Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-04-2013, 05:39 PM   #61
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
It's interesting how many electronic things we take for granted are black in color. As I understand it black is neutral enough to go with just about any decor or something. The one example I take issue with is the case for my glucometer. If you have a low blood sugar and its the middle of the night you don't want to have to look for a dark object so you can figure out what your current blood sugar level is. It's a good choice for ereader covers though as black doesn't show dust and dirt easily either.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 05:56 PM   #62
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
Black certainly DOES show dust easily. If you don't believe it, take a look at my computer keyboard or receiver 5 minutes after I dusted it.

Still, I want (and require) all my equipment to be black. I like it that the current Kindle is black too, instead of grey. I find grey/silver to look plasticky and el-cheapo. (Yes, I know that a black version of a silver object is probably exactly as el-cheapo or expensive as the silver one.)
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-04-2013, 08:14 PM   #63
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
I prefer black electronics, too. I never got a Kindle Touch for that reason. Recently I got one (the latest update swayed me), so I have a black skin on order. It's in a black lighted case, very nice combo. That silver has to go, though.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 02:08 AM   #64
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsunami View Post
Black certainly DOES show dust easily. If you don't believe it, take a look at my computer keyboard or receiver 5 minutes after I dusted it.

Still, I want (and require) all my equipment to be black. I like it that the current Kindle is black too, instead of grey. I find grey/silver to look plasticky and el-cheapo. (Yes, I know that a black version of a silver object is probably exactly as el-cheapo or expensive as the silver one.)
I just like the color. Sleek and sexy! However keeping the PW cover clean around the outline of the PW takes some work. Right now I am using a eyebrow brush but being the germaphobe I am I try not to think what is being push between the cracks.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 08:52 AM   #65
patrickt
Wizard
patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4 X 2
I ordered my Paperwhite when they first came out but since I live in Mexico I had it shipped to my sister in the U.S. She winters in Mexico so I got my Paperwhite last Wednesday. After my sister saw my Paperwhite she ordered one.

I think the Paperwhite is fantastic. My Kindle Keyboard broke not long ago and now my Kindle Basic sits neglected on the nightstand. After spending months reading horror stories about Paperwhite coming in different screen colors, bleeding, fuzzy fonts, and the cursed shadows I was nervous. I am able to get shadows along the bottom if I use inappropriate intensity on the light but all the other horrors are absent.

I ordered the Amazon Kindle case, too. I like it. I like the automatic on/off. It just works.

I think the Paperwhite is amazing.
patrickt is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-05-2013, 12:21 PM   #66
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
I have a small white personal radio but pretty much everything else is black, my computer, my TV, MP3 player.... my Kindle 3 is in a black cover, so I clearly prefer black too. Probably explains why the PW is more attractive than the Touch, but I have to say nothing looks any better than my dark blue Sony 350 sitting in its dark blue & black case!
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 06:24 AM   #67
millydog
Connoisseur
millydog doesn't littermillydog doesn't litter

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPhone X, iPad Pro
My Paperwhite arrived yesterday. It was shipped from China to Australia and arrived in under 3 business days after I ordered it (even though Amazon's web site had said that it would ship in 2-3 weeks).

I love it. The screen is great, it looks perfect to me and I love that it is lit at night. It is the best Kindle screen that I have had. I am coming from a K3 (keyboard). I also have an iPad and use the Kindle app on it. So, I find the touchscreen to be great. The only thing that I accidentally do at the moment is tap the middle of the screen to attempt to bring up the menu, instead of tapping at the top. This is because I do that in the iPad Kindle app. So, I am sometimes advancing a page rather than displaying the menu. It shouldn't take me long to adjust, I am not complaining.

When I ordered the PW, I also ordered the cover (in purple)....and it was listed as in stock, while the PW had 2-3 weeks wait before shipping. This put a hold on shipping for my entire order and now that the PW has shipped, the rest of the items have not been 'refreshed' and shipped, they still have the 2-3 week delay that the PW had placed on the order even though they are still listed as being in stock.
millydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 05:05 PM   #68
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I hope you enjoy your new Paperwhite for a long time millydog. I got mine a few days before my slip case arrived so I can sympathize as far as having to be careful if you take it on the go with you.
Old 02-13-2013, 07:14 PM   #69
harriska2
Addict
harriska2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harriska2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harriska2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harriska2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harriska2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harriska2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harriska2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harriska2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harriska2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harriska2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harriska2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, iPad Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
(I think it's a pretty good movie even if it's not a great depiction of the books.)
Hey, I'm not the only one! Loved the books. I thought the movie was great. Book 15 was the best.

I'm just looking at this thread to see if the pay to not see adverts is still showing adverts of some variety (indirectly from what I hear).
harriska2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 04:46 AM   #70
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by harriska2 View Post
I'm just looking at this thread to see if the pay to not see adverts is still showing adverts of some variety (indirectly from what I hear).
What are you referring to?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 04:52 AM   #71
BeccaPrice
Wizard
BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, K3-3G, K4SO, KPW
Quote:
Originally Posted by harriska2 View Post
I did have some problems with adverts showing after I'd paid to have them taken off, but a call to Customer Service took care of that; they had to restore ads, then take them off again to get it to work, so it was probably just some technological glitch. I've heard of other people having a similar problem, with a similar result, but only a few.
BeccaPrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 10:17 AM   #72
crich70
Grand Sorcerer

Mine is one of the Paperwhites without special offers so I didn't have to worry about adverts popping up.