PM   #7
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...
Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650. Kobo Touch, Kindle Fire
Price is right, and the subject is right up my alley. Got it, thanks!
Donnageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 05:00 PM   #8
switchman2210
Enthusiast
switchman2210 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.switchman2210 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.switchman2210 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.switchman2210 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.switchman2210 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Black PRS-650 with lighted cover & Kindle DX.
Thank You.

I will leave reviews on Amazon after I finish it.
switchman2210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 02:48 PM   #9
Tricorp
Enthusiast
Tricorp writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Tricorp writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Tricorp writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Tricorp writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Tricorp writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Tricorp writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Tricorp writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Tricorp writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Tricorp writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Tricorp writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Tricorp writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: Kindle
Looks interesting, I really like the fact you have short stories available that help build the world you are creating.
Tricorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 08:54 AM   #10
jrlewis
SF/F Author

Thumbs up New review on MotherLode

Heirs of Mars has been reviewed on MotherLode:

"...a good read for anyone who likes speculative science fiction, and for anyone who thinks about the future of machines and clones, and what it will mean for the human race. 4 /5 stars"

Read the whole review here: MotherLode review of Heirs of Mars

Old 12-05-2010, 08:13 AM   #11
jrlewis
SF/F Author

Free SF novel for reviewers - Heirs of Mars

Hello readers,

Heirs of Mars is already receiving some great reviews from readers:
But more reviews are always welcome on all of these sites:
To receive a free copy of Heirs of Mars, simply email the author (me!) at josephrobertlewis at gmail dot com to confirm that you will post a review of the novel on one or more of the sites above and you will receive the coupon code to download the book for free in all formats from Smashwords.

Thanks!
Old 12-14-2010, 10:55 PM   #12
jrlewis
SF/F Author

Recent praise for Heirs of Mars

Hello readers,

I'm pleased to say Heirs of Mars has been getting some very positive and very thoughtful reviews.
"It's a brilliant book, a compelling story, well-told...Damn near perfect."
-- Marian A.
"A fantastic book, and I have no hesitations in recommending it...Heirs of Mars is a very interesting book. The characters are all engaging and very human (even the not technically human ones). There were no "heroes" and few "villains." Everyone was grey, with lots of darkness in them; I think grounding the book in such life-like characters helped bring alive the setting. The setting is where the book excelled. Joseph Robert Lewis has clearly put a lot of thought into what life on Mars would truly be like - from depressed kids to falling birth rates, from being paid in food credits or bandwidth, to the effect clones would have on a population. His descriptions of the Mars colony are so realistic he might almost have been there. On description alone, Heirs deserved a 5 star rating. "
-- Chris K.
"A good read for anyone who likes speculative science fiction...Joseph Robert Lewis has written a compelling book that follows the lives of 6 sentient beings during the days leading up to the end of the war. Each chapter tells a piece of the adventure from one of those beings' reference points. The chapters are clearly marked, and I found this to be a very effective way to give us a more complete picture of what was going on in the minds of the humans, clones and machines involved in this war. The premise of the story was really intriguing, and brought up some interesting concepts; cloning people minutes before they die to save their knowledge, machines that seem almost human and yet they're not, Mars being a viable habitat for people when Earth is not enough. With the changing viewpoints and the engaging concept, this was an easy book to get into. "
-- Grace K.
"The action moves swiftly and because it is described from the different POV gives an interesting perspective on how each of the three "types" of characters are discriminated against or believe that they are wronged. Characters are divided into three types; Humans, clones and Mechs. Each of these groups has their heroes and villains. The book deals with complex subjects but, maybe because of the action, they flow well and are easily understandable. Kept me thinking about the story after I had finished it. Hope there's a sequel it was a good read. "
-- Simon R.
The book is still available everywhere for $0.99 for the rest of December, after which it will return to its regular price.

Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Smashwords | Goodreads

Thanks to all my readers!
Old 12-18-2010, 12:48 AM   #13
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...
Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650. Kobo Touch, Kindle Fire
Enjoyed the short stories and novel very much, jrlewis! I left a short review on Smashwords.

Look forward to more Science Fiction from you!
Donnageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 12:54 AM   #14
jrlewis
SF/F Author

Talking Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnageddon View Post
Enjoyed the short stories and novel very much, jrlewis! I left a short review on Smashwords.

Look forward to more Science Fiction from you!
Thanks so much Donn, I'm really glad you liked the stories and I really appreciate the review.

Last edited by jrlewis; 12-18-2010 at 01:03 AM.
Old 01-22-2011, 08:00 PM   #15
jrlewis
SF/F Author

One week sale / giveaway!

Since the MobileRead crowd has been so good to me, I've set up a couple deals on Smashwords for you for my SF novel Heirs of Mars. These are good until the end of January.

Take your pick:

50% off!
  1. Go to Smashwords
  2. Purchase the book with the coupon code: VA63J

100% off! (that's right, for free!)
  1. Go to Smashwords
  2. Purchase the book with the coupon code: LK48E

And please note that there are two short story tie-ins to the novel on Smashwords and both are free:

Tags
artificial intelligence, cloning, coupon, free, mars, review, science fiction