Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > Offline > Kindle Books (offline)

Notices

Old 07-22-2009, 08:52 PM   #1
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Sayers, Dorothy L: The Unpleasantness at the Bellona Club, v1, 23 July 2009

Dorothy L. Sayers (1893–1957)
The Unpleasantness at the Bellona Club (1928)

General Fentiman is found dead at the Bellona Club. Members telephone his sister, only to find that she too is dead. Lord Peter Wimsey is asked to investigate. Can it be that some bounder has killed the General on Armistice Day? And why are his sons behaving so suspiciously?
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 10:11 AM   #2
Rwetmore
Rwetmore began at the beginning.

Device: Palm TX
Thank you ever-so-much for digitalizing all of these Dorothy Sayers books. I live in Pakistan and even though I have a wealth of 19th century classics I can read, it's nice to break the monotony with Lord Peter!
Rwetmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-24-2009, 05:24 PM   #3
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It's a pleasure, Rwetmore. And welcome to the forum.
Old 09-25-2009, 09:15 PM   #4
CharlieBird
¿Huh?
CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HiSense A7 CC, Fire HD6, Kobo Libra2
I recently finished a September Book Club nomination Murder Must Advertise (much enjoyed her "take" on the advertising industry), so will go with another Sayers' to postpone (again) tackling your Wittgenstein, Tractatus Logico.

Which is your favorite Lord Peter Wimsey novel? I just started her Lost Tools of Learning, another Patricia contribution.

In fact, it's about time I did the karma thing since I've downloaded many of your much appreciated contributions.
d
CharlieBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 05:02 AM   #5
Patricia
Reader

Thank you CharlieBird. My favourite is probably either Murder Must Advertise, or Gaudy Night; but it depends what mood I'm in. I'm glad that people are enjoying them.
Advert
Old 10-04-2009, 03:28 AM   #6
basschick
Wizard
basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
murder must advertise or gaudy night for me, also although i wouldn't recommend gaudy night without reading the rest of the books with harriet in them first.

btw, thanks Patricia!

Last edited by basschick; 10-04-2009 at 03:49 AM.
basschick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 08:55 AM   #7
Patricia
Reader

Thanks, basschick!

Tags
crime, detective, murder, mystery, poison