Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 09-05-2009, 09:12 PM   #1
tselling
Addict
tselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enough

Device: NookColor (MiRage/CM7.2 & Moon+ Reader Pro)
jetBook wallet or other cover?

Has anyone reviewed the jetBook wallet. It looks to open the opposite way from most covers for other readers do. How big and bulky is it?

Anyone try any other covers?
Thanks.
tselling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 11:45 PM   #2
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
I'm thinking about it but I didn't buy it yet because if I put my jeBook inside the wallet it will be probably too big to fit my shirt pocket.

Last edited by Kris777; 09-07-2009 at 12:02 AM.
Kris777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-06-2009, 10:23 AM   #3
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
The photo does appear to show it opening from a different side. This might be ideal for someone who is left-handed and does not wish to feel the fold.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 11:19 AM   #4
Kralik
Guru
Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Rooted NST
Can you find it anywhere other than from Ectaco for $50?
Kralik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 12:06 PM   #5
jetreader
Banned
jetreader doesn't litterjetreader doesn't litter

Device: jetbook
I have Ectaco wallet for my jetBook but do not use it. It is very safe, but it has one BIG disadvantage. After you remove your jetBook from your wallet, you have 2 sepatare things on your hands, and you have to take care of both. OK this one I will read, and this one I have to place in a bag, or in my pocket, or else, or... what the heck, I don't want to waste my time on these things. That's why I prefer folding covers. I made one myself with the help of my son and my mom. I was project manager. They were my slaves. I took 2 pieces of thin cardboard, piece of leather from my old jacket and 4 strips of rubber band to hold the jetbook inside of the cover. I used it for sometime and it was rather convenient construction. You just unfold it when you read, you fold it when you don't. Old leather gave it it's charm. But then I stopped using it, because it didn't fit my pocket. Now I carry my jetBook without the cover at all. I just do not keep it in one pocket with keys or other sharp objects. I think that the screen is completely safe in one's pocket.
jetreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-08-2009, 01:01 PM   #6
LuBiB
Banned
LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: jetBook, iPhone, JETBOOK COLOR!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kralik View Post
Can you find it anywhere other than from Ectaco for $50?
hey kralik,

i actually just found the leather one on eBay for $39.95:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Leather-Travel-W...#ht_673wt_1165

and theres also a silicon sleeve for $19.95:

http://cgi.ebay.com/jetBook-eBook-re...#ht_607wt_1165
LuBiB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 01:03 PM   #7
LuBiB
Banned
LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: jetBook, iPhone, JETBOOK COLOR!!
btw, i actually have the silicon sleeve. you will NEVER get the jetBook scratched in one of these, plus if you drop it, it'll be safe (i'm more clumsy than mr. magoo lol)

i dont have the leather wallet, but it does look good. not sure which way it opens just yet...
LuBiB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 08:54 PM   #8
Kralik
Guru
Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetreader View Post
I have Ectaco wallet for my jetBook but do not use it. It is very safe, but it has one BIG disadvantage. After you remove your jetBook from your wallet, you have 2 sepatare things on your hands, and you have to take care of both. OK this one I will read, and this one I have to place in a bag, or in my pocket, or else, or... what the heck, I don't want to waste my time on these things. That's why I prefer folding covers. I made one myself with the help of my son and my mom. I was project manager. They were my slaves. I took 2 pieces of thin cardboard, piece of leather from my old jacket and 4 strips of rubber band to hold the jetbook inside of the cover. I used it for sometime and it was rather convenient construction. You just unfold it when you read, you fold it when you don't. Old leather gave it it's charm. But then I stopped using it, because it didn't fit my pocket. Now I carry my jetBook without the cover at all. I just do not keep it in one pocket with keys or other sharp objects. I think that the screen is completely safe in one's pocket.
The jetBook wallet IS a type of cover, not the black sleeve that comes with the device. It is leather and opens on the RIGHT. My guess is that they made it that way to facilitate easy note taking for right-handed users?

Pictures and Info: http://www.ectaco.com/main.jsp?do=pr...tem&item=19574
Old 09-24-2009, 04:59 PM   #9
Andybaby
Wizard
Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kralik View Post
The jetBook wallet IS a type of cover, not the black sleeve that comes with the device. It is leather and opens on the RIGHT. My guess is that they made it that way to facilitate easy note taking for right-handed users?

Pictures and Info: http://www.ectaco.com/main.jsp?do=pr...tem&item=19574
I think they do it backwards because the page turner is on the left.
Andybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 08:42 PM   #10
Jack Tingle
Punctuation Fetishist
Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Nexus 7 (2013), Galaxy S5 phone, Galaxy Tab 4 8.0
I haven't found any need for anything beyond the stock nylon sleeve. It seems to have a hard sheet for screen protection, so it should be reasonably proof against minor shocks. I've used similar PDA covers. Of course, a solid aluminum Rhinoskin case would be better, but you can't always get what you want.

Regards,
Jack Tingle
Jack Tingle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 11:35 PM   #11
Kralik
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andybaby View Post
I think they do it backwards because the page turner is on the left.
Excellent reasoning!
Old 11-10-2009, 10:27 PM   #12
GA Russell
Bombers last loss July 27
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuBiB View Post
btw, i actually have the silicon sleeve. you will NEVER get the jetBook scratched in one of these, plus if you drop it, it'll be safe (i'm more clumsy than mr. magoo lol)
LuBib, I'm curious about the silicon sleeve.

When you refer to scratches, are you talking about the screen?

If it protects the screen, how can you comfortably read through it?
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote