Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > Android Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-07-2015, 02:55 PM   #301
diegoocampo
Connoisseur
diegoocampo can illuminate an eclipsediegoocampo can illuminate an eclipsediegoocampo can illuminate an eclipsediegoocampo can illuminate an eclipsediegoocampo can illuminate an eclipsediegoocampo can illuminate an eclipsediegoocampo can illuminate an eclipsediegoocampo can illuminate an eclipsediegoocampo can illuminate an eclipsediegoocampo can illuminate an eclipsediegoocampo can illuminate an eclipse

Device: PocketBook Inkpad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randall4 View Post
New version of Alreader mod by Mike Sinkovsky.
Hi, I've been trying this and it is, in my opinion, by far the best ebook Reader app I can try on my T62+. Could you grab by a chance the last version? from 05/02/2015? (download is down in the original source: http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?s=&sh...ost&p=39864213)

I have one major issue with this now: I can't set the option "settings complexity" to Proffesional. I need this to activate the 4 profiles and be able to use the white on black profile (which I prefer for reading at night). In the original app, the one in Google Play, it works correctly but i have some other downsides of course (like no screen flush each 5 pages).

Last edited by diegoocampo; 05-07-2015 at 04:46 PM.
diegoocampo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 05:05 PM   #302
Ranomez
Enthusiast
Ranomez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranomez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranomez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranomez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranomez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranomez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranomez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranomez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranomez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranomez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranomez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Wayteq xBook-60fl
Quote:
Originally Posted by diegoocampo View Post
Hi, I've been trying this and it is, in my opinion, by far the best ebook Reader app I can try on my T62+. Could you grab by a chance the last version? from 05/02/2015? (download is down in the original source: http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?s=&sh...ost&p=39864213)

I have one major issue with this now: I can't set the option "settings complexity" to Proffesional. I need this to activate the 4 profiles and be able to use the white on black profile (which I prefer for reading at night). In the original app, the one in Google Play, it works correctly but i have some other downsides of course (like no screen flush each 5 pages).
Here you go.
Attached Files
File Type: rar AlReaderEINK.rar (4.36 MB, 504 views)
Ranomez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 08:08 AM   #303
diegoocampo
Connoisseur
diegoocampo can illuminate an eclipsediegoocampo can illuminate an eclipsediegoocampo can illuminate an eclipsediegoocampo can illuminate an eclipsediegoocampo can illuminate an eclipsediegoocampo can illuminate an eclipsediegoocampo can illuminate an eclipsediegoocampo can illuminate an eclipsediegoocampo can illuminate an eclipsediegoocampo can illuminate an eclipsediegoocampo can illuminate an eclipse

Device: PocketBook Inkpad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranomez View Post
Here you go.
Thanks! It fixes the profiles thing

Do you know if there is any way to take notes on AlReader? I'd like to be able to make notes about the characters and places that appear in the books!
diegoocampo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 09:03 AM   #304
nhedgehog
Guru
nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EnergySistemEreaderPro, Nook STG, Pocketbook 622, Bookeen Cybooks ...
google translated manual
nhedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 10:22 AM   #305
hob
Connoisseur
hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: none
As I described in these 2 posts:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...91#post3098891
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...05#post3098905

It seems like the ADB files and Rooting methods here don't work with "Energy Sistem eReader Pro+"'s firmware which is the same device as Boyue T62+ model-name T62D.

I had no problem rooting my T62+ by these instructions before, but I've not been able to make ADB to detect the eReader Pro+ even after forcing it into recovery mode (or whatever it is called) to allow Windows to detect it as Rockchip device!

UPDATE: YESS! Got it working by enabling the "Developer Options" menu which is hidden on these devices and then allowing USB debugging" there!

To unhide Developer Options go to "Settings > About device (or eReader info) > and tap "Build Number" ~7 times!

Last edited by hob; 05-09-2015 at 11:18 AM.
hob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 05:08 AM   #306
philtch
philtch began at the beginning.

Device: Boyue T62D
Quote:
Originally Posted by hob View Post
As I described in these 2 posts:

To unhide Developer Options go to "Settings > About device (or eReader info) > and tap "Build Number" ~7 times!
Did you need to have a custom launcher installed to access the "Build Number" section of the developer options? I couldn't see it on my device.
philtch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 05:52 AM   #307
Ranomez
Enthusiast
Ranomez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranomez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranomez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranomez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranomez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranomez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranomez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranomez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranomez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranomez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranomez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Wayteq xBook-60fl
Quote:
Originally Posted by philtch View Post
Did you need to have a custom launcher installed to access the "Build Number" section of the developer options? I couldn't see it on my device.
I don't know how the ROM you are on works but I am on the C67ML ROM and the Settings shortcut on the home screen opens a "simplified" version of settings, to see the "About device" menu in settings you have to open it from within the app drawer, hope this helps.
Ranomez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 01:29 PM   #308
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Quote:
Originally Posted by hob View Post

Quote:
Build number is not in developer options - see first quote. After unhiding developer options, I needed to use Any Cut to access developer options.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 04:14 PM   #309
hob
Connoisseur
hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: none
Quote:
It's here on my device:

Settings

About Device (eReader Info on Energy Sistem)

Build Number

Tap on it about 4-7 times until it shows a pop-up message that says "you're a developer now" or something like that!

