Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 06-04-2013, 05:39 AM   #31
abeonis
eBook DIYer
abeonis began at the beginning.

Device: K4, KF HD 8.9, Readium
OK.

I am using MS-Word 2010, Windows 7. Your tool is version 1.2.4.0.
(I downloaded it on 05/25/2013, the size of the setup.exe is 496 KB in case it helps you identify which version I am using).

I send you an email containing test1.docx end the resulting test1.html

You are right, first time I did the test, "Remove bookmars" was checked. However, I unchecked it and obtained the same results.

Each time I enter the settings editor, "Remove bookmars" is again checked. (One of the reasons I need the INI file).

I also noticed that if test1.html already exists, Generate HTML doesn't complete.

I get also some insults from time to time like "Windows Explorer cannot be updated" and "Trying to rebuild it" and the main MS-Word window (the actual text) becomes transparent. However, I have not been able to identify the sequence of actions that reproduce this behavior.
abeonis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 05:57 AM   #32
Gunslinger
Gunslinger began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Any chance of a version for Mac users - eg. Microsoft Office 2011 for Mac?
Gunslinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-04-2013, 06:46 AM   #33
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by abeonis View Post
I am using MS-Word 2010, Windows 7. Your tool is version 1.2.4.0.
(I downloaded it on 05/25/2013, the size of the setup.exe is 496 KB in case it helps you identify which version I am using).
Thanks, that is the latest published version and apparently I forgot to build it with the fix for  . I am working on 1.3 and that one has the fix (amongst other things).

Quote:
I send you an email containing test1.docx end the resulting test1.html

You are right, first time I did the test, "Remove bookmars" was checked. However, I unchecked it and obtained the same results.

Each time I enter the settings editor, "Remove bookmars" is again checked.
Great, that actually helps me a lot. I can reproduce this now. I will fix this in the coming version. *UPDATE* This is fixed in the next build, I am ashamed of the cause of this...

Quote:
(One of the reasons I need the INI file).
As I said, there is no ini file. Of course the settings are saved somewhere. I can try to dig up the exact location and put it in the documentation. It will differ for each operating system, so I can only check for the ones I have access to. I do not advice to change it in the settings file.

Quote:
I also noticed that if test1.html already exists, Generate HTML doesn't complete.
That is strange, since the HTML versions of my various test documents already exist and it does complete. I will look into it of course, but no idea yet.
*UPDATE* It should automatic overwrite the existing HTML file. Perhaps not too friendly, but it should complete. Do you get an error message at all?

Quote:
I get also some insults from time to time like "Windows Explorer cannot be updated" and "Trying to rebuild it" and the main MS-Word window (the actual text) becomes transparent. However, I have not been able to identify the sequence of actions that reproduce this behavior.
Sounds peculiar, since I do nothing with web elements actually or specific with Windows explorer. There are some CRUD actions in temporary directories, but that is it. If you find more specifics, I would like to hear it.

Now, as an estimate for the next version. I want to solve another bug first (a quite elusive one actually) before releasing. My estimate would be before the end of the week.

Last edited by Toxaris; 06-04-2013 at 07:02 AM. Reason: New status
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 06:51 AM   #34
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunslinger View Post
Any chance of a version for Mac users - eg. Microsoft Office 2011 for Mac?
I actually thought about this. It will not happen I am afraid. I do not own a Mac, so I cannot build and test it. I also need the .NET framework (although Mono might work in this case). It might work via Wine...
Old 06-04-2013, 08:05 AM   #35
Gunslinger
Gunslinger began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Thanks for a swift reply. Will try wine, or fire up Vmware.
Gunslinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-12-2013, 04:54 AM   #36
Toxaris
Wizard

Version 1.3.0 is now available. The changelog is as follows:

- Setting 'remove bookmarks' is now correctly handled
- corrected conversion of  
- add width and height for images
- links to stylesheets corrected (wrong slash)
- added internal stylesheet for cover XHTML to remove all margins
- ISBN is now correctly identified
- Guide in OPF is now filled with the cover information
- file com.apple.ibooks.display-options.xml is added to the ePUB for correct font handling in iBooks
- more options for document languages (Dutch, English (US and UK), French, German and Spanish)
- Fixed rare issue that sometimes the dialogue procedure died with long paragraphs

Enjoy.

Last edited by Toxaris; 06-12-2013 at 01:00 PM.
Old 06-20-2013, 08:13 AM   #37
Start
Enthusiast
Start can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Start can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Start can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Start can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Start can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Start can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Start can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Start can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Start can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Start can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Start can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Tolino Shine 2 HD
Sorry I have a problem with your installer package.

