Notices

Old 10-10-2008, 04:44 PM   #1
SonyFan
Words Are Truth!
SonyFan began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-700
I'm Waiting to Purchase a PRS-700

Hello, All,

I'm definately buying one! - As I'm in London, this will have to be ordered from the States. I intend (after several recomendations on these boards) to use B + H - They are now listing it on their site.

Whilst waiting for it to become available, I came across this -
http://mikecane2008.wordpress.com/20...-700-part-one/

I thought a very interesting article - especially Part Two's review of PRS-700 - I'm also watching the 'Reader Revolution' stunt in New York - Watching the webcam on the street is quite fun, as well as his daily blog -
http://uk.youtube.com/ReaderRevolution

Also reading 'A Study in Scarlett' - Sherlock Holmes

Regards,
SonyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 05:08 PM   #2
jonbaber
jonbaber began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-500
I'll be buying one from B&H as well. Its just a shame about the Aussie - US exchange rate tanking... if it keeps on going like this, by the time it is available, I won't be able to justify such a high price!
jonbaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 05:17 PM   #3
DDHarriman
Guru
DDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura about

Device: Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS 505, Kindle DXG and Samsung Galaxy Note
Outstanding review!

I love the first part and the way he can "stick" a person into reading the rest. Great!

And I agree, the second part is a great presentation to what the prs 700 is.
DDHarriman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 12:25 PM   #4
Dave Berk
Fanatic
Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.

Device: PRS505
I'll be buying one as well. You will need to hurry, though. IIRC, after the PRS-505 came out it didn't take long for B&H to ran out of stock. They restocked pretty fast, but there was a delay.
Also, Mike Cane's ebooks blog is very good.
Dave Berk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 11:50 AM   #5
venkatesh
venkatesh began at the beginning.

Device: sony reader prs 700
Nov 14th

Nov 14th is when it going on sale in the US. Sony style has page with details for PRS 700 and it says it runs on an intel celeron processor
venkatesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 12:45 PM   #6
MerLock
Evangelist
MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Kind of funny. I went to the sony style us site and check out the specifications for the 700 hoping to find the dimensions of it. I couldn't find that but I did see

"Screen Size : 6? Measured Diagonally

Technology : E Ink® ?Electronic Paper?

Service and Warranty Information
Limited Warranty Term : Limited Warranty ?"

I see a lot of "?" marks all over the place. Are they unsure about the screen size, technology and the warranty?

I'm suprised people don't look over what they put up online, especially from a big name brand store like Sony.
MerLock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 01:18 PM   #7
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by MerLock View Post
Kind of funny. I went to the sony style us site and check out the specifications for the 700 hoping to find the dimensions of it. I couldn't find that but I did see

"Screen Size : 6? Measured Diagonally

Technology : E Ink® ?Electronic Paper?

Service and Warranty Information
Limited Warranty Term : Limited Warranty ?"

I see a lot of "?" marks all over the place. Are they unsure about the screen size, technology and the warranty?

I'm suprised people don't look over what they put up online, especially from a big name brand store like Sony.
No, they are using characters that are not available in the font they chose or the character set they are using. I already forwarded an email to them to correct these issues as well as the missing items like the size of the device. These kinds of things are typically because the marketing guy submitted a word document with curly quotes and other special characters to a IT guy that just pasted in the text on the page. Read about special characters on our wiki.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 03:35 PM   #8
MerLock
Evangelist
MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I understand how it probably happened but I'm surprised they didn't "proof" their final work. In my opinion it should've been something easy to catch.
MerLock is offline   Reply With Quote