Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 08-06-2010, 05:54 AM   #1
Geppetto
Addict
Geppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS600, Cybook, Hanvon N520, Sony PRS300, Onyx Boox, Kindle 3
German Hanvon's showing a new ereader

German Hanvon website (not the English one: how strange) is showing a new ereader I've never heard of before: WISEreader B630

http://www.hanvon-deutschland.de/htm...ader_b630.html

looks like a 6" N520, in fact.

I wonder how many different models (for different markets) they made.
Geppetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 01:01 PM   #2
mikij
Connoisseur
mikij doesn't littermikij doesn't litter

Device: PRS-600
I don't understand too much, but it looks like Kindle/
mikij is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-06-2010, 02:11 PM   #3
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikij View Post
So do 82.7% of the generic no-name ebook readers made in China.
The other 17.3% look like Sony 505s.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 02:21 PM   #4
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post
What does Pokey 360 look like then?
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 03:32 PM   #5
Geppetto
Addict
Geppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS600, Cybook, Hanvon N520, Sony PRS300, Onyx Boox, Kindle 3
It's 100% their N520 with a 6" screen.

http://www.hanvon.com/en/products/eb...ucts-N520.html
Geppetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-06-2010, 04:11 PM   #6
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post
Sony 505 made in China, Kindle and Nook made in China too
Kris777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 04:16 PM   #7
Gearhead
Enthusiast
Gearhead began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX, PRS505
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikij View Post
It is probably not a Kindle as the unit pictured is showing left justified text
Gearhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 05:34 PM   #8
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...
Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650. Kobo Touch, Kindle Fire
Looks like you are limited to turning pages with your left thumb. A sore issue with me.

Poor ergodynamics.
Donnageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 05:37 PM   #9
Graham
Wizard
Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H20, Pixel 2, Samsung Chromebook Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnageddon View Post
Looks like you are limited to turning pages with your left thumb. A sore issue with me.

Poor ergodynamics.
You'll also be able to press the right arrow button in the bottom right of the keyboard. I have the Elonex-badged 5" version of this and that arrow button is in just the right place when I hold it in my right hand.

The 5" version is a pretty good machine all round, so this looks like a nice device to me.

Graham
Graham is offline   Reply With Quote