When I manage to install I cannot do it as I haven't any adminstrator permission for doing that. Is it possible to have it as your first macro? I had no problem to install in my 2010 msword but this add-in is impossible to install.
Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 08:55 AM   #38
Toxaris
Wizard

Sorry, this is not a macro but a real program. A lot of things in it cannot be done (easily) with a macro anymore.
The reason it needs administrator rights is because it installs in c:\program files or c:\program files(x86). That is not allowed without administrator rights.
Perhaps I will look at an alternative installation directory in a later stage.
Old 06-21-2013, 02:05 AM   #39
Toxaris
Wizard

On my site only a small document with S&R rules for the add-in can be downloaded. This can of course be enriched with you own rules. As an example I will post my own (dutch) version. There are my more entries in this, but most will of course not apply in English. It might give some ideas though.
Attached Files
File Type: doc Vervangingsregels.doc (196.5 KB, 662 views)
Old 06-24-2013, 04:01 PM   #40
Start
Enthusiast
Start can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Start can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Start can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Start can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Start can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Start can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Start can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Start can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Start can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Start can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Start can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxaris View Post
On my site only a small document with S&R rules for the add-in can be downloaded. This can of course be enriched with you own rules. As an example I will post my own (dutch) version. There are my more entries in this, but most will of course not apply in English. It might give some ideas though.
Sorry, I haven't understood your intention.

I'd like to see a portable version (better if in a usb-pen) and if you need to enrich your Search & Replace in my own tongue It'd be nice but how and what doing...
Old 06-25-2013, 02:26 AM   #41
Toxaris
Wizard

It cannot be a portable version. It is an add-in for Word. It is not a standalone program. It needs several settings in the registry to be able to work.

With regards to the S&R rules the following. That posting has nothing to do with installation, but about a specific feature of the add-in. That document is used by the add-in (you can also use your own document) to execute all the rules. So, if you find you need an additional S&R to clean up sources, you can added to your own copy. I have a big list with S&R-rules for Dutch, since that is my native tongue. I have a smaller list for English. I just posted the Dutch version as an example and to inspire.
I can translate the add-in and/or S&R-rules to other languages, but not by myself. I will only do it when requested.
Old 06-28-2013, 04:37 PM   #42
Toxaris
Wizard

Version 1.3.5 released

Version 1.3.5 is released and it contains the following changes:
  • Added progress indicator which display the step currently active
  • Added the Amazing Progressbar by Graham Wilson on the progress indicator for some activites that take a long time
  • Completly revised the 'Retain userstyles' option in the 'HTML Convert' procedure. Instead of asking each stylename, now at the beginning of the procedure a popup will display on which the stylenames can be selected that needs to be retained.
  • Colorcoding with regards to pagebreaks (red) and scenebreaks (yellow) can be deactivated
  • Added two additional features. One feature to tag (and untag) formatting (italic, bold and underline) and one feature to remove all styling/formatting of the document. It will also remove a lot of styles that ABBYY created. It is not required to be used for good results, it is just an additional feature for those who want it.
  • Added more translations, some were missing
  • Fixed that conversion to entities was in CAPS when they were part of smallcaps
  • Speed improvement for the creation of the ePUB
  • It should no longer be required to remove old version before installation
  • Fixed situation that a paragrapgh following a scenebreak was set to italic when the paragraph before the scenebreak ended with italics.
Old 06-30-2013, 02:10 PM   #43
Start
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxaris View Post
It cannot be a portable version. It is an add-in for Word. It is not a standalone program. It needs several settings in the registry to be able to work.

With regards to the S&R rules the following. That posting has nothing to do with installation, but about a specific feature of the add-in. That document is used by the add-in (you can also use your own document) to execute all the rules. So, if you find you need an additional S&R to clean up sources, you can added to your own copy. I have a big list with S&R-rules for Dutch, since that is my native tongue. I have a smaller list for English. I just posted the Dutch version as an example and to inspire.
I can translate the add-in and/or S&R-rules to other languages, but not by myself. I will only do it when requested.
Sorry, Now I understand everything. Not an alone program but integrated in MsWord. Very good!

So the problem is only to make a directory in "my documents"? If so, I'm sure it's not a problem for a dev like you Of course when possible.

About your S&R is a bit difficult for me without a real document to make. I prefer to do all when I can use it. And in addition, I'd like to translate your program if you need my simple helping hands...
Old 06-30-2013, 03:08 PM   #44
Toxaris
Wizard

No, it is about a directory in 'Program Files'. There is no way around it, but using another directory might be. However, that will bring other issues.

You can just look at the english version of the replace rules to get a grasp of what it can do.

The program can be translated of course, if the wish is there. What language would you be willing to translate it into? I will see if I can conjure a list of language strings used.
Old 08-06-2013, 08:31 AM   #45
kbaerwald
BioReader
kbaerwald understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'kbaerwald understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'kbaerwald understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'kbaerwald understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'kbaerwald understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'kbaerwald understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'kbaerwald understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'kbaerwald understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'kbaerwald understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'kbaerwald understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'kbaerwald understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Device: Various
Office 2013 Problem with S&R

@toxaris: thank you for that programme but I could not test it to its full extent. Installation (1.3.5.0) is o.k., placement in the ribbon area is o.k. too. All functions work fine except for one (the most important for me): Search & Replace. I downloaded your English language based doc file "replacerules.doc" for testing purposes and attached it through the Settings.

Now: after loading a 200 page test file into Word and starting the S&R function the screen switches to the draft mode and ... nothing. Word 2013 hangs. Clicking away the main window I can see the message that the opening of "replacerules.doc" has led to a severe problem (it was protected) and Word has inactivated it.

I copied the content into a new doc and attached it through settings: the same problem.

I have no idea what to do.

Klaus
kbaerwald is offline   Reply With Quote