Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 10-16-2012, 07:46 PM   #1336
Synamon
Lunatic
Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite and Keyboard, Kobo Aura, iPad mini, iPod Touch
Just a heads up, some users are finding themselves opted in for Quick Buy on Kobo's website, which skips the screen that gives you the option to add a promo code. Link to the thread about this in the Kobo subforum. You can opt out in your account settings.
Synamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 08:27 PM   #1337
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1, PW5, iPhone SE 2016, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Pro 2021
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synamon View Post
Just a heads up, some users are finding themselves opted in for Quick Buy on Kobo's website, which skips the screen that gives you the option to add a promo code. Link to the thread about this in the Kobo subforum. You can opt out in your account settings.
Thank you! I've updated my account to opt out.
Loosheesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 11:13 AM   #1338
Blue2u
Wizard
Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synamon View Post
Thank you Synamon for the heads up, very appreciated!

Quite angered to see that yes, you can opt out, but they want confirmation of full name and birthdate to do it! WTH?
As I posted in that original thread, if it weren't for the occasional 'coupon code' I'd just give all my business to Amazon or even Sony. I'm starting to lose my patience with Kobobooks all together!
Blue2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 02:27 PM   #1339
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue2u View Post
Thank you Synamon for the heads up, very appreciated!

Quite angered to see that yes, you can opt out, but they want confirmation of full name and birthdate to do it! WTH?
As I posted in that original thread, if it weren't for the occasional 'coupon code' I'd just give all my business to Amazon or even Sony. I'm starting to lose my patience with Kobobooks all together!
You need to put SOMETHING in the boxes, but all I put in were my initials, and the system accepted it. It had a birthdate already that bore no relationship whatsoever to my actual birthdate, and I just left that as is.

I add my thanks for the heads-up!
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 10:34 AM   #1340
llcj
Addict
llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Re: Kobo Quick Buy

If you uncheck the box in the Quick Buy pop-up, you will be opted out without having to provide any details. This is what I did. I wasn't certain if it would change the account settings so immediately after unchecking the pop-up box I checked my account and it had indeed changed my purchase option to no Quick Buy. I played around a bit - logged out and in, etc. - to make sure my choice was permanent and it was.
llcj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 04:18 PM   #1341
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
So, it's like one click on Amazon, I guess.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 05:12 PM   #1342
artifact
Addict
artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: jetBook (RIP), Kobo Touch
90% off!

Opening up Kobo Desktop for the 2.1.15 update I am presented with:

Get 90% off, enter 90BK at checkout.

Listed books (no idea if its only these books):
Witches of East End, Melissa de la Cruz
Hidden Summit, Robyn Carr
Legion, Brandon Sanderson
The Agency: A Spy in the House, Y. S. Lee
Across the Hall, NM Facile
Onyx, Jennifer L. Armentrout
Mr and Miss Anonymoys, Fern Michaels
1225 Christmas Tree Lane, Debbie Macomber
Obsidian, Jennifer L. Armentrout
Desiring the Highlander, Michele Sinclair
The Chritmas Knight, Michele Sinclair
Between Friends, Debbie Macomber
Chocolate Chip Cookie Murder, Joanne Fluke
Carbon Copy Cowboy, Arlene James
Don't Sweat the Small Stuff in Love, Richard Carlson
Slave of the Legon, Marshall Thomas
If Ever They Happened Upon My Lair, R.A. Salvatore
Cause for Alarm, Erica Spindler
Southern Comfort, Fern Michaels.

Last edited by artifact; 10-18-2012 at 05:14 PM. Reason: edited code just in case its case sensitive
artifact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 06:59 PM   #1343
Blue2u
Wizard
Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by taming View Post
So, it's like one click on Amazon, I guess.
I don't know, but I do know that I don't want my settings to change without my consent, and then to feel forced to provide more personal information was just another thing that added "insult to injury" if you will. If Amazon did this, I'd be unhappy as well. The difference was when I set up my Amazon account it was my choice to turn on 1click buy or not. *shrugs* JMHO
Old 10-18-2012, 08:21 PM   #1344
Blue2u
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by artifact View Post
Opening up Kobo Desktop for the 2.1.15 update I am presented with:

Get 90% off, enter 90BK at checkout.

