Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 12-12-2009, 12:38 PM   #1
magsmusic
magsmusic began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen 3
Talking Just joined

I have been reading e-books for some years now on a Palm Tungsten T3. I also bought a Cybook Gen3 a couple of years ago and love it. My biggest problem is that I have a number of e-books in ereader format which cannot be read on the Cybook and also I want to buy from a favourite publisher but it seems they only publish in epub or adobe format which are incompatable with the Cybook. When will someone write a comparative crit of all the ebook readers instead of just the latest ones? I probably will have to buy a new reader to supplement the Cybook and I don't know which will be the best.(I don't want to read on the Palm any more because of limited battery life).Where is the ereader which will read all formats??? Sorry if this has been covered in another thread. PS. I live in UK so all the comments I read in another conversation apply - no access to US content.
magsmusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 12:48 PM   #2
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Welcome to MR, magsmusic

Let's see... the Wiki has some great information..

Various devices

The eBook Comparison Matrix

I have the Sony 505 and love it. So far, I haven't found anything to temp me away (well, the pocketbook 360 looks interesting).

Have fun exploring the forums and jump in with specific questions when you need additional information.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-12-2009, 04:20 PM   #3
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi magsmusic and welcome to MobileRead. Like dreams, I have a Sony 505 and wouldn't part with it. Although I just had my hands on the Nook and like it fine.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 05:10 PM   #4
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Welcome!
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 07:29 AM   #5
magsmusic
magsmusic began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen 3
Smile

Thanks for the links Dreams. The Wiki stuff is very helpful. I have just tried to buy the e-slick from the ereader.com site as I still have a lot of Palm books. However, as usual, the site won't let me buy it - doesn't ship to UK. I have found a site in Europe which has it, but it only has 2 formats enabled!!! Presumably, like the Sony which took ages to get to the UK, this one will eventually be available here.
magsmusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert