Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 10-06-2012, 10:55 PM   #106
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
No one might have figured this out but if you someone Lends you a book through Kindle Lending or You check out a book from your Library in Kindle format you can get the companion audio book at a special price if it's Whispersync for Voice ready. You don't have to actually own the book. I admit I checked out a book just so I could get the audio book for $5. I am sure Amazon will eventually fix this but for now It works.
Oh man, thanks for that. That is the best find ever.
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 10:40 AM   #107
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPhone, Kindle Fire HD 6
Quote:
No one might have figured this out but if you someone Lends you a book through Kindle Lending or You check out a book from your Library in Kindle format you can get the companion audio book at a special price if it's Whispersync for Voice ready. You don't have to actually own the book. I admit I checked out a book just so I could get the audio book for $5. I am sure Amazon will eventually fix this but for now It works.
Do you know will it work with Audible books you already have. I had Audible years ago and have lots of books but quit a couple of years ago.
sadievan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 03:38 PM   #108
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadievan View Post
Do you know will it work with Audible books you already have. I had Audible years ago and have lots of books but quit a couple of years ago.
Yes as long as they're whispersync for voice ready I am sure it will. You can go to Audible library and look for the compatible ones.

I am almost ready to leap for a new Fire. I noticed last night my old one has a nick the size of a pixel under the glass. It might have been there since I owned it but I never saw it till I was using a booklight to shine over it last night to clean the screen in the dark. Still you know me I am worried about it. I love my KF! I use it every night.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 08:42 PM   #109
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Yes as long as they're whispersync for voice ready I am sure it will. You can go to Audible library and look for the compatible ones.

I am almost ready to leap for a new Fire. I noticed last night my old one has a nick the size of a pixel under the glass. It might have been there since I owned it but I never saw it till I was using a booklight to shine over it last night to clean the screen in the dark. Still you know me I am worried about it. I love my KF! I use it every night.
I'll have to check audible out. I really like mt KFC too. What size are you thinking of getting
Old 10-07-2012, 08:44 PM   #110
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I'll have to check audible out. I really like mt KFC too. What size are you thinking of getting
The $199 one if it's worth the upgrade.
Old 10-08-2012, 12:57 AM   #111
sadievan
Wizard

Quote:
The $199 one if it's worth the upgrade.
Is that the 7" HD model
Old 10-08-2012, 01:01 AM   #112
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Is that the 7" HD model
Yeah the 16GB version available at Best Buy.
Old 10-08-2012, 03:09 AM   #113
sadievan
Wizard

Quote:
Yeah the 16GB version available at Best Buy.
Nice.
Old 10-15-2012, 03:06 PM   #114
new
K3, K4B, KDX, KFHD, PW1&2
new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4B, KDX3G, KFHD, PW1, PW2
Quote:
So does that mean when you use Amazon prime lending library that works with an audible book? Do you have to have an audible account membership?

I have yet to use the KFHD to access the Prime lending library because it isn't intuitively obvious where you access it like it is on my Kindle DX. Where is it?
new is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 09:10 PM   #115
sadievan
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by new View Post
So does that mean when you use Amazon prime lending library that works with an audible book? Do you have to have an audible account membership?

I have yet to use the KFHD to access the Prime lending library because it isn't intuitively obvious where you access it like it is on my Kindle DX. Where is it?
I don't know. Ive never used the Prime lending library. I was asking if it would work with audible audio books I already have. If you find out anything let us know
Old 10-16-2012, 12:22 AM   #116
new
K3, K4B, KDX, KFHD, PW1&2
new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4B, KDX3G, KFHD, PW1, PW2
Quote:
I don't know. Ive never used the Prime lending library. I was asking if it would work with audible audio books I already have. If you find out anything let us know
This is from audible:
In regards to Immersion reading, you will want to purchase the Kindle version of the book first. The Audible version of the book will then be offered at a discounted price. You will then be able to use your credit or your credit card (depending on the cost ) to purchase the book.

I was asking them if I should or could buy the audible version, then buy the Kindle and that was their reply above.

I would email them with that question. But I guess you could buy a Kindle book that shows available for immersion reading that you have an audible version of and see if it works. I may try that if I have a favorite audible I might want to read.
new is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 12:54 AM   #117
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
It should work. If you don't buy it first, make sure the Audible version actually corresponds to that same exact book. Because just because it's a Tale of Two Cities, doesn't mean that all 20 readings of it will match up. It'll tell you on the Kindle page under Audible Audio Edition under the buying formats.
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 08:38 AM   #118
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Quote:

What I do is maintain a wish list on my Amazon account entitled Lending Library List. Then when I want to borrow my book of the month, I go on the device to my wish list and select a book from my list. I can do it that way on my Fire 1, I'd assume it would be the same way on the HD.

I do have to go through and make sure the book that was free for the library at the time I added it, is still free. Sometimes they are not.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 09:13 AM   #119
sadievan
Wizard

Quote:
This is from audible:
In regards to Immersion reading, you will want to purchase the Kindle version of the book first. The Audible version of the book will then be offered at a discounted price. You will then be able to use your credit or your credit card (depending on the cost ) to purchase the book.

I was asking them if I should or could buy the audible version, then buy the Kindle and that was their reply above.

I would email them with that question. But I guess you could buy a Kindle book that shows available for immersion reading that you have an audible version of and see if it works. I may try that if I have a favorite audible I might want to read.
Thanks for posting the info. Right now I have the original Fire so can't do the immersion reading. I don't even think the original Fire does the whispersync between the ebook and audio book, but I figured if I tried it I would just stop at chapters so I could sync on my own.

Carol
Old 10-16-2012, 09:14 AM   #120
sadievan
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
What I do is maintain a wish list on my Amazon account entitled Lending Library List. Then when I want to borrow my book of the month, I go on the device to my wish list and select a book from my list. I can do it that way on my Fire 1, I'd assume it would be the same way on the HD.

I do have to go through and make sure the book that was free for the library at the time I added it, is still free. Sometimes they are not.
So are you saying when you rent a book from Amazon's Prime Lending Library, you get the option for the discounted price for the Audible book??

Carol