Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 09-30-2010, 06:53 AM   #1
AprilHare
Wizard
AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T2
Sony Readers available through Angus & Robertson and Borders in Australia

Yes, both Pocket Edition and Touch Edition available through A&R and Borders here in Australia! Didn't realise until I went to their website..
http://www.angusrobertson.com.au/sony-readers
http://www.borders.com.au/electronic...lver/13060542/
http://www.borders.com.au/electronic...lack/13060543/

Last edited by AprilHare; 09-30-2010 at 06:56 AM. Reason: bad speling
AprilHare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 12:47 AM   #2
Clancy_s
Zealot
Clancy_s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Clancy_s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Clancy_s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Clancy_s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Clancy_s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Clancy_s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Clancy_s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Clancy_s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Clancy_s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Clancy_s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Clancy_s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilHare View Post
Yes, both Pocket Edition and Touch Edition available through A&R and Borders here in Australia! Didn't realise until I went to their website..
http://www.angusrobertson.com.au/sony-readers
http://www.borders.com.au/electronic...lver/13060542/
http://www.borders.com.au/electronic...lack/13060543/
Me either - both my local stores have the kobo on display, no sign of the Sonys.
Clancy_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-01-2010, 12:48 AM   #3
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!
SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-900(unused lately) iPadAir2, want me Kindle Oasis
Does that mean we are out of date? now we have to get a newer reader for less money than the old one? OMG there may actually be some support on OZ!
SneakySnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 04:22 AM   #4
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
The people at Angus & Robertson store in Launceston told me that they weren't going to stock Sonys. But a nice lady in the Myers store in Launceston (who has a Sony ebook reader herself) arranged to get one in for me to see, and later got me a cover.

I don't know about Myers stores on the mainland of course, but it wouldn't hurt to ask.

Regards, Alex
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 06:50 AM   #5
PKFFW
Wizard
PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook, Sony PRS-T1, Kobo H2O
Anyone know the best price these can be gotten from OS? With our dollar expected to go above parity by the end of the year it might be worth holding off.
PKFFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-01-2010, 07:17 AM   #6
Metal Mick
Addict
Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Book, PB 302, IQ
Hi all,

not sure if it is really worthwhile buying OS on the Sonys. The 650 is USD@229 at bhphotovideo, plus around $50 shipping, plus whatever the conversion rate (including fees) is at the time. It will be marginal as to which is cheaper.

But if you buy locally, then Sony Oz will provide a warranty. Might be worthwhile just for peace of mind.

The Sony seems to be getting a reputation as a great reader, but I still lean towards others. I'll wait till the new PocketBook models are out, and perhaps the Boox X60, then decide.

Cheers,

Michael P
Metal Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 05:19 PM   #7
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paper white
I'll definitely be buying the 650 here in Australia, while there's free shipping.
lene1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 03:11 AM   #8
perilous
perilous has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Sony PRS-650
PRS-350 and PRS-650 in store at Myer

I saw both the PRS-350 and PRS-650 in store at Myer, Eastland (Ringwood, Victoria) last night. Pricing was as per the Sony website.
perilous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 03:14 AM   #9
MrPLD
Author's pet-geek
MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi, Onyx Boox M96
I wonder if they'll be dropping the price in the near future to bring them back to being relatively competitive with the new $139 K3's (We just got our K3, about $170 AUD all up - many thanks for the superb Aussie-dollar exchange rate).

Paul.
MrPLD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 03:39 AM   #10
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paper white
As far as I can see, nearly all e-readers here in Australia have dropped their prices.. Even the EcoReader.. The Australian prices were ridiculous... Now at least there are some competition.

When I first saw the Sony's prices in Australia, I was amazed... The EcoReader used to be nearly AUD500...
lene1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 04:39 AM   #11
Metal Mick
Addict
Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Book, PB 302, IQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by perilous View Post
I saw both the PRS-350 and PRS-650 in store at Myer, Eastland (Ringwood, Victoria) last night. Pricing was as per the Sony website.
Hi all,

I too, saw them at Myer's Eastland... after a fashion. Someone had attached a huge security device that almost stretched across the screen on the 650, and made its touchscreen features inoperable. Perhaps the perpetrator could be more gainfully employed in a branch of the public service.

What little I could see of the screen looked quite nice, though. The device felt nice in the hand, and feels a high-quality item.

Cheers,
Metal Mick is offline   Reply With Quote