Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Flea Market

Notices

Old 09-10-2010, 07:48 PM   #1
aeolus
aeolus began at the beginning.

Device: none
Red face e-Book reader wanted to Turkey(for max 170 $)

Hello there,

I am a university student in Turkey and want buy an e-Book reader but, because I don't have an option to find any with a fair price in my country, I wanted to open this thread. It does not matter if it is used or refurbished.

I can only pay maximum of 170 U.S. Dollars for both reader and shipping and all other extras included. Nook, Sony and Kindle 3 have priority of course. But it does not really matter.

I live in Istanbul, so you can check the shipping price to this city.

So, let me see your offers, write it here or you can send me mails to:

arconuraydin@hotmail.com

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 10-10-2010 at 07:06 AM. Reason: OP has moved.
aeolus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 08:04 PM   #2
Marcy
Guru
Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2
You can get a Kindle 3 wi-fi for $139. A priority mail flat-rate box to turkey is $43.45. So for a brand-new K3 to Turkey with a US intermediary is only $13.45 more than your maximum, at $183.45.

If you're willing to pay that much, I'm willing to send a K3 to you, since amazon won't sell to Turkey. The entire K3 box might not fit in the priority mail box, so you might need to be willing to accept it without the original packaging. The next size box is the large flat rate, but to get the package you'd have to pay an extra $12.50.

The other issue with a K3 is that you can't register it in Turkey. You need an amazon account that thinks you're elsewhere if you want to buy amazon content. If you just plan to sideload it, that shouldn't be an issue.

-Marcy
Marcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-10-2010, 08:14 PM   #3
aeolus

thanks marcy,
you are right and also it is good to buy a brand new gadhet.
it does not matter whether it has original package or not, but I can't really afford it. is there any other option make it not above 170?
(may be you find it unrational but I really can not afford it even that little difference
Old 09-10-2010, 08:38 PM   #4
Marcy
Guru
Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeolus View Post
thanks marcy,
you are right and also it is good to buy a brand new gadhet.
it does not matter whether it has original package or not, but I can't really afford it. is there any other option make it not above 170?
(may be you find it unrational but I really can not afford it even that little difference
The only option for me would be to donate the $13.45 to you as I don't own a K3, and I recently traded or gave away my K1/K2 and PRS-600.

If your $170 is hard and set, you should wait for a used Nook or Sony to come up. There should be a spate of both as the new Sonys are coming out soon and I've heard rumors of a Nook 2. There shouldn't be many K3's for sale right now, since they are so new, but K1/K2's also show up with some regularity.

You could also go for a Jetbook lite which can regular be gotten for $99 while on sale, that plus postage would be less than your target.

-Marcy
Marcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 08:50 PM   #5
aeolus

no, no donation is necessary thanks anyway for advices.
Advert
Old 09-10-2010, 10:02 PM   #6
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
I have been able to find used Kindles and Nooks for about $100 so even with the $3 shipping you can be way under budget
rcuadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 01:00 AM   #7
soondai
Guru
soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite
there's a nook for sale for 120 on this board right now. add on the 43 for shipping at it is still under 170

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98026
soondai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 02:39 AM   #8
BeTePoK
Guru
BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by soondai View Post
there's a nook for sale for 120 on this board right now. add on the 43 for shipping at it is still under 170

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98026
Seems like the reader was sold.

Quote:
Last edited by puglover333; Yesterday at 05:06 AM. Reason: item sold
UPD: sorry, my bad The covers were sold, but the reader is still available.

By the way, brand new B&N Nook from the official store will cost $149. With the shipping costs it will be about $180, I think.
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/nook/i...&cds2Pid=30197

Last edited by BeTePoK; 09-11-2010 at 02:43 AM.
BeTePoK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 09:15 AM   #9
aeolus

rcuadro, I sent you a PM. please reply me back.
Old 09-11-2010, 12:37 PM   #10
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeolus View Post
rcuadro, I sent you a PM. please reply me back.
you have a PM back. You can also caht with BeTePok if you need a reference to make sure I am not going to take your money and run
rcuadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 03:03 PM   #11
BeTePoK
Guru
BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcuadro View Post
you have a PM back. You can also caht with BeTePok if you need a reference to make sure I am not going to take your money and run
I could second that!
Robert is an extremely good person, honest and helpful You can deal with him without any doubts and be sure that your money in safe. He helped me to buy ereader many times, and weren't any single problem. I can guarantee he is 100% honest person
BeTePoK is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
reader, ship, turkey