Notices

Old 01-24-2010, 03:02 PM   #1
rainbowworrier
Frazzled
rainbowworrier began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook Pro 603
Calibre hangs on "Get list of books on device"

Hello all,

I have a Hanlin V3 and I used to use Calibre to put my books and periodicals on it. Since about version 6.21 I haven't been able to use it for uploads or downloads to the device. As soon as I plug in my Hanlin Calibre tries to do the job "Get list of books on device". It gets to 100% and then hangs, seemingly indefinitely.

Presumably other Hanlin users aren't hitting this problem, so maybe it's something I can fix if I only knew how?
rainbowworrier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 04:00 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowworrier View Post
Hello all,

I have a Hanlin V3 and I used to use Calibre to put my books and periodicals on it. Since about version 6.21 I haven't been able to use it for uploads or downloads to the device. As soon as I plug in my Hanlin Calibre tries to do the job "Get list of books on device". It gets to 100% and then hangs, seemingly indefinitely.

Presumably other Hanlin users aren't hitting this problem, so maybe it's something I can fix if I only knew how?
Do you have an SD card installed?
My V5 (EZReader) hits the 100% mark after checking just the Main Memory. It continues to run 5+ Minutes (650 books) on the SD card, no Meta-data enabled before it finishes for real.
It would be nice if the second storage device was detected, that the progress be divided between them.

Last edited by theducks; 01-25-2010 at 10:21 AM. Reason: fix run together word
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-25-2010, 04:17 AM   #3
rainbowworrier
Frazzled
rainbowworrier began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook Pro 603
ahhh.....I have a 2 gig SD card and there's a LOT of stuff on it. I guess it's just taking longer and longer to check.

I'll try leaving it for longer. The trouble is my PC is so slow that Calibre ties up all its resources, so I would need to start it and then go and have a bath or something ;-)

Thanks for reply!
rainbowworrier is offline   Reply With Quote