Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-14-2008, 05:15 PM   #1
ProDigit
Karmaniac
ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, Jetbook, + Mini, +Color, Astak Ez Reader Pro, PPW1, Aura H2O
Coolest gadget/thing for the Sony Reader

1- What do you think is the coolest gadget for the reader?
2- What is the best or coolest piece of software/add on for the reader you find?

So far my contribution to this thread would be Sudoku.
http://www.msh-tools.com/ebook/sudoku.html
Someone on this forum told me about it, and I just love doing something else than reading books on my reader!

As far as gadgets, I don't know if there are many... Probably the light or the leather deluxe pocket is the best!
ProDigit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 06:54 AM   #2
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
I don't know about the cool factor, but the most useful accessory that I bought for the Reader is the pouch, the padded cover/protector that I keep my reader in. It's great, I can carry my reader everywhere without worrying about damaging it.

Coolness factor would have to go to the solar cell that I have to recharge the reader when I'm camping. It also works for a number of other devices.

The device that I'm still looking for is a good reading light. I've bought quite a few, but so far none really works well with the reader.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-15-2008, 08:09 AM   #3
ProDigit
Karmaniac
ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

any links to the solar panel?
I know I have a solar panel for my GameBoy SP, and it also works like a charm!
Maybe I can power the reader with it, who knows...
Old 11-15-2008, 08:15 AM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Thanks for the info ProDigit.

See the thread on this game here. https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20357
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 08:34 AM   #5
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwalker8 View Post
I don't know about the cool factor, but the most useful accessory that I bought for the Reader is the pouch, the padded cover/protector that I keep my reader in. It's great, I can carry my reader everywhere without worrying about damaging it.

Coolness factor would have to go to the solar cell that I have to recharge the reader when I'm camping. It also works for a number of other devices.

The device that I'm still looking for is a good reading light. I've bought quite a few, but so far none really works well with the reader.
Any links to the pouch?

Coolest gadget I've bought for my 505 is the iGo AA Batter recharger.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-15-2008, 05:31 PM   #6
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProDigit View Post
any links to the solar panel?
I know I have a solar panel for my GameBoy SP, and it also works like a charm!
Maybe I can power the reader with it, who knows...
It's the Solio H1000 ( http://www.solio.com ) It's pretty nice. It does what it's designed to do quite well. It comes with a variety of adapters for various devices. I use the USB adapter. Does the GameBoy use the same power connector as the reader?
Old 11-15-2008, 05:33 PM   #7
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassidym View Post
Any links to the pouch?

Coolest gadget I've bought for my 505 is the iGo AA Batter recharger.
The Pouch

I like mine a lot.
Old 11-15-2008, 08:46 PM   #8
mgrunk
Zealot
mgrunk has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505
The light wedge - I had 3 other little lamps - burned through the esoteric little batteries too quickly - and - the lighting was uneven. The integrated wedge and cover isn't perfect - a bit uneven lighting, but very usable IMO - and - I can use rechargeable AA batteries, so in the middle of the night, I can just swap them out. And, FWIW, the batteries lost a long time before I have to swap them unlike the 2035's I used in one of the prior lights.
mgrunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 08:54 PM   #9
ProDigit
Karmaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwalker8 View Post
It's the Solio H1000 ( http://www.solio.com ) It's pretty nice. It does what it's designed to do quite well. It comes with a variety of adapters for various devices. I use the USB adapter. Does the GameBoy use the same power connector as the reader?
I'll have to get back to you on that.. I know the GameBoy itself connects via a specified gameboy plug, but the solar panel has a small dc plug that resembles the reader's plug.

The reader's AC adaptor is rated 5,2V, and I'm not sure, but think that the gameboy's solarpanel outputs 3,7V (depending on the light it absorbs).
But I can't say for sure,since it's somewhere buried in my attic on the previous move.
If I'll find it back I'll let you know!
Old 11-16-2008, 06:33 AM   #10
ProDigit
Karmaniac

here's something from the main page:
http://readerplates.com/

what it is, I don't know.
what I can do with it, I don't know.
But it sure looks cool!

*Edit: At first it seemed like a GPS, but after mysmall investigation it seemed just to be a collection of maps for purchase.*

Last edited by ProDigit; 11-16-2008 at 07:22 AM.
Old 11-16-2008, 04:51 PM   #11
BobVA
Addict
BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kobo Clara, Sony PRS950, T1, T2, T3
I've gotten a lot of use of the DIY polycarbonate case for the Reader:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11420
BobVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 05:10 PM   #12
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
And I have the MEdge Leisure cover that I'm very pleased with. It zips shut with a clear plastic front and a padded back. Very handy for use at the gym, beach or on a boat.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 12:50 PM   #13
Xenophon
curmudgeon
Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, (ex)nook, (ex)PRS-700, (ex)PRS-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobVA View Post
I've gotten a lot of use of the DIY polycarbonate case for the Reader:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11420
Me too. And also "me three," since my wife uses the case for her reader, too.

Xenophon
Xenophon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 05:13 PM   #14
aliencane
Enthusiast
aliencane is on a distinguished road

Device: Sony 505, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenophon View Post
Me too. And also "me three," since my wife uses the case for her reader, too.

Xenophon
Me four. I use it when traveling.
aliencane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 05:37 PM   #15
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProDigit View Post
2- What is the best or coolest piece of software/add on for the reader you find?
I'm astonished that no one has mentioned Calibre, so far.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote