Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Alternative Devices

Notices

Old 05-11-2014, 09:43 AM   #1
James_K
James_K began at the beginning.

Device: Garmin GPS
Audible format

Hello all,

Does somebody know how to convert different audio files in .aa format (or even better in .aax format) ?
Just to avoid any error: I'm not asking how to convert aa in mp3 or other format.

I searched on internet and I couldn't find any solution.
I found on:https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=149941
that
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadievan View Post
I just tried to convert an mp3 file to aa in Goldwave and it worked. I have audibleMediaPlayerFilter installed.
but the user hasn't give any other details.

Regards,
J
James_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 02:15 PM   #2
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I am almost certain that all sadievan did in that other thread is create an mp3 or some other common format and name the file with an .aa at the end.

May I ask why you want to convert to Audible format? What would be the point? Any device I'm aware of that can play Audible files can play other common formats as well.

Even if there turns out to be no way to do what you are asking, with a little more information, we may be more likely to find an alternate solution to whatever it is you are ultimately trying to do.

ApK

Last edited by ApK; 05-11-2014 at 04:36 PM.
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-25-2014, 01:54 PM   #3
martienne
.~^пиратка^~.
martienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: Onyx Boox M92
James, the best, fastest method is for the .aa (32 kbps) files: Google "Audible DRM Goldwave" download and follow the instructions very carefully. Save to .m4a and change the extension to .m4b that way you get the exact same behaviour as the original .aa file, but without the DRM. It will remember where you left off etc. This is the easier and better approach for beginners.

For the .aax (new 64 kbps - improvement barely noticeable to .aa) use Tuneclone with itunes. Unfortunately you'll end up with hundreds of small files instead of 1-2 files. It's a slower less desirable approach, that's because the algorithm for .aax is not cracked so instead you are playing the book very fast, and recording. Ideally you should merge them together to create 1-2 .m4b or .m4a which are the superior format for audiobooks. An .m4b should be no longer than 7.5 hours. If it's longer than that you are best to split the book in two parts.

Hopefully this is enough info to get you started. PM me if you have problems, there are other private communites better suited to discuss things like this.

Last edited by martienne; 07-25-2014 at 02:01 PM.
martienne is offline   Reply With Quote