Listed books (no idea if its only these books):
Witches of East End, Melissa de la Cruz
Hidden Summit, Robyn Carr
Legion, Brandon Sanderson
The Agency: A Spy in the House, Y. S. Lee
Across the Hall, NM Facile
Onyx, Jennifer L. Armentrout
Mr and Miss Anonymoys, Fern Michaels
1225 Christmas Tree Lane, Debbie Macomber
Obsidian, Jennifer L. Armentrout
Desiring the Highlander, Michele Sinclair
The Chritmas Knight, Michele Sinclair
Between Friends, Debbie Macomber
Chocolate Chip Cookie Murder, Joanne Fluke
Carbon Copy Cowboy, Arlene James
Don't Sweat the Small Stuff in Love, Richard Carlson
Slave of the Legon, Marshall Thomas
If Ever They Happened Upon My Lair, R.A. Salvatore
Cause for Alarm, Erica Spindler
Southern Comfort, Fern Michaels.
Thank you for posting!
Tried a few things, but for me it only worked on the list you provided.
Old 10-19-2012, 04:12 AM   #1345
andreabc
Zealot
andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle (4th gen)
Thanks for the code! I found what I think is a longer list of books on which the code works here...
andreabc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 11:23 AM   #1346
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Thanks for the code! I got a nice Brandon Sanderson novella for 20p.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 11:56 AM   #1347
camiller
Addict
camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wireless
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue2u View Post
I don't know, but I do know that I don't want my settings to change without my consent, and then to feel forced to provide more personal information was just another thing that added "insult to injury" if you will. If Amazon did this, I'd be unhappy as well. The difference was when I set up my Amazon account it was my choice to turn on 1click buy or not. *shrugs* JMHO
For what it is worth, I think it is a new setting not a setting that was changed. Also, if you read through the thread dedicated to the topic it appears that you would have to accept it the first time by not unchecking a box while making a purchase. I'm not disagreeing that they couldn't have rolled this new option out better, particularly they should have made it so you had to check a box to accept it and/or made it clearer what the option was.
camiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 12:19 PM   #1348
Blue2u
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by camiller View Post
For what it is worth, I think it is a new setting not a setting that was changed. Also, if you read through the thread dedicated to the topic it appears that you would have to accept it the first time by not unchecking a box while making a purchase. I'm not disagreeing that they couldn't have rolled this new option out better, particularly they should have made it so you had to check a box to accept it and/or made it clearer what the option was.
Agreed! Also makes it difficult since you need to select 'buy now' to see if it's agency priced or not.

Also got this in email:
"Get these ebooks on film. All just $4.99 - today ONLY!"
List link: http://www.kobobooks.com/lists/filmp...9booksonfilmCA

"Tinker Tailor" showed over $17 at Amazon, couple others seemed same price, didn't check them all. Likely Canada code only by 'CA' at end of link.

Last edited by Blue2u; 10-19-2012 at 12:20 PM. Reason: clarification
Old 10-19-2012, 12:22 PM   #1349
MsMiq07
MsMiq07 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!MsMiq07 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!MsMiq07 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!MsMiq07 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!MsMiq07 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!MsMiq07 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!MsMiq07 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!MsMiq07 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!MsMiq07 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!MsMiq07 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!MsMiq07 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: none
Can you buy more than one book with this code?

Can you buy more than one book with this code (90BK)? I have never been able to buy more than one book at a time on KOBO. Thanks for any help.
MsMiq07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 12:23 PM   #1350
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMiq07 View Post
Can you buy more than one book with this code (90BK)? I have never been able to buy more than one book at a time on KOBO. Thanks for any help.
Kobo seems to have no kind of shopping cart. All books must be bought one at a time, and any code seems to be able to be applied to only one book.

Although some people have found that some codes 'reset' after a certain amount of time.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coupon, discount, ridiculous deals