After that if you go back to the previous menu, you should see a new link to "Developer Options" menu like the second screenshot above in which you should then enable "USB Debugging" to make the Rockchip Device show up in your computer to then install ADB driver and root or flash or whatever.

P.S.: I also noticed that tapping a few times on "Model Number" opens a testing environment for different hardwares on the device and tapping a few times on "Android Version" shows a page in which there are lots of Jelly Beans that you can move around with your fingers!

Last edited by hob; 05-14-2015 at 04:38 PM.
hob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 11:08 AM   #310
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Moderator Notice

Please take a few moments to read our Posting Guidelines, in particular the part about the maximum image size allowed (600x600 pixels). Images that violate those guidelines will be deleted.

Thanks.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 04:48 PM   #311
philtch
philtch began at the beginning.

Device: Boyue T62D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
Build number is not in developer options - see first quote. After unhiding developer options, I needed to use Any Cut to access developer options.
Sorry for the delayed response, I have some problems with the Human Verification text on this site.

Thanks for the help. I found the option. Nothing seems to happen when I click on it repeatedly. I can see an entry for it in Any Cut, but the app force closes when I click OK.

I have a Boyue-T62D (unrooted) running stock rom Build number V1.1.1-2015040111

Anyways I'll keep trying when I get some more free time and post results here.

Thanks again.

Last edited by philtch; 05-19-2015 at 04:52 PM.
philtch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 06:30 AM   #312
crt
Enthusiast
crt is a glorious beacon of lightcrt is a glorious beacon of lightcrt is a glorious beacon of lightcrt is a glorious beacon of lightcrt is a glorious beacon of lightcrt is a glorious beacon of lightcrt is a glorious beacon of lightcrt is a glorious beacon of lightcrt is a glorious beacon of lightcrt is a glorious beacon of lightcrt is a glorious beacon of light

Device: kindle keyboard, PocketBook Pro 912 (black), T62D with Gonyx
Hi all. I have a strange problem using a Boyue T62+ (T62D).
After updating to the most recent firmware (May 2015), I took the little sdcard out by mistake, without removing the T62+ from the USB connection with my PC (and after finishing copying files to the inserted sdcard).
After rebooting, the Boyue can see that there are two storage areas, their size and free space, but the 'Books' and 'File Manager' applications cannot see the actual contents (the latter momentarily shows the top-level directories and presents nothing).
The same happened after I used the 1st message of this thread to put the old firmware for recovery purposes or the Energy Star one. Also the same with another sdcard.
I installed ES File Manager/Explorer and this one does read the contents of the sdcard and everything works OK with it, but it is not the default application for this purpose and cannot load a different firmware with the 'update.zip' method.
I have also tried deleting for every application its cache and data, but still the same problem.
Any suggestions?
crt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 03:00 PM   #313
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Quote:
Originally Posted by crt View Post
Hi all. I have a strange problem using a Boyue T62+ (T62D).
After updating to the most recent firmware (May 2015), I took the little sdcard out by mistake, without removing the T62+ from the USB connection with my PC (and after finishing copying files to the inserted sdcard).
After rebooting, the Boyue can see that there are two storage areas, their size and free space, but the 'Books' and 'File Manager' applications cannot see the actual contents (the latter momentarily shows the top-level directories and presents nothing).
The same happened after I used the 1st message of this thread to put the old firmware for recovery purposes or the Energy Star one. Also the same with another sdcard.
I installed ES File Manager/Explorer and this one does read the contents of the sdcard and everything works OK with it, but it is not the default application for this purpose and cannot load a different firmware with the 'update.zip' method.
I have also tried deleting for every application its cache and data, but still the same problem.
Any suggestions?
The update.zip goes in the root directory of the internal sdcard. Can the file manager see that?
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 04:52 PM   #314
crt
Enthusiast
crt is a glorious beacon of lightcrt is a glorious beacon of lightcrt is a glorious beacon of lightcrt is a glorious beacon of lightcrt is a glorious beacon of lightcrt is a glorious beacon of lightcrt is a glorious beacon of lightcrt is a glorious beacon of lightcrt is a glorious beacon of lightcrt is a glorious beacon of lightcrt is a glorious beacon of light

As far as I can remember, I always placed the update.zip file on the external sdcard (root directory), not the 'internal' which is the 8GB nand flash memory of the device.
The device 'sees' the update.zip file on the (external) sdcard and ask whether I should allow it to perform the update. If I respond 'yes', it reboots, and after a while the android image for recovery mode is displayed (android robot fallen with a triangle including a '!' on top) and seems to remain there until I reboot/reset it pressing the corresponding (power) button.
Old 05-24-2015, 03:33 AM   #315
crt
Enthusiast

Toying more with it, I found out that when there is no card, the device can 'see' the internal sdcard contents and the external empty one. It can also read files and books.
When I mount the external card all of a sudden, there is a glimpse of these directories and nothing can be read (both from the internal and external storage). The ES file explorer is the only one that can see and read them, but if a directory has many contents it also crashes.
I tried the card in another Android device and now that one has the same behavior. I suspected it might be a virus and checked the two cards with Malware Anti-Virus but nothing came out.
Strange...

[SOLVED]
Just deleted a couple of directories with their contents (on the external card) and everything is OK now.
It seems that FAT32 has an issue with many items, many of which have long names.

Last edited by crt; 05-24-2015 at 06:27 AM.