Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 02-18-2012, 05:36 PM   #46
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
I found some of the 99 cents books are the same price at Amazon. So I picked it up there. I also bought two regular price ebooks by K. J. Larsen at Amazon and one at Kobo with coupon.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 09:27 AM   #47
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
Poisoned Pen Press now has a new bunch of $0.99 mysteries up for March:

http://www.poisonedpenpress.com/discover-mystery/

I haven't checked (have to run off to work so I can pay for all of my e-books ) but I assume these are the first, or at least early, in their respective series as PPP has done before.

As an aside (a recommendation, not a deal) I also just noticed that PPP has the two most recent Joanne Dobson/Karen Pelletier mysteries: The Maltese Manuscript and Death Without Tenure. I was lucky enough to get three of the first four in this series from Fictionwise before they imploded, and now here are the most recent two. I like this academic-setting series, probably because my dad was a college professor, and so the academic maneuvering Dobson puts in the books brings back memories - although it never got as far as murder at my dad's school, of course! Although you can get them a bit cheaper at Kobo (with coupon) or Amazon, I like buying direct from PPP because you get two formats DRM-free, and also because that way presumably both PPP and the author get a bit more money.

Last edited by sufue; 03-08-2012 at 09:33 AM.
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 09:47 AM   #48
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
Yay! More historicals this time around, and some nearly-Canadiana (almost close enough geographically) and stuff set outside of North America/UK and a science/academia one as well! Variety more to my liking this time around.

Too bad they removed the older titles as I was planning to make some more recommends after having read them, but I suppose that's only to be expected. Just as well I went and scooped the lot when they were available.

Anyway, shopping spree tonight! I'll also be buying direct from the publisher as usual to support them with a bigger share of the actual purchase price and DRM-free multiple format e-book bundles (PPP are DRMed everywhere else that I know of) which I want to encourage.

Thanks also for the recommend for the Dobson/Pelletier academic-setting series. I like that sort of thing as well and I'll keep an eye out for them at the library or hopefully upcoming PPP introductory sale.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 10:09 AM   #49
Synamon
Lunatic
Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite and Keyboard, Kobo Aura, iPad mini, iPod Touch
I picked up Murder in Mykonos and Dry Bones. A little European flavour for my mystery pile.
Synamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 02:00 PM   #50
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sufue View Post
Poisoned Pen Press now has a new bunch of $0.99 mysteries up for March:

http://www.poisonedpenpress.com/discover-mystery/
If you like Cozy Mystery with a women sleuth and a touch of romantic element. I can highly recommended Liar Liar by K.J. Larsen I paid full price for it. I really enjoyed it and the sequel. I'm hoping the series will be picked up for more.
Old 03-08-2012, 04:31 PM   #51
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Thanks--I got Mew Is for Murder, by Clea Simon, a book I've been meaning to pick up for some time.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 06:54 PM   #52
mitford13
Guru
mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air2, Fire HD10, Paperwhite, Kobo App
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synamon View Post
I picked up Murder in Mykonos and Dry Bones. A little European flavour for my mystery pile.
I picked up the same two - although noticed them first on the ereaderiq price drops...next time I'll try to be more savvy and get them directly from the publisher's site. I'm so lazy when it comes to the amazon stuff - need to be more supportive of the small presses.

I've noticed Peter May becoming more popular on amazon uk - hope he picks up in the US as well.
mitford13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 06:59 PM   #53
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
Thanks--I got Mew Is for Murder, by Clea Simon, a book I've been meaning to pick up for some time.
I decided to grab it as well.
Old 03-08-2012, 07:01 PM   #54
Blue Tyson
Blue Captain
Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G,Huawei Ideos X3,Kobo Mini
Enzo Macleod of the clan Macleod!
Blue Tyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 08:34 PM   #55
melmac
Wizard
melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS650, Sony T3
Everytime I try to purchase I get the checkout error message that my address doesn't match my card I have sent them an email hopefully they can sort it out
melmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 09:31 PM   #56
anamardoll
Chasing Butterflies
anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Uses batteries.
Aw, if they had a "cozy" section, I'd just buy them all. I don't know a thing about mysteries, but my mom likes cozies.
anamardoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 11:12 PM   #57
mitford13
Guru
mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air2, Fire HD10, Paperwhite, Kobo App
Quote:
Originally Posted by anamardoll View Post
Aw, if they had a "cozy" section, I'd just buy them all. I don't know a thing about mysteries, but my mom likes cozies.
Whaaat, you don't know cozies?

I'm a total fan of British cosies - just wanted to mention that this site does an excellent job of tracking mysteries whether by genre OR location [they totally had me when they broke out England (excluding London) and London, England separately.] But I digress...

Your mom might enjoy it!

stopyourekillingme.com
mitford13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 12:12 AM   #58
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
As much as I would like to purchase directly from the publisher, their third-party checkout system is not secure -- from any browser.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 01:03 AM   #59
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
As much as I would like to purchase directly from the publisher, their third-party checkout system is not secure -- from any browser.
It's an https connection using Firefox from where I currently am in Canada and checking by putting stuff into the basket.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 08:47 AM   #60
anamardoll
Chasing Butterflies
anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Uses batteries.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitford13 View Post
Whaaat, you don't know cozies?

I'm a total fan of British cosies - just wanted to mention that this site does an excellent job of tracking mysteries whether by genre OR location [they totally had me when they broke out England (excluding London) and London, England separately.] But I digress...

Your mom might enjoy it!

stopyourekillingme.com
Thank you! I always buy any indie cozies I can find!
anamardoll is offline   Reply With Quote