Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-22-2010, 05:30 PM   #1
emanresu
emanresu began at the beginning.

Device: PC
How do I have one metadata category have two different names?

How can I get my custom genre metadata tag to display as "Genre(s) in the main book window (not sure of name) and "Genres" in the Tag Browser in the same way that authors is displayed as "Author(s)" in the main book window and "Authors" in the Tag Browser? Thanks!
emanresu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 05:49 PM   #2
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
I don't think you can. The two author fields and their descriptions are hardcoded, the genre field is added by you.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 05:49 AM   #3
Jabby
Jr. - Junior Member
Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Archos, Asus, HP, Lenovo, Nexus and Samsung tablets in 7,8 and 10"
Quote:
Originally Posted by emanresu View Post
How can I get my custom genre metadata tag to display as "Genre(s) in the main book window (not sure of name) and "Genres" in the Tag Browser in the same way that authors is displayed as "Author(s)" in the main book window and "Authors" in the Tag Browser? Thanks!
1-Click on Preference or right click on a column header and create a new column.
2- Give it a name (genre - Genre works for me)
3-Select "column built from other columns" from the column type.
4- Type "{tags}" (without the quotes) in the spot that appears.
5-Click the check mark in the upper left corner.
6- You must completely shut down Calibre and restart it to get it to take.
7- The new column will appear at the far right. Size it and move it to where you like it.

Regards - John
Jabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 06:44 AM   #4
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabby View Post
1-Click on Preference or right click on a column header and create a new column.
2- Give it a name (genre - Genre works for me)
3-Select "column built from other columns" from the column type.
4- Type "{tags}" (without the quotes) in the spot that appears.
5-Click the check mark in the upper left corner.
6- You must completely shut down Calibre and restart it to get it to take.
7- The new column will appear at the far right. Size it and move it to where you like it.

Regards - John
That gets the OP an uneditable copy of the tags field called genre. I believe his intention was to get a custom column called "Genre(s)" in one place and "Genres" in another.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote