Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-07-2013, 08:05 PM   #16
szfisher
Enthusiast
szfisher seems famous, but is in fact legendary.szfisher seems famous, but is in fact legendary.szfisher seems famous, but is in fact legendary.szfisher seems famous, but is in fact legendary.szfisher seems famous, but is in fact legendary.szfisher seems famous, but is in fact legendary.szfisher seems famous, but is in fact legendary.szfisher seems famous, but is in fact legendary.szfisher seems famous, but is in fact legendary.szfisher seems famous, but is in fact legendary.szfisher seems famous, but is in fact legendary.

Device: Kindel Touch
follow this:
info system:emiting_event:mounted_varLocal:
info userstore:found_shutdown_flag::Found SHUTDOWN flag file

I think the SHUTDOWN flag file in /var/local, but I can not cd that directory.
szfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 11:08 PM   #17
szfisher
Enthusiast
szfisher seems famous, but is in fact legendary.szfisher seems famous, but is in fact legendary.szfisher seems famous, but is in fact legendary.szfisher seems famous, but is in fact legendary.szfisher seems famous, but is in fact legendary.szfisher seems famous, but is in fact legendary.szfisher seems famous, but is in fact legendary.szfisher seems famous, but is in fact legendary.szfisher seems famous, but is in fact legendary.szfisher seems famous, but is in fact legendary.szfisher seems famous, but is in fact legendary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Next time - use a spoiler tag.

Read this:
info userstore:found_bootup_flag::Found BOOTUP flag file

Fix that.
I entered the following recovery menu, and update KP with update_kindle_5.3.1.bin. But problem is still same.

Menu
====
3. Load MMC0 over USB storage
4. Erase MMC0
I. Initialize Partition Table (fdisk) and format FAT
O. Format and overwrite FAT partition
E. Export FAT partition
U. Update using update*.bin file on FAT partition
M. Update using update*.bin file on FAT partition of second MMC port
D. dmesg / kernel printk ring buffer.
Q. quit

Can you tell what I should try next? Thanks.
Advert
Old 03-11-2013, 12:26 AM   #18
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
(E) then plug into computer, check for that flag on user storage.

**DO NOT** try options 3 or 4!
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 12:34 AM   #19
szfisher
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
(E) then plug into computer, check for that flag on user storage.

**DO NOT** try options 3 or 4!
I remembered I had formatted FAT by selecting (O), like following...

INFO:Formatting userstore
INFO:Loading original MBR from /dev/mmcblk0p4 ...
INFO:maximizing partition 2797552 sectors
/dev/mmcblk0p4:
CHS=4/16/43712 size=1432354816 bytes
flag type first last lba first lba size
Partition p1:
0x00 0x0b 16 <large> 16 2797552
CHS: 0/1/1 - <large>
Partition p2:
Partition p3:
Partition p4:
INFO:Writing out partition table to /dev/mmcblk0p4
INFO:Wrote MBR to /dev/mmcblk0p4
/dev/mmcblk0p4:
CHS=4/16/43712 size=1432354816 bytes
flag type first last lba first lba size
Partition p1:
0x00 0x0b 16 <large> 16 2797552
CHS: 0/1/1 - <large>
Partition p2:
Partition p3:
Partition p4:
INFO:Setup loop device /dev/loop0 for /dev/mmcblk0p4 + 8192
INFO:executing: /bin/mkdosfs -F 32 -s 16 -B 4 -P 1044480 -n Kindle -v /dev/loop0
mkdosfs 2.11-lab126-klibc (28 Apr 2008)
Loop device does not match a floppy size, using default hd params
/dev/loop0 has 64 heads and 32 sectors per track,
logical sector size is 512,
using 0xf8 media descriptor, with 2797552 sectors;
file system has 2 32-bit FATs and 16 sectors per cluster.
FAT size is 1365 sectors, and provides 174676 clusters.
Volume ID is 0009f54e, volume label Kindle .

Syncing ...
Charge: 100% [################################################## ########]
Old 03-11-2013, 08:19 PM   #20
szfisher
Enthusiast

Thank all of you!, I finally unbrick my KPW last night.
I cleared boot counter by following rastik's step and unbrick my KPW.

- attach serial cable
- boot
- immediately after restart enter any key to stop autoboot
- enter "bist" and then "fastboot"
- via fastboot tool flash data and diags partitions on PC(windows or linux), img files is here: http://snipurl.com/debrick
- reboot
- immediately after restart enter any key to stop autoboot
- enter "run bootargs_diags ; bootm 0xE41000" to boot to diags
- get login prompy (menu "D) Exit, Reboot or Disable Diags" and then "L) Exit to login prompt")
- login as root (password:fiona2bc)
- enter "echo 0 > /var/local/upstart/lab126_gui.restarts"
- reboot
- after a while, press Enter to enter Recovery Menu
- select "E. Export FAT partition" to export U disk
- copy update_kindle_5.3.1.bin to U disk.
- press 1 to back Recovery Menu
- select "U. Update using update*.bin file on FAT partition" to update root partition.
- select "Q. quit" to boot

OK! My KPW is unbricked!

Last edited by szfisher; 03-11-2013 at 10:53 PM.
Advert
Old 03-11-2013, 09:46 PM   #21
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
If you can, please add this information to https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kindle_Touch_Hacking at the appropriate position (=where you see fit) , so it doesn't get lost - thanks!

twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 03:35 AM   #22
lzsph
lzsph began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Angry kindle paperwhite serial port recovery error

Hey guys,

Yesterday, I tried to unbrick my kindle paperwhite (frozen in the tree scene) using serial port connection.

At first, I entered the recovery menu,
1. entered "E. Export FAT partition" and copied a update_kindle_5.3.1.bin file to kindle,
2. selected "1" to return to recovery menu,
3. U. Update using update*.bin file on FAT partition

It appeared that the update process went quite well. When I re-started kindle, still the same problem.

Then I did something very stupid:
Step 1. "4. Erase MMC0" (I didn't read this thread before, in this thread knc1 said DO NOT try option 3 or 4),
Step 2. "I. Initialize Partition Table (fdisk) and format FAT",
Step 3. "E. Export FAT partition" and copied a update_kindle_5.3.1.bin file to kindle,
Step 4. "U. Update using update*.bin file on FAT partition"

Now the problem still exists, and I can't enter the recovery menu. The info in the terminal window has been attached. And I couldn't even enter any letters.

It might to copy a main kernel image to the mmc (according to geekmaster here), but I don't how to do this.

Would you mind giving me some tips?
P.S. I used serial port connection, please provide some solutions using this method. Thanks.

Regards,
lzsph
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	kpw.png
Views:	650
Size:	63.1 KB
ID:	108164  
lzsph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 08:38 AM   #23
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Watch both the USB cable and the Wifi - - -
See if uboot is issuing discovery commands to load a network-boot kernel.
(It **should**, but there is never any telling what the crew at lab126 has changed.)

I.E: This is going to be a lot easier to fix running under Linux than running under uboot.

Unlike some menu entry labels - "erase MMC" does exactly that.
(Plus, in some firmware versions, re-installs uboot.)

Sure do hope you have a copy of the "Device and Owner Specific" data stored in the eMMC outside of the file systems.
Just getting it to boot again is only the start of your problems.

Meanwhile - start looking for the contact information of Amazon Customer Service. You may be returning this device as "broke" for exchange.

Last edited by knc1; 07-12-2013 at 08:43 AM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote