Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 02-23-2012, 09:38 AM   #16
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
Originally Posted by devl82 View Post
He means black M92, not black pen for it
The black version of M92 will be available at the end of March.
I could activate preordering in our shop for this model if you want.
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 05:47 PM   #17
LovePlanetEarth
Connoisseur
LovePlanetEarth began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox M92 Black (Finally!!!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
He means black M92, not black pen for it
The black version of M92 will be available at the end of March.
I could activate preordering in our shop for this model if you want.
First of all , "he" is actually SHE

Second... Is "end of March" for sure? Because in some other thread you've mentioned that Onyx needs something like 1000 orders (worldwide) before they start to produce M92 in Black... Did I get it wrong?

If it is for sure then YES, please!!! activate preordering!!! Hope to be the first in the line!!!

LovePlanetEarth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-24-2012, 06:32 AM   #18
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovePlanetEarth View Post
First of all , "he" is actually SHE

Second... Is "end of March" for sure? Because in some other thread you've mentioned that Onyx needs something like 1000 orders (worldwide) before they start to produce M92 in Black... Did I get it wrong?

If it is for sure then YES, please!!! activate preordering!!! Hope to be the first in the line!!!

Excuse me for "HE", my lady

Yes, we did it! Together with another distributer we have ordered the MOQ and now we got the confirmation for delivery time line for black M92.
Old 02-24-2012, 04:59 PM   #19
Zetmolm
Guru
Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Touch (622), PocketBook Touch Lux 2, Pocketbook Touch HD 3
Icarus announced a new reader today, the eXceL, which to all appearances is a rebranded black Onyx Boox M92. See http://www.icarusreader.com/. Estimated delivery date: March 1st.
The company is based in the Netherlands and ships Europe-wide.
Zetmolm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 08:55 PM   #20
PF4Mobile
Guru
PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Kobo Touch, Nook Touch, EEE 800 Note, Entourage PE, finally M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetmolm View Post
Icarus announced a new reader today, the eXceL, which to all appearances is a rebranded black Onyx Boox M92. See http://www.icarusreader.com/. Estimated delivery date: March 1st.
The company is based in the Netherlands and ships Europe-wide.
Are they going to run the same OS or develop their own?

To be honest with you it would be great news to find out that they are running a different OS on the same hardware. That would give us a second option!
PF4Mobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-24-2012, 11:29 PM   #21
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
there is usually some "tailoring" of the branded version's firmware. there have been instances where they were not compatible on the 6 inch models but for the most part were. generally the onyx branded ones get updates faster/sooner than the branded version but having that branded usually means glitches get fixed quicker
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 03:26 AM   #22
LovePlanetEarth
Connoisseur

Quote:
Excuse me for "HE", my lady
That's ok it wasn't informing everyone of my gender...

Quote:
Yes, we did it! Together with another distributer we have ordered the MOQ and now we got the confirmation for delivery time line for black M92.
Wow!!! Awesome!! Finally

Great job, Booxtor!!! You're amasing!

I WANT to PRE-ORDER a Black M92!!!
Old 02-25-2012, 02:35 PM   #23
Booxtor
Booxtor

Quote:
Originally Posted by PF4Mobile View Post
Are they going to run the same OS or develop their own?

To be honest with you it would be great news to find out that they are running a different OS on the same hardware. That would give us a second option!
Weird. They are selling ereader and cover separately (or as a more expensive bundle).
And the software (except of some new backgrounds) seem to be the same..

Last edited by Booxtor; 02-25-2012 at 03:11 PM.
Old 02-25-2012, 06:55 PM   #24
Zetmolm
Guru
Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Touch (622), PocketBook Touch Lux 2, Pocketbook Touch HD 3
Selling the reader without a cover is not without precedent; it is also what BeBook did with the 6" Onyx models.

I'm 99.99% sure that the software is the same.
Zetmolm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 10:33 AM   #25
not3nor4
just because
not3nor4 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Touch, Onyx Boox M92
ICARUS eXceL looks really promising...I haven't been able to find any reviews to confirm whether it has the default, generic firmware from Onyx...perhaps someone would want to start a new thread so we can keep track?

@Booxtor Why is the black M92 slightly more expensive than the white one (but then again those 5 extra Euros are well spent if you ask me!)
not3nor4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 11:13 AM   #26
Booxtor
Booxtor

Quote:
Originally Posted by not3nor4 View Post
ICARUS eXceL looks really promising...I haven't been able to find any reviews to confirm whether it has the default, generic firmware from Onyx...perhaps someone would want to start a new thread so we can keep track?

@Booxtor Why is the black M92 slightly more expensive than the white one (but then again those 5 extra Euros are well spent if you ask me!)

Except of the logo there is no difference to original M92. Clear case of rebranding.

I think this offer just confuses customer

Black M92 is not slightly more expensive - M92 White is slightly cheaper now.
We have just a little reduced the price of M92 White (sale)

In any case we have a better offer

At the same time we got better conditions by DHL and could reduce shipping prices (30% less now)

Last edited by Booxtor; 02-27-2012 at 11:23 AM.
Old 02-28-2012, 08:07 PM   #27
xxtraloud
Connoisseur
xxtraloud can extract oil from cheesexxtraloud can extract oil from cheesexxtraloud can extract oil from cheesexxtraloud can extract oil from cheesexxtraloud can extract oil from cheesexxtraloud can extract oil from cheesexxtraloud can extract oil from cheesexxtraloud can extract oil from cheese

Device: DX
when is the m92 price gonna drop to say 300USD? Maybe 6 months?
right now it's way over my budget, and there are none on the second hand market.
how many m92 have you sold so far?

Last edited by xxtraloud; 02-28-2012 at 08:14 PM.
xxtraloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 08:28 PM   #28
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
there will be something new out before it drops below 300
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 09:01 PM   #29
PF4Mobile
Guru
PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Kobo Touch, Nook Touch, EEE 800 Note, Entourage PE, finally M92
It will probably drop when there will be a similar device for around 300$ or Onyx comes out with a new and better device
PF4Mobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 06:47 AM   #30
LovePlanetEarth
Connoisseur

I'm having troubles with Verified by Visa, so have to arrange an alternative way of payment...
Luckily I have time, as the shipment is only in March...