Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 11-06-2010, 11:11 AM   #1
EvilClone
EvilClone began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Serial Number

I have a K3 that I would like to change the serial number. Does anyone know of a way to do this. I'm sure your wondering why one would need/want to do that and I would have no problem sharing that information but I'm afraid there (amazon) watching If you think you can help me and must really know why than I'll explain via PM or something.
Old 11-06-2010, 11:23 AM   #2
curstpriest
Confused
curstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toys

Device: Kindle DXG
if your serial number is blacklisted you're blacklisted, you can't change it. You can register a blacklisted kindle however, look for the thread on this forum.
Advert
Old 11-06-2010, 05:55 PM   #3
EvilClone

Not sure if its blacklisted. What would cause for a kindle to be blacklisted?
Old 11-06-2010, 06:04 PM   #4
abookreader
Wizard
abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles - Keyboard, Fire, 2-US, iPhone, iPAD
It was reported as lost or stolen by the owner.
Old 11-06-2010, 06:23 PM   #5
EvilClone

Gotcha. Hmm well short story short I'm the purchaser but the order got canceled after a month went by and I never got a K3. A week after that a k3 shows up on my door step. After getting it I was excited to have a kindle but hesitant to use it as it was refunded. So now I know it's probably blacklisted.
Advert
Old 11-06-2010, 06:59 PM   #6
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Call Amazon

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilClone View Post
Gotcha. Hmm well short story short I'm the purchaser but the order got canceled after a month went by and I never got a K3. A week after that a k3 shows up on my door step. After getting it I was excited to have a kindle but hesitant to use it as it was refunded. So now I know it's probably blacklisted.
Go to your order on Amazon. Click the spot which has them call you back. Tell them your K3 arrived and you want to reinstate your order. Give them the serial number and you're back in busines HONESTLY.
Old 11-06-2010, 07:04 PM   #7
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Before the morality gestapo get here (on their really tall horses)... just remember that Amazon will probably get a delivery confirmation on that unit. Keep that in mind while you're playing with your "free" Kindle. Refusing the delivery would probably have been the way to go... just sayin'.

EDIT: wrote my post before I saw sirmaru's suggestion... that's probably the easiest solution.
Old 11-06-2010, 07:25 PM   #8
EvilClone

Ok cool. I think I'm going to mail it back on monday.
Old 11-07-2010, 06:28 AM   #9
curstpriest
Confused
curstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toys

Device: Kindle DXG
Not so sure about that, our mail carriers here (fedex/usps/ups) have been known to leave packages by the door, throw them on the lawn, or toss them over the fence...

My 380$ kindle DXG was delivered to me while I slept via USPS, no signature required.
Old 11-07-2010, 08:45 AM   #10
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
Quote:
Originally Posted by curstpriest View Post
Not so sure about that, our mail carriers here (fedex/usps/ups) have been known to leave packages by the door, throw them on the lawn, or toss them over the fence...

My 380$ kindle DXG was delivered to me while I slept via USPS, no signature required.
Same for me... but to make things better I normally use my garage door to come in and out of the house so when they leave things at my front door I may not notice them for a couple days. I have had packages sit for days...
Old 11-07-2010, 09:25 AM   #11
catsittingstill
Guru
catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1.0.8, iPod Touch, Kindle Keyboard
My mail carrier leaves packages by the front door. I routinely go in and out the back door. However if I know the package is coming, I check the front door regularly :-)

Regarding the Kindle, I'm with the others. Either pay for it or send it back; keeping it and using it is unfair. In addition, with the Kindle it is probably impractical as well because of that whole whispernet thing.
Old 11-07-2010, 09:59 AM   #12
Doug Huffman
Banned
Doug Huffman knows the square root of minus one.Doug Huffman knows the square root of minus one.Doug Huffman knows the square root of minus one.Doug Huffman knows the square root of minus one.Doug Huffman knows the square root of minus one.Doug Huffman knows the square root of minus one.Doug Huffman knows the square root of minus one.Doug Huffman knows the square root of minus one.Doug Huffman knows the square root of minus one.Doug Huffman knows the square root of minus one.Doug Huffman knows the square root of minus one.

Location: Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA
Device: KINDLE 3 WiFi
Amazon and KINDLE are the next marginal increment in the evolution of 'subscription' away from what Thomas Jefferson and John Hancock understood when they subscribed committing their lives, their fortunes and their sacred honor. Now one 'subscribes' to the NRA to get their glossy agit-prop rag.
Old 11-16-2011, 07:58 PM   #13
blue_skies
Evangelist
blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue T62+; Boyue Mimas; and my old Kindle Keyboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcuadro View Post
Same for me... but to make things better I normally use my garage door to come in and out of the house so when they leave things at my front door I may not notice them for a couple days. I have had packages sit for days...
A few years back I ordered a $1,200.00 notebook computer from Amazon that wasn't supposed to ship for several months. It ended up shipping about 2 months earlier than the estimated ship date during check out and I never received an email to notify me it was shipping early. It ended up sitting outside my front door for 11 days in the blazing hot summer sun before I found out it had been delivered.
Old 11-17-2011, 03:20 AM   #14
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Moderator Notice
MobileRead is not a good site to ask how or provide help to others to use a blacklisted device. MobileRead is against this and asking "How can I do this?" or providing instructions for others to do so are good ways to lose access to MR.

Thread closed.
Closed Thread