Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-18-2011, 11:32 PM   #16
gweminence
Fat Guy
gweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notes

Device: Kindle Voyage
I just got 2 updates, the first, dec 14th. The second, roughly 3 hours later, nov 22. Woot!
gweminence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 02:37 AM   #17
JoHunt
I am what I am
JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad3, Voyage
I also just got a notice that estimated arrival date is November 22.

Of course, since Amazon assured me many times that there was no way the cover would arrive until after December 25, I bought another cover/light combo

I think Amazon messed up by releasing too many new things at the same time.
JoHunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-19-2011, 05:21 AM   #18
Stingo
Fanatic
Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KH2O, KPW2, KDXG, KPW1, K3, S505
Just cancelled my order. Probably sending back Touch until they fix foreign language dictionary problem.
Stingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 10:43 AM   #19
mewmartigan
Guru
mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis (2019)
Just checked and my delivery estimate for the Black Lighted Kindle Touch Cover has moved from Nov 28 to Nov 23!! Woohoo, my Kindle will be protected before Thanksgiving
mewmartigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 11:46 AM   #20
SubElement
Connoisseur
SubElement began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle International
Mine just moved from 23rd to 22nd! Awesome!
SubElement is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-19-2011, 05:25 PM   #21
Pushka
Wizard
Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, Ipad, Iphone, Nexus and PPW
Groan. Just as I cancel they start shipping.
Pushka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 07:31 PM   #22
PharaohsVizier
Connoisseur
PharaohsVizier ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PharaohsVizier ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PharaohsVizier ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PharaohsVizier ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PharaohsVizier ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PharaohsVizier ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PharaohsVizier ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PharaohsVizier ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PharaohsVizier ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PharaohsVizier ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PharaohsVizier ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle DXG, Kindle Fire, Kindle Touch
I'm still stuck wayyyy back in December
PharaohsVizier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 08:52 PM   #23
Leep
Guru
Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle1, K3, K3G (thanks MR), iTouch, Kindle Touch
Same here. Just moved from Nov. 28 to Nov. 23, shipping soon.

cheers
Leep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 02:42 AM   #24
WarStreet
WarStreet began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle touch with ads
I don't know if this is normal, but yesterday mine was marked as "shipping soon" although it still says "We'll notify you via e-mail when we have an estimated delivery date". I ordered the Brown cover on 5th October.

UPDATE:

Now it went back to "Not yet shipped"

Last edited by WarStreet; 11-20-2011 at 05:17 AM.
WarStreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 05:29 AM   #25
JoHunt
I am what I am
JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad3, Voyage
Mine still says "shipping soon" with a delivery date of November 22.

I'm getting a bit concerned about the bad reviews for the unlighted cover though. Apparently unlike the cover for the K3, the front of the KT cover is thin and pliable.

I just hope all this waiting won't lead to disappointment when the covers are finally delivered.
JoHunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 09:50 AM   #26
WarStreet
WarStreet began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle touch with ads
Now, I have an estimate.

January 5, 2012 - January 14, 2012

I can still get some nice cheap non lighted alternatives from ebay as a temporary/permanent replacement, and then if I still want this cover, I will get it from Europe when it is available.
WarStreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 11:29 AM   #27
kuklachica
Enthusiast
kuklachica began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3G/WiFi
I played around with a non-Touch K4, non-lighted cover yesterday at Best Buy... they only had the black in stock. It was horrible! You can't even tell that it is "leather" on the front, felt and looked more like plastic. The cover was very bendy- no way it will protect the Kindle if something small and heavy were on it. It bends almost as much as a heavy duty notebook cover or day planner cover. The whole cover felt incredibly cheap. Not even close to the quality of the previous covers. No way would I spend money on this, and definitely not $60, even with a light. The cheap ebay covers are much sturdier than this, even with a clip-on light.
kuklachica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 11:46 AM   #28
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
I have an estimated ship date of 12/30. Oh well.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 05:18 PM   #29
mewmartigan
Guru
mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis (2019)
just got shipping confirmation, mine should be here Tuesday
mewmartigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 06:56 PM   #30
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuklachica View Post
I played around with a non-Touch K4, non-lighted cover yesterday at Best Buy... they only had the black in stock. It was horrible! You can't even tell that it is "leather" on the front, felt and looked more like plastic. The cover was very bendy- no way it will protect the Kindle if something small and heavy were on it. It bends almost as much as a heavy duty notebook cover or day planner cover. The whole cover felt incredibly cheap. Not even close to the quality of the previous covers. No way would I spend money on this, and definitely not $60, even with a light. The cheap ebay covers are much sturdier than this, even with a clip-on light.
I was at Best Buy yesterday and stumbled upon the same cover. I couldn't believe the flimsiness of the thing. Plus no magnets are clasp to keep it closed. Kept looking at the price to see if it was mislabeled. Very shocked at the price gouging. It's a $10 case. That's it! In fact, I'd be embarrassed to give that to someone.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote