Notices

Old 09-14-2013, 03:10 PM   #1
bigshot120
bigshot120 began at the beginning.

Device: pc
Kindle For PC - Questions

Hello,

I want to ask some questions about kindle 4 pc:

1. In kindle Ebook, I can highlight one word using the right click, but I can't highlight a whole sentence with left click, is that a bug, or is there a way to do that? For example if i want to highlight a whole passage and copy it?

2. What English dictionaries does kindle have and how can i switch between them?

Thank you very much!!
bigshot120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 04:04 PM   #2
susan_cassidy
Wizard
susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad (not used much for reading)
1. I can highlight whatever I want in K4PC.

2. Some Kindles come with 1 dictionary, others with 2. Check your Archives and see. If you have more than one, there should be an option in Menu to select a primary dictionary.
susan_cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 09:03 AM   #3
bigshot120
bigshot120 began at the beginning.

Device: pc
Thumbs up

Thank you for you reply.
bigshot120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 08:26 PM   #4
allowingtoo
Bibliophile
allowingtoo began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon
Can I also ask a question under this topic? I recently formatted my computer and was forced to download the new Kindle for PC on my computer and I hate hate hate it. It downloaded every Kindle book I have bought onto my PC - well - not downloaded - it's just so I can view them in case I want to download them.

But if I'm editing a book in Sigil or something and I want to view the book in Mobi format - Kindle for PC keeps telling me that the book is already downloaded or in the Library and won't open the new one. The old version didn't store the book like that. I have to manually delete the "old" book before I can try to view the new improved Mobi version I've corrected. I tried downloading an older version of Kindle for PC and of course it refused to open and run it. (I used Revo to uninstall Kindle for PC)

I complained to Amazon and of course they said "Sorry and we will pass this on to the developers" and that was it. Has anyone had any success in downloading and running an earlier version? It used to be you could do that. I still have one running on another one of my other computers where I have disabled updates thank goodness.

Last edited by allowingtoo; 09-27-2013 at 08:29 PM.
allowingtoo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dictionary, ebook "kindle book", highlight, kindle 4 pv