Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > Other Books

Notices

Old 09-04-2007, 10:12 PM   #1
akiburis
Connoisseur
akiburis will become famous soon enoughakiburis will become famous soon enoughakiburis will become famous soon enoughakiburis will become famous soon enoughakiburis will become famous soon enoughakiburis will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-505, iLiad Book Edition
Phillpotts, Eden: The Red Redmaynes. PDF for Sony Reader. 4 Sept 07.

The Red Redmaynes was published in 1922. Barzun and Taylor (A Catalogue of Crime) call it "a classic detective novel that has never received due recognition." Phillpotts, I gather, was something of a mentor to the young Agatha Christie; you can see that she learned a thing or two from him.

This is a 3.47- x 4.54-inch PDF produced with LaTeX and XeTeX from the Project Gutenberg plain text. I have corrected a few typos in the PG text. A few apparent errors in fact were faithfully reproduced from the printed edition (New York, Macmillan, 1922) that I was able to check courtesy of Google Books; since they were pretty obviously compositor's errors (transpositions) anyway, I corrected them in brackets. I also bowdlerized a word with a bracketed ellipsis.

Last edited by akiburis; 10-13-2007 at 12:43 PM. Reason: Attachment removed.
akiburis is offline   Reply With Quote