Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

View Poll Results: Latest Kindle Commercial -- Good or Bad?
This commercial is great! 24 34.78%
Arrgh! This commercial sucks! 29 42.03%
I can't decide (or just don't care). 16 23.19%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-19-2009, 10:02 PM   #31
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badandy View Post
To be honest, I don't really care what the commercial was about. The female actress in it is gorgeous.
I think she is the one who sings the song.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 04:47 PM   #32
fugazied
Wizard
fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iPod Touch
I think it's great! It really captures the feeling of books being able to take you anywhere... The magic part is a little weird, but over all very good.

..and of course the actress is gorgeous.
fugazied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 05:46 PM   #33
edge777
Kindle Enthusiastic
edge777 will become famous soon enoughedge777 will become famous soon enoughedge777 will become famous soon enoughedge777 will become famous soon enoughedge777 will become famous soon enoughedge777 will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle 2 International
Wow, that was brutal (and not in a good way)! Although this commercial makes me understand how some idiots at Amazon think we want the screensavers they provide with the Kindle (thank goodness for the screensaver hack!!!!). Seriously, Amazon.... really....?????

The main reason it was bad, was that most people will have no idea what the commercial is about, or what it's selling, and it doesn't give intrigue for them to want to discover. So, pretty or weird, artist or artsy, it's a bad commercial for the purpose of commercials.

Last edited by edge777; 12-21-2009 at 05:48 PM.
edge777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 07:48 AM   #34
Nathan Campos
Groupie
Nathan Campos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathan Campos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathan Campos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathan Campos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathan Campos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathan Campos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathan Campos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathan Campos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathan Campos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathan Campos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathan Campos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX & Kindle (2011)
I like the music, it's Fly Me Away of Annie Little. In the same style of Apple commercials.
I like it, it's very beatiful and the music combine with Kindle and the commercial.

Congratulations for the very nice work from Amazon!

Last edited by Nathan Campos; 12-23-2009 at 07:50 AM.
Nathan Campos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 03:04 PM   #35
captcrouton
Connoisseur
captcrouton has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kindle 2
Hmm, I do like the kindle screensavers. Ah well.
captcrouton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 03:21 PM   #36
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by captcrouton View Post
Hmm, I do like the kindle screensavers. Ah well.
eink does not need a screensaver. So what is the purpose of this slideshow?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 03:36 PM   #37
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
eink does not need a screensaver. So what is the purpose of this slideshow?
So that you don't have to look at a blank screen?

The original screen savers are very well done.....I know I'm in the minority here, but I enjoy them......
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 06:17 PM   #38
squeaky
squeaky began at the beginning.

Device: none
I think Journier is onto something.

I'm hoping this is the first of a series of ads. This one plays a catchy tune and has some visual interest and hopefully, they'll use the tune again in the next ad and tell us more.

Remember the first Infiniti products around 20 years ago? They started with just a voice over saying not a whole lot and a bucolic setting. It built interest. I don't know how long it took, but we didn't see the car for a while afterwards. (Whenever I see someone staring into space, I still find myself thinking, "He's probably writing an Infiniti commercial.")

If this ad gets built upon, I think it's good. If this is it, then I'd say this ad is a bit too esoteric.

Last edited by squeaky; 12-27-2009 at 06:37 PM.
squeaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 09:07 AM   #39
etienne66
Groupie
etienne66 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.etienne66 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.etienne66 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.etienne66 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.etienne66 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.etienne66 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.etienne66 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.etienne66 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.etienne66 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.etienne66 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.etienne66 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Kindle 2, PRS-600 Black, PRS-650 Red, Adam w/ Pixel Qi(pre-ordered)
Personally, I like the ad. Well...the woman in the ad.

But it does a lousy job of selling the Kindle.

Etienne66
etienne66 is offline   Reply With Quote