Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

View Poll Results: Which cloud service are you preferring?
Amazon Web Services 11 11.96%
iCloud 6 6.52%
DropBox 53 57.61%
Sugarsync 7 7.61%
Skydrive 2 2.17%
Did I miss your one? Don't forget to submit a reply! 13 14.13%
Voters: 92. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-05-2012, 01:30 PM   #76
Daithi
Publishers are evil!
Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various Kindles
I really like having Amazon keep the ebook, apps, mp3, and streaming movies in their cloud. This way the files are accessible no matter which device I may be using at the time, but I can also store those same files locally as well.

I just wish Amazon would let me upload my own files to this cloud. I'd even be willing to pay them a reasonable amount. This would actually be a great Amazon Prime feature -- anyone from Amazon listening?
Daithi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 01:57 PM   #77
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daithi View Post
I really like having Amazon keep the ebook, apps, mp3, and streaming movies in their cloud. This way the files are accessible no matter which device I may be using at the time, but I can also store those same files locally as well.

I just wish Amazon would let me upload my own files to this cloud. I'd even be willing to pay them a reasonable amount. This would actually be a great Amazon Prime feature -- anyone from Amazon listening?
Amazon does let you upload your own files to your Cloud. You get 5GB free and then they have paid plans. The only problem is you have to use your browser to download some files. Music uploaded goes to the Music player but other files have to be downloaded.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-05-2012, 03:40 PM   #78
spindlegirl
Wizard
spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra h20, Paperwhite 2017, Phone & Tablet w Moonreader
I just discovered Drop Box not long ago as my husband had been using one on his work account, so he added me (and got the bonus space) and himself (his personal space), and I am finding it to be ok.

It's nice to find some of my books on there and access them.
spindlegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 05:59 PM   #79
Daithi
Publishers are evil!
Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Amazon does let you upload your own files to your Cloud. You get 5GB free and then they have paid plans. The only problem is you have to use your browser to download some files. Music uploaded goes to the Music player but other files have to be downloaded.
Thanks for the info. The part I like about Amazon's Cloud is that I can view all my ebooks that are in the cloud on my Kindle. When it comes to my Kindle Fire I can view apps, music, and pretty much everything else. If I had to use my browser to view them it wouldn't be quite as useful -- I'd have to look in a different spot so an extra step or two, plus something I'd have to remember to do, and I was born with the lazy gene. Still it would probably be worth just uploading my music (or at least some it).
Daithi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 07:26 PM   #80
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daithi View Post
Thanks for the info. The part I like about Amazon's Cloud is that I can view all my ebooks that are in the cloud on my Kindle. When it comes to my Kindle Fire I can view apps, music, and pretty much everything else. If I had to use my browser to view them it wouldn't be quite as useful -- I'd have to look in a different spot so an extra step or two, plus something I'd have to remember to do, and I was born with the lazy gene. Still it would probably be worth just uploading my music (or at least some it).
I use Dropbox for everything but my music on my Kindle Fire. I have unlimited space for Music on my Amazon Cloud. You can add your Dropbox to ES File Explorer and grab files that way. Now that's lazy.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
cloud, data, data in the cloud, documents in the cloud, library, mobile, online storage, personal, virtual storage