Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 08-26-2014, 12:00 AM   #1096
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
I've done some experiments, and I agree with jgoguen. It sounds like it is how the book was created.

Attached is a sample book with pictures and chapters in various layouts:
  • First chapter has full screen picture in the middle of the chapter
  • Then another chapter followed by picture in a separate file and another set of text in separate file.
  • Then a chapter that starts with the picture and has text afterwards.
In all cases, the picture is wrapped in SVG to display it full screen. And they work as I expected. The first has page numbering across the full chapter including the picture. The second restarts the page numbering for each file. The picture and later text file don't have a chapter name displayed. The last one starts the page numbering with the picture and keeps going from there. It doesn't display chapter name.

My guess would be snowstone's book does the second one. But, it might be the last one. Splitting the picture into a separate file should make it easier to guarantee it is displayed on a separate page by itself. But, it does mess up the page numbering used for kepubs.
Attached Files
File Type: epub Picture in Chapter Test - Ann Onymous.epub (733.0 KB, 13 views)
davidfor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 12:18 PM   #1097
molier
molier began at the beginning.

Device: iPad mini
Since the latest firmware 3.8.0 the look and feel of the kepub misses the upper and lower toolbars with title of book end pages per chapter. I have read this plugin is no longer being developed. Is there an alternative?
molier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 05:44 PM   #1098
PeterT
Taking a break; Fed up
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Wife: Touch, Arc, Vox Me: Nexus 7, Glo
That will not be an issue with the driver,rather its a difference with the A device itself and how it handles kepub formats.

Unfortunately I'm traveling so can't experiment right now. Hopefully someone else can provide feedback.

Also while its not under active development it does not mean no development...
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 08:00 PM   #1099
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by molier View Post
Since the latest firmware 3.8.0 the look and feel of the kepub misses the upper and lower toolbars with title of book end pages per chapter.
That most likely means you have added the option to allow full screen reading into the config file. Then went into the reading settings and changed a setting. Go into the reading settings and look for an option something like "Show header and footer." Change the setting and see if the title and footer are shown again.
Quote:
I have read this plugin is no longer being developed. Is there an alternative?
Yes, the original developer has moved on from the plugin. But, nothing has changed to make the plugin not work. There are several people here capable of making any changes needed. If there are changes needed, something will be done.
davidfor is online now   Reply With Quote