Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-06-2010, 07:26 PM   #1
Mrgauth
Addict
Mrgauth has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mrgauth has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mrgauth has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mrgauth has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: K3
Where is epub to kindle format in Calibre?

I cannot find it? Maybe I don't know what it is. I thought it was .prc but I cannot find that format in the output drop down. What should I be looking for?
Mrgauth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 07:28 PM   #2
JMikeD
Evangelist
JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: Various and sundry
Convert to MOBI.... that's what the Kindle uses (it's a super-set of PRC).
JMikeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-07-2010, 01:09 PM   #3
Mrgauth
Addict
Mrgauth has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mrgauth has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mrgauth has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mrgauth has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Don't see Mobi as an optionn in the output drop down either. Only choices when going from epub (input) is

fb2, lit, lrf, pdb, pdf, rb, rtf, tcr, and txt

That's it. In the upper right corner is what output you want to convert your book to and prc nor mobi is a choice. Now what?
Old 08-07-2010, 01:43 PM   #4
JMikeD
Evangelist
JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: Various and sundry
No idea. MOBI shows up a format to convert to in my copy of Calibre.

Sorry.
JMikeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 01:53 PM   #5
texasnightowl
Guru
texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, K4B(NT), K3/KK
What version of Calibre? I'm running 0.7.10 and mobi does show up as an option. Is there a plugin missing or something maybe? (I don't understand the mechanics of calibre as well as some others, but if the conversion to mobi/prc relies on a plugin that is disabled maybe that is why it doesn't show up?)
texasnightowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-07-2010, 02:53 PM   #6
Mrgauth
Addict

Version is 0713. Higher than yours but no mobi. And I am searching for a plug in but no luck so far.

Last edited by Mrgauth; 08-07-2010 at 03:00 PM.
Old 08-07-2010, 04:07 PM   #7
bjones6416
↓↓ Skirt!! Earrings!!
bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer netbook, JetBook Lite, Sony PRS-300, Kindle 2, Kindle Fire
Is there any chance that you are looking at the books on your Sony Reader, and not in your Calibre library when you're trying to convert? In that case maybe it WON'T let you convert to mobi since Sony can't read that format. Just a wild guess, but that's all I've got. I convert to Mobi all the time.
bjones6416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 01:03 AM   #8
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrgauth View Post
Don't see Mobi as an optionn in the output drop down either. Only choices when going from epub (input) is

That's it. In the upper right corner is what output you want to convert your book to and prc nor mobi is a choice. Now what?
You're missing mobi and pmlz from your output options.

If you are running Windows then I would try uninstalling Calibre then look for and delete (if they exist) the following two directories c:\program Files\calibre and c:\Program Files\calibre2. Reboot your computer. Then reinstall calibre.

As long as your library is not a sub-directory of the directories I suggested deleting then your library and your settings should remain safe.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 06:35 AM   #9
tbergman
Connoisseur
tbergman knows the square root of minus one.tbergman knows the square root of minus one.tbergman knows the square root of minus one.tbergman knows the square root of minus one.tbergman knows the square root of minus one.tbergman knows the square root of minus one.tbergman knows the square root of minus one.tbergman knows the square root of minus one.tbergman knows the square root of minus one.tbergman knows the square root of minus one.tbergman knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrgauth View Post

Calibre has always had a problem for me ever since I first started using it about a year ago. It's so trivial I haven't bothered to report it. This is on Vista and Win7.
The dropdown in the Output Format field in the convert dialog shows ... whenever the output format is 4 characters. So that's what I see for both EPUB and MOBI. I suspect this is because my font size is set to medium (125%).

See what happens if you choose the value shown between LRF and PDB.

Tom
tbergman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 08:00 AM   #10
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbergman View Post
The dropdown in the Output Format field in the convert dialog shows ... whenever the output format is 4 characters. So that's what I see for both EPUB and MOBI. I suspect this is because my font size is set to medium (125%).
That makes sense. I use WinXP have my DPI setting set to 133% (128dpi) under Display Properties - Settings - Advanced, but I also changed Font Size to large under Display Properties - Appearance.

I see both mobi and pmlz, but it might be because I also increased the font size.

So you're saying to the original poster that there is a gap in the dropdown list between lrf and pdb, select that gap even though you don't see mobi and you should be OK.

Good catch.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote