Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 01-06-2014, 12:32 PM   #451
20LEgend
Connoisseur
20LEgend began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3
Hi, don't know if this post is still manned. Just DL 1.18 version. I want to install the duplicate finder. I followed your instructions, pref>plug-ins>get new plug-ins, but I don't see the duplicate finder.
I DL the file independently but Calibre doesn't seem to see it.
Any advice please?
20LEgend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 12:49 PM   #452
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20LEgend View Post
Hi, don't know if this post is still manned. Just DL 1.18 version. I want to install the duplicate finder. I followed your instructions, pref>plug-ins>get new plug-ins, but I don't see the duplicate finder.
I DL the file independently but Calibre doesn't seem to see it.
Any advice please?
Independent downloads must be installed using Preferences: Plugins: load Plug In from File (button), Then you need to place the Icon onto toolbar(s) for use DO NOT UNZIP

Since this is a 'Standard (MR plugin indexed)', the 'Get Plugins' on the Preferences (MENU) does all the work. All you have to do is tell it where to put the icon

In both case, a Calibre restart is needed

Last edited by theducks; 01-06-2014 at 12:50 PM. Reason: note added
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-06-2014, 04:13 PM   #453
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Suggestion: sort the User Plug-ins - Not installed list with a left click on Plug-in Name column header, then it'll be easier to find it - by default the list is sorted on latest to earliest Release Date.

The plug-in name is "Find Duplicates" so you should find it in the 'F's. If its not there then you probably already have it, change the filter to Installed to see what you have.

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 12:35 AM   #454
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
As BetterRed pointed out it is called Find Duplicates sort your list and take a second look. If you don't see it under the uninstalled list change the dropdown to view the Installed Plugins maybe you already installed this plugin.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 02:24 PM   #455
20LEgend
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
Suggestion: sort the User Plug-ins - Not installed list with a left click on Plug-in Name column header, then it'll be easier to find it - by default the list is sorted on latest to earliest Release Date.

The plug-in name is "Find Duplicates" so you should find it in the 'F's. If its not there then you probably already have it, change the filter to Installed to see what you have.

BR
BetterRed, I really appreciate your help but I can't follow your instructions. I went to Preferences>Change Calibre Behaviour>Plug-ins (under Advanced), is that correct so far? After that I am lost.
Advert
Old 01-07-2014, 02:36 PM   #456
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
BetterRed, I really appreciate your help but I can't follow your instructions. I went to Preferences>Change Calibre Behaviour>Plug-ins (under Advanced), is that correct so far? After that I am lost.
No
The Preferences MENU has 4 items on the list.
You want the 3rd item. you will get a small form, NOT the BIG preferences (settings) form
Then the instructions should work
Old 01-07-2014, 02:56 PM   #457
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
@20LEgend - Try following the instructions in the attached screen captures (1->2->3->4)

You may have to scroll the last list to get to Find Duplicates

Hope that helps

Cheers BR
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture1.JPG
Views:	323
Size:	97.4 KB
ID:	117683   Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture2.JPG
Views:	334
Size:	80.7 KB
ID:	117684   Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture3.JPG
Views:	336
Size:	182.2 KB
ID:	117685   Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture4.JPG
Views:	331
Size:	186.6 KB
ID:	117686  
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 07:10 PM   #458
20LEgend
Connoisseur

Done it! Thanks for all the help, guys. BetterRed, you went above and beyond. Major thanks to you.
Old 01-10-2014, 11:15 AM   #459
LadyKate
Fanatic
LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: android 4 (samsung tablet and asus tablet)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post
Toggle the third icon to the right of the search bar. This icon determines if you highlight searches or show only items in the search.
Back to highlighted. I am now up to 1.19 and noticed that in the last couple of releases I can't find the icon to determine if I highlight or show only items.

I'm at a loss on how to change the way searches and selections from the tag browser are displayed.
LadyKate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 11:28 AM   #460
LadyKate
Fanatic
LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

So sorry. I found how to do it. Had not thought to look under searching change it. LOL

I guess I lost the button on one of the updates
Old 01-10-2014, 11:29 AM   #461
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyKate View Post
Back to highlighted. I am now up to 1.19 and noticed that in the last couple of releases I can't find the icon to determine if I highlight or show only items.

I'm at a loss on how to change the way searches and selections from the tag browser are displayed.
was changed in 1.11
Code:
Remove the button to toggle search result highlighting from next to the search bar, as too many people click it accidentally and then do not realize what they have done, despite the confirmation message that pops up. The button can be restored via Preferences->Searching
Old 01-11-2014, 08:23 PM   #462
LadyKate
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
was changed in 1.11
Code:
Remove the button to toggle search result highlighting from next to the search bar, as too many people click it accidentally and then do not realize what they have done, despite the confirmation message that pops up. The button can be restored via Preferences->Searching
Lol, so I've been through 8 updates and have used duplicate search. That must be a record.
Old 01-28-2014, 11:55 AM   #463
mirikbb
mirikbb began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Cross library compare enhancement

Hello,

thanx a lot for great plugin.

Would it be possible to implement option "When doing a Binary Compare, automatically remove duplicate formats" onto cross library binary compare, the same way as it si for duplicate search?

Thank you very much.

M.
mirikbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 06:08 AM   #464
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
@mirikbb - I will put that on the consideration list for a future release. Thanks for the suggestion. One problem that comes to mind off the top of my head is knowing which library to actually remove the binary format from... the source library or the target?
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 01:34 PM   #465
mirikbb
mirikbb began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
At first I was thinking about source library only, but now, when you mentioned that I have maybe more choices, I vote for both. :-)
Would that be prossible to add selection for library where the duplicate should be deleted as configurable item?

Thank you very very much.
mirikbb is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cross library duplicates, in library duplicates