Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 03-21-2012, 03:08 AM   #1
valancy17
valancy17 began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone
Exclamation Stanza (not Calibre) - "catalog is empty" error

I'm not a total newbie but when I searched for my problem, the answers didn't seem to apply. Feel free to set me straight, apologies if I'm wasting your time, I'm just stuck.

I use Stanza (3.2) on my iPhone 3. I usually just get books from Project Gutenberg and I rarely share books between my MacBook & Stanza. But yesterday when I tried to get books, I got a message saying "catalog is empty."

Most of the answers I found mention Calibre but that's an unfamiliar term to me & I don't think I'm using it. I use the Stanza application on my laptop & phone. Correct me if I'm wrong but I gather I'd have had to install Calibre separately...

I was able to share an ebook between the desktop app & my pho, so it's not totally dysfunctional, but can anyone tell me how to get the Stanza catalog back on my phone?

FYI I also have these eBooks reading apps installed: iBooks, Kindle, nook, Overdrive & Bluefire. I wish I could use Stanza for everything, though.

Thanks for your time & patience,
Melissa
valancy17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 09:48 AM   #2
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Don't use the Catalogs tab in Stanza. That links to the Lexcycle website which has been taken offline since around November 2011. Instead go to the Shared tab and manually add book feeds there using Edit >> Add Book Source.

Here are some common sources you might want to add:

Name: Project Gutenberg
URL: http://m.gutenberg.org
Type: OPDS Catalog

Name: Feedbooks
URL: http://www.feedbooks.com/catalog.atom

Name: Smashwords
URL: http://www.smashwords.com/atom
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 01:52 AM   #3
valancy17
valancy17 began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone
Thumbs up Thanks!

Thanks so much for your very helpful reply!
Peace, Melissa
valancy17 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
